a little peice of mind.

Best answers
LOOK.. I have no beef w/ anybody here, but reading the past few posts... I decided to post some advice.

Now, let me take you through a very simple math exam. I'll rattle off a couple of equations, and you tell me what you observe about them. Be mindful of the instructions. You are to tell me what you observe about the equations. Here goes:

3+4=7, 9+2=11, 8+4=13, and 6+6=12. Tell me, what do you observe?

Every time I conduct this test, more than 90 percent of the participants immediately say, 8+4 is NOT 13, it's 12!

That's true and they are correct. But they could have also observed that the three other equations were right. That 3+4 is 7, that 9+2 is 11, and that 6+6 is 12.

What's my point? Many people immediately focus on the negative instead of the positive. Most of us focus on what's wrong with other people more than what's right about them.

Examine those four equations. Three were right and only one was wrong. But what is the knee-jerk observation? The wrong equation.

If 10 noob's you didn't know were to walk through the forum door, most of you would describe those people by what's negative about them. oh, hey, this guy spammed! hey, this guy's sig really sucks, What a grammatical freak.. Etc.

Get the point? It's always the negative we focus on and not the positive.

You'll definitely experience this in the corporate world. You do a hundred good things and one mistake-guess what? Chances are, your attention will be called on that one mistake.

So what's better than focusing on the negative? Believe me, its focusing on the positive. And if this forum could learn to focus on the positive more than the negative, it would be a much nicer place to live in.

Do you guys understand?.. It's not their fault, if they didn't read all the stickies just to post.. It takes too much time. And most of us like to budget our time. In other words, what is better than a long speech?: definitely a short one.

And guys, my final note. Don't over-exaggerate spamming and flaming.
sheesh, some ppl. act like the spammer just killed a guy or sumthin'.
Just because you said, no spamming, and this one guy spammed, and another spammed, doesn't mean you have to go totally wacko and cancel your model/wip/map/whatever..

Oh yeah.. This is just advice, ok? nothing personal, just advice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is this in Models forum? And, uh, your idea won't work because we are all human. That's the problem.

Best answers
you didn't understand the point.

just because we're human does not mean we can't act a little more friendly towards each other dude.
And I put it in the models section because most of the problems happen here.

And this is exactly my point. Why do people always focus on the negative? (ex: Gman's post) why can't we change at least every once in a while and see that the positive side is just as important?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good thing you edited that post, it had typos ALL OVER the place! Horrid! By the way my name is spelled GMan not Gman, thank you.

this is sarcasm

Best answers
Sooo.. your saying if someone dosnt follow the rules, flames, spams and etc. then its NOT their fault? Im sorry but thats a bunch of bull****. Someone that comes in here and posts that their a newb are usually greated by the mods and treated nice. They are told the rules and such, and most follow, the ones that dont deSERVE to be punished, they deserVE to have a warning. Once my math teacher gave our class a sheet with about 10 very hard questions. It took about an hour to finish, when people got to the bottem it said: 'You should have read the directions, for they told you NOT to do this test' and sure enough, when I looked at the Directions it said, simply put, 'Do not do this worksheet' so what was our punishment for not folowing directions? Well we had to sit there for an hour doing a math test we didnt have to do. So basicly what im saying is people need to look around and examine what their talking about before they critisize someting. People focus on the negative because we are all human. After class, everyone was pissed because they had to do the test, except they didnt really have to do it. They were just too ignorant enough to follow directions.
I guess what I'M trying to say is, sure people do make mistakes, but they learn from those mistakes with the consequences handed to them. To let someone off because there a newb is like letting a robber go free because it was his first time and he ****ed it up on accident.

Best answers
frankly, some people DO deserve to be punished.
(and, I'm sorry GMan for typing too fast and mispelling your name.)
I just feel sorry for some ppl. that get banned, and when they return, they cause another problem, then they get banned again. These ppl. need help, dudes. there is no such thing, as worthless. there is something good in everybody.

and I believe that very strongly.
Like i said.. I Have no beef w/ anybody.

oh yeah, I forgot some other stuff, too.

1. most of the noob's that join are young, and are very inexperienced.
2. we all make mistakes.. well, OBVIOUSLY.
3. If a noob makes a mistake, try to understand, and maybe help him out, because nobody is problem free (but still, a warning is a warning :p)
they might have some type of personal problem,
or maybe frustrated.
4. IM NOT TELLING YOU TO DO THIS.. THIS IS ADVICE.

And i'm sorry if you misunderstood my post..
malabo nga siya no? (my point IS pretty hard to understand, eh?)

Best answers
You read my mind Death the jedi, someone should Stickify this thread.

Best answers
No I see your point quite clearly, except I cant bring myself to agree with you. If one 'noob' comes in and makes a mistake, gets a slap on the hand and no real punishment, the chances of him doing it again are much more likely than one who DID get a fair punishment. Earlier, I completly flamed the CS board for getting no tech help on my problem (and frankly many other problems also) and their complete lack of decent mods for support. I mean these people were running around closing threads without the person saying it was fixed, and repeating suggestions that have NOT worked in the past. All I did was go in there and say 'AYE >.< you need some better tech support, its ****ty, and because I cant play, as far as im concerned the game is ****ty >.<' So I was probably banned and the thread closed but I dont really care. Because I was sick of getting no help from them.
But thats it, its different here, people get help for what they need, and if there are no solutions to the problem, the mods dont ignore it and act as if its not happening like some others I apparently know from the CS forum. Anyway.. yeah.. I guess I kinda forgot what my point was.. eh.. seriously... >.<

Best answers
(sorry for double-posting, problem w/ the edit button.)

Slander, I respect your post, but the point you are trying to put out is not far from mine.

sure, punish those who makes mistakes, they will learn from it.

but what about those who DON'T??

not everybody understands what they did was wrong, and most likely they will do it again.
What i'm suggesting, is that you should punish the guy, and maybe H-E-L-P him understand that what he did was wrong. (of course, maybe you should wait for him to try to defend himself or something, just to make sure he misunderstood. hehe :p)

Best answers
If the person that broke a rule, and does it more than once, wonders why hes getting warned for it, frankly, in my humble opinion deserves whatever punishment he/she gets. He was too ignorant to look at the rules, why should he be handicapped for neglecting to read something so blatenly obvious. And Im talking about the little things that say S-T-I-C-K-I-E in front of the post.

Best answers
since slander interrupted my double-posting (thank you very much.)

I'll tell you why i posted this.
(edit button STILL isn't working)

the brother of a very dear friend of mine, killed himself two days ago, Because he was punished
for having bad grades.
Mainly because He was not given guidance by his parents that night (the, "we punish you because we love you" always works :p) and continued to demoralize him.

I posted this because I felt sorry for her and her dead brother. (who wouldn't, running to you and crying on your shoulder.)

Best answers
Im sure that was a grasp for sympathy, but with all do respect, I still dont agree with you. This person that you speak of, the brother of your friend, obviously had something emotionally wrong with him, otherwise he wouldnt have just killed himself for bad grades. Maybe if the parent were pushing for absolute perfection, but otherwise, I would imagine this boy was depressed long before he pulled that trigger or kicked the chair from underneath him and made that unfortunate decision. I myself was classified as "Majorly depressed" when I was 10. Had I not gotten help, I probably would have hung/shot myself too. Life isnt easy, some can handle it, others need help every now and then. But im going off topic....
*edit* Gasp, sometimes I amaze myself with the things I come up with...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i respect that quartz, i respect that very much, as you read though these many post of yours, you share a very unique understanding on the way people work, sadly we are not perfect, god gave us a conscence, that means WE choose what we do, nobody else, our lifes are never planned ahead, and this reflects on the forums, someone new comes, they want to go straight in because they choose, instead of reading rules and so on because its faster, but can have bad results, becuase we are human, there is always 2 choices. those more experianced will make wiser ones, but the new people try to catch up with the rest of us, and it will be always this way as long as we can choose and there is someone to look up to and try to be beside, thats life,

i feel sorry for your friend, but life always throws somthing at us to make a moral choice. if life was all happy and perfect, imagine how dull and lifeless this universe would be? as i like to think, always think you are superiour to others, so they can revel and the superiority of your perception, anyways, thats enough of this rather plesant talk, people like you are ones who deserve more, as i say, it is always darkest before dawn.

Best answers
I spose I should say I agree with the negative positive part before im flamed eh? (Damn you shijing making me look like an ass lol) What I dont agree with was the mistake part..
AYE, didnt the Toonami announcer say 'Its always Darkest just before Dawn' while commercializing the new (now old) Majin Buu series? lol...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nobody is gonna flame anyone in this post unless they do something wrong, ive yet to see that,

i really like this thread on moral discussion, makes people think, kinda like the philosophy of parralel time, anyways, to do it some decentcy, mabie a mod should tug it over to off topic?

Best answers
Well it brought out the best (I think) in my debate skillz. lol, Quartz made me think tonight though, rather this morning, anyway I think I'll hit the sack now and sulk in my madness. Later

Best answers
Slander, what you said about the emotionally wrong part.. you are right, and I agree.
Those that should be helped, are those that have something terribly wrong going about them.
(I told you it wasn't very far!)
I know there are ppl. here, who try not to make any mistakes, and who understands fully, the consequences..
They do not need help because they "understand".
But for those who are less fortunate than others, (ex: were in some type of accident, or has something bugging them, or maybe a mental problem)
definitely, they should be helped because they "misunderstand".
Punish them as heavily as the rules state you will punish.
but please, if they repeat, obviously
There is something wrong. Of course, you have to punish, but Try to ask them what's wrong as well(THIS is my point). Whilst the point in my first post was to act nicer, and try to see the positive side of the person (it is recommended to understand the person first), before posting.

And shijing, thank you for a very pleasant read. Although I know you understand fully, the point of my words, It does not take, a Perfect human being, to act nicer, and to lessen, man's inhumanity, towards man. (equilibrium rules :p)

And slander, thanks for exchanging opinions w/ me. to tell you the truth I learned a lot today.

EDIT: sorry guys, didn't see that you were already done :p
this'll be my last post unless somebody objects/did not understand, please, feel free to post whatever is on your mind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the answer to everything, prozuim :p

yeah, its been pretty good to see other people's opinions, anyways, lets try and keep this alive, im enjoying this, maby i'll start another thread with some brain work ^_^

really, the only way to supress hate for eachother is to live entirely by instinct, but as long as we have the ability to make choices, there will always be wrong about, take animals, i'll use a spider for an example, spiders live by instinct, they are born with all the intelligence that is needed, they do not learn, they do not choose, (this goes for most creatures) and pain and suffering still happens, eg: the female spider eats the male, and then gets eaten by her children,
but if you think, they do not choose to do this, that is instinct, they are born with that, and there life IS planned out before them, but we, we are the only creature on this planet with the capability to make a choice, whitch is why it will bring the downkind of us, as long as our conscence exsists, suffering will.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Moved* to Off-topic.

Talking from the forums point of view:
We [mods/admins] aren't evil. We are foced to act harsh for the betterment of the forums. Even after people are banned, even after they ban-evade, even after they curse us to hell, we still give them 'yet' another chance. This whole thing is all dependant on you! It's not that hard to know a few lines of rules. =P

And you know something, the mods get 2 pots of gold for every warning they hand out, and 5 pots for every bann they might cause. It's really fun, yup really is. When you are a mod, everyone loves you and you get richer and richer, that's the life of a moderator. [Heavy Sarcasm Intended]

When warnings are given out, the only hope is that we try that people read it and the same mistakes aren't carried out in the future. It's not like we warn people to torture them, we just try to take these forums to being as much as a family or community rather than a fish market of abusers. And in return for that, we get more people who hate us and less who actually respect the things we do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom