519 record to break

Best answers
According to the esf forum main page, the highest ammount of members ever to be online at a single time was 519, i say we set a date an try to break the record !! :D, i know this sounds incredibly stupid, and a waste of time, but wouldnt it be fun anyway? bring your friends!

So, eh, any takers?

- Malrak

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think itll go over that on the next release >_>

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me agrees.

1.3 will be so friggin popular, it will bring heaps and heaps of people here, new and veterans alike. I think we'll reach 600.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.3 release date (or a few days after)...I predict around 700 or more, it'll be the first HL/2 DBZ mod to be fully completed.

Of course...most of the messages will be along the lines of...

OMFG THIS GAME SUX11!!!!1!
OMFG THIS GAME ROX!!!!!1!!1
HOW DO I PLAY AS GOGETA!?
HOW DO I FUSE?!
HOW DO I GO SSJ4?!

And the obligatory:

U SHUD ADD [Insert movie or GT character here] COS IT WUD BE KOOL!!!1!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
1.3 release date (or a few days after)...I predict around 700 or more, it'll be the first HL/2 DBZ mod to be fully completed.

Of course...most of the messages will be along the lines of...

OMFG THIS GAME SUX11!!!!1!
OMFG THIS GAME ROX!!!!!1!!1
HOW DO I PLAY AS GOGETA!?
HOW DO I FUSE?!
HOW DO I GO SSJ4?!

And the obligatory:

U SHUD ADD [Insert movie or GT character here] COS IT WUD BE KOOL!!!1!!
lmao couldn't of said it better my self. Yes, esf 1.3 will no doubtidly bring a massive hoard of either new players or old players back in the game. evm and esf3 (short for esf 1.3 for me) compare/contrast threads will be made, a flood of questions (to be expected in any game).

As for the 'comunity', ever since 1.2.x kicked in, there was always "started in 1.1" and "started in 1.2" oh, and those alpha guys...but they don't really exist, so they dont count. I am curious on how the 1.3 new players will compare to 1.2 and 1.1 players.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
20 bucks on the 1.3 release date....i guess....650 users....

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Honestly, I dont think 1.3 will even be close to the other beta. It was insane on that release date and im not sure even all this hype can equal that :eek:

And trying to organize a date for 600 people to go on at the same time is kinda impossible :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don't remind me of the 1.2 release -_-... we couldn't even get in the IRC server because it was crammed...

and 15 seconds of unblocked chatting resolved in a massacre of text... *sigh*... looks like another day like that would come... *pulls out anti-newb saber*

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see it breaking the current record.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the release of 1.3 so many people will be here at the same time that the server can't handle it anymore, all members at once..

So the server goes offline, due to overload as all members are posting at once..., and any proof we got a record is lost. :p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i doubt it too.... it seems to be at really random times that the record does get broken =\

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
lmao couldn't of said it better my self. Yes, esf 1.3 will no doubtidly bring a massive hoard of either new players or old players back in the game. evm and esf3 (short for esf 1.3 for me) compare/contrast threads will be made, a flood of questions (to be expected in any game).

As for the 'comunity', ever since 1.2.x kicked in, there was always "started in 1.1" and "started in 1.2" oh, and those alpha guys...but they don't really exist, so they dont count. I am curious on how the 1.3 new players will compare to 1.2 and 1.1 players.
And started in 1.0 players :eek:

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was a constant full page of usernames around 1.0 time.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Although 1.3 will be popular, I'm not sure that it will bring in quite the same amount of people that 1.0's release did. This doesn't mean that ESF isn't popular, it's just that people were holding on to see a huge change from 2.0a to beta 1.0. Heck, there was so much activity involving the release and 1.0-related issues that a separate forum section had to be made (called "Beta 1" if I remember correctly) to house all of the threads that were popping up. Even then, this wasn't enough - Cheeseman and Cucumba had all active moderators promoted (temporarily) to Super Moderator status to handle the huge influx of threads and spam. Suffice it to say that the forums were rather chaotic. I'm not sure if we'll see that much activity for 1.3's release. After a bit of time (a week, maybe), I'm sure there will be plenty of people playing 1.3, but I'm not sure that you'll get as many people here at once as there were on the evening 1.0 was released - people seem to browse the forums less frequently now and will like pop in at odd intervals, rather than all at once.

Either way - if you want to try to get over 519 people on at once, then I can imagine you have some PM's to send out. As it stands, I don't think that 519 people frequent here, so it may be a while before you get at least 520 responses.

EDIT - I retract my statement with regards to 1.0 being the big day of activity. This is the last day I post directly after waking up from a nap -_-

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Most users ever online was 519, 12-12-2004 at 07:45 PM.

That's almost two years after 1.0 o_O

Pfft. Clearly, I've lost my mind :p ~Majin_You

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's just stupidity , i see ppl who try it and diss the mod buy sayying "mofg this mod sux , i see whyt no plays this stupid mod" and so on , heack , they need to give new things a try and read the guide , if i personally ever see any1 dissing the mod here , then i will see to it that they get my opinion delivered to there front door step :p

if anything , 1.3 will bring alot of gamers along whbo want to try something new and who are use to systems that are simlar to esf , honestly , if you have played any game that uses energy or anything simaler , then you will know how to play esf

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
oh, and those alpha guys...but they don't really exist, so they dont count.
i do exist :p

and i think it is possible to break the record when 1.3 comes ... we just need to do alot of pr first perhaps XD ... woo ... more radio interviews and such :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom