A little(big) problem(and yes I read the other help topics)

Ter

Best answers
Hi there, I recently downloaded the mod and I got the problem that it crashed and went back to desktop. I read the topics about it and tried what was recommended with the video settings(I actually tried with the 3 options each time with a minimum of a 600x800 resolution) but the game keeps crashing.

Any other tips?

Best answers
1.Select open gl.
2.find your desktop resolution and set it to that in game.
3.Describe exactly when this happens.

Best answers
Sometimes, however... you WILL experience your game crashing to the desktop at random times. Mine just did it once yesterday. Its pretty normal I suppose. Doesn't happen all that often. Anyway, stick with openGL like warbandit said.

Retired
Best answers
Well some times it the resolution so try the next highest one see if it's more stable for you and make sure you don't have much running in the backround.

Best answers
actually, Half Life recommends 800x600 as its more stable resolution for its mods. Cranking up the resolution is only going to make your video card and cpu work harder to produce sharper graphics. There's no sense in using above 1024x768 anyway. Things start to get too small on your display to properly aim and swoop accurately.

Best answers
correct but unless you changed your desktop resulotion, u should stick to that in game. this computer of mine isnt even a month old. does not even have half-life yet but im waiting. (i had half-life and esf on old computer but a burnt version) back when it wasnt enforced.

Best answers
When "what" wasn't enforced? I believe halflife has always had authentification. WON has been around for ages.

Anyway, I am sticking firm to 800x600 to NO HIGHER THAN 1024x768 resolution for the openGL option.

Best answers
For some reason I'm having a problem using opengl now. It says my video card doesn't support it (Geforce FX5600 256MB DDR). Though I was using it a few days ago. To my knowledge, nothing was changed. Anyone know why its doing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom