8.9 Earthquake hits Japan, devistating Tsunami.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
the moon... its white.... yah

its true and its BRUTAL!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got confused with astronomy. My bad.
Shoot, astrologers know more effects of the celestial bodies than scientists accept. All I know is I can't wait until Saturn is no longer retrograde.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mkil, you know I love you, but could you please do like, at least one minute of research before posting something that appears as absurd as that map does as first glance.

A) It doesn't give us any indication of how likely a nuclear meltdown is.
B) It's claiming that, in the case of a meltdown, the west coast of the U.S. is going to be exposed to more than 150% of the lethal dose of radiation. This is preposterously high.
C) Australian Radiation Services? This isn't even a government agency. They're a very small firm who attempt to help other companies meet radiation legal guidelines. They are in no position to make such a map.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aw, but I just wanted to spread fear.

My friend posted it, so I reposted it, simple.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Idiocy is never a valid excuse, Bride. Never.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about mental retardation? I have that, according to doctors.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just want to point out that whoever made that fallout map seems to have forgotten that scientists don't use "rads" for anything to do with radiation. Generally you deal with Röntgens or sieverts if you're talking about radiation danger. If you're talking about treatments in hospitals, you might hear the term "Gray" abbreviated to Gy, but that's very seldom used to describe how dangerous any form of radiation is.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Negatory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rad_(unit)

The United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission requires the use of the units curie, rad and rem as part of the Code of Federal Regulations 10CFR20.
The continued use of the rad is "strongly discouraged" by the author style guide of the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology.[2] Nevertheless, use of the rad remains widespread and is still an industry standard.[3]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still calling bull****. There is no linkback to the data or how it has been calculated. I trust nothing that claims to be scientific without showing the data.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My japanese girlfriend just broke up with me. But that's okay, there's plenty more in the sea.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My japanese girlfriend just broke up with me. But that's okay, there's plenty more in the sea.
I love you.

But yea that Fallout map started on the internet slums from what I hear.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
You know, I am in the process of making a list of all the ESF members I hate from most to least, you were pretty high up there, but this knocked you down to almost the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom