3dfx help

Best answers
allright I have another problem (yet again) and I have had to resort to the trustfull forums :p anyways enough of my sucking up... allright everytime I try to use the 3dfx mini driver or OpenGL it allways comes up (this display setting is incompatable with your device) I have a 3dfx Banshee 16mb card... and I wouldnt mind runnung the game in 3dfx mini driver, as I have heard that it produces better image quality, and speed for this cards... and because I only have a K6300 64mb of ram (upgraded to the legendary status of 512 today) I am willing to try it out, it runs Direct 3D fine, but the textures look a bit dodgy and dont have the crispness and it just doesnt look right... anyways any help on this subject would be greatly appreacieated! btw, if it a driver problem could you link me to the best driver? I am running Windows XP so I am gonna have to use 3rd party drivers... or revert back to 98... or ME...

Best answers
Originally posted by Pemalite
allright I have another problem (yet again) and I have had to resort to the trustfull forums :p anyways enough of my sucking up... allright everytime I try to use the 3dfx mini driver or OpenGL it allways comes up (this display setting is incompatable with your device) I have a 3dfx Banshee 16mb card... and I wouldnt mind runnung the game in 3dfx mini driver, as I have heard that it produces better image quality, and speed for this cards...
it also clearly says that its good for voodoo vidcards :scared: . i dunno why your vidcard wouldnt be compatible with it. i'd keep it at openGL or d3d if i was you (but i am not so its your choice:) )

Best answers
i think you visited the wrong thread rofl. this isnt about girls. this is about his vidcard probs-_-

Best answers
the thing is, I am only able to run in software mode... OPENGL nor Direct 3D work... (direct 3D works but the textures are dodgy and it is extremly slow) so yeah...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You shouldn't be running XP on a machine that slow, but 98 and ME only support 128MB of ram. I suggest you get a new GFX card, the banshee has old, old drivers. They don't like XP. XP's drivers might not have minigl support, since it's a dead api.

Best answers
Well if it XP does not support Mini GL then why does Quake 2 and Unreal Tournament run perfectly? and not to mention diablo 2
and when I play games I get a performance increase over 98 or ME (about 6fps) and it does not seem at all, slow except for demanding 3D games. but anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom