3d spriting

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think ESF should use 3d sprites instead of the normal 2d sprites. As Logan showed us, its quite easy to do and doesn't cause lag. The sprites look much nicer and you can do many effects to them, like making it look like the energy is flowing around the beam (i.e lightning, swirls, flarey effects). If ESF did this, I am sure that it would put them over the edge of any mod out there.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm quite capable of making the distinction being able to use 3d sprites and 2d myself. Yes, thats right, i've already used some 3d sprites, they have their uses but simple 2d hand drawn animation does too.

Btw, "like making it look like the energy is flowing around the beam (i.e lightning, swirls, flarey effects)" I just wanna know from the people here, do people want sprites that are exactly like the show? or do they want sexy crazy ones like the ones in budokai?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont care realy snce i dont use beams that mutch. But if id have to choose. Id say go for the DBZ stile beams.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ authenticity all the way, even if they look blander than the Budokai/Tenkaichi ones.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
meh,imho it has to look cool. I dont really care if its 100% true to the show or just made up.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess if you could stay true to the show but like add some spice to it then that would be awesome. I really haven't seen any super sexy sprites yet, so i can compare them with anything else.

I guess what you could do, which would make the discisson easier, is to create a couple sprites. Examples are DeathBall, SBC, Final Flash and Galick Gun and make two sets. One thats true to the show and one thats super sexy that you created. Then we can compair and see what the community likes more.

I always find that by comparing thing, you will get the best product.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I guess if you could stay true to the show but like add some spice to it then that would be awesome. I really haven't seen any super sexy sprites yet, so i can compare them with anything else.

I guess what you could do, which would make the discisson easier, is to create a couple sprites. Examples are DeathBall, SBC, Final Flash and Galick Gun and make two sets. One thats true to the show and one thats super sexy that you created. Then we can compair and see what the community likes more.

I always find that by comparing thing, you will get the best product.
You are just trying to make David do more work. SHAME ON YOU ^^

You know you can allways replace sprites. Right?

But he realy cool thing would be that there would be more attack sprites. Its kinda anoying that you replace one sprite and all the characters with that attack get it changed. It should only work for the one you changed.

Example:
Goku-kamehameha.spr
Gohan-kamehameha.spr

And so on ^^

@Kidboy sorry i stole your topic but the talk was about sprites already o_o

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Its fine that you did that. I like your idea alot as well. Maybe they can code a way to do it like that. I wouldn't mind having it like that instead of the old way.

I'm not trying to make Davy do more work, I just want the best for ESF so i figured if he made 2 sprites and made 2 sets and then compare them.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I made a few sprites for BTL which were bland but true-to-show. I use them as ESF replacements but I don't think the public would be too happy with the lack of detail compared to the sexy 1.3 models. The benefit was that they didn't take long to make (compared to say, a fully animated 3D sprite). Maybe two sets is for the best, if not then custom sprites make everyone happy.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
im only doing one version of everything, if something I do, i dont like or testers/team dont like, I'll redo it, but I dont really feel like twice the work load... thanks but no thanks :p.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, show us what you've got so far. Are you going towards the direction of true to the show or super flashy and awesome?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont have to do anything you say kidboy, remember that. D:

Personally i like it close to the show, i havent had time to do much "super flashy" awesomeness, Plus that'll take a degree of animating which will take me a while to get the hang of, I've done a few experiements in the past, but not anything brilliant. But I'll give it a go where I can.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the Kamehameha charge sprite you made looked fairly flashy and close to the show, but I like that you're going for accuracy. As long as you don't do something crazy like lightning in the Galick Gun or tassels on the Special Beam Cannon <3

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to be bossy. Sorry about that Davy. You should put your own personal twist to it like you do with your models.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i mean 2d and 3d both are cool, that really should be what you choose, if you like the boudakai feel , or the dragonball z original feel better, i would really use both, a litte of new and old school

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom