360 in combat!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I got a 360. I was going to get the Elite but the ONLY one in stocked near my house is all the way near San Fransico... premium at the time. I got all these questions that I couldn't find on Google or didn't look harder enough. I got Gears of Wars.

I noticed when I had to do the XBox patch for XBox games to work... some of them don't work. I assumed all the premium xbox games (the $20) worked for example Morrowind and Unreal Tournament Championship. I was really dissapointed in this. I was wondering do they do these patches once and a while? I love these two games but I don't want to get them on the PC. My original XBox broke so yeah.

I also heard that the 360 can overheat. My XBox is sitting verticle on glass. I assume the glass helps, so should I buy one of the intercoolers for the 360? I see them on sale for $10-20 but I don't know how they work.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard the third party 360's fan actually can **** up the 360, but i'm not sure if thats true. Just buy a warranty because the thing is going to break

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
MY friends 360 overheated because he had it on its side on carpet for a little while, as long as it's not a nice flat service if you have it horizontally you're fine.

Vertically however, you can put it just about anywhere.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard the third party 360's fan actually can **** up the 360, but i'm not sure if thats true. Just buy a warranty because the thing is going to break
The thing already has a warranty for a year and I think I saw something for extended warrenty for $$$ in the box. I put my 360 horizontal for now. Seems safer eh. :rolleyes:

Best answers
I put my 360 horizontal for now. Seems safer eh. :rolleyes:
But not nearly as next-gen! Shame on you.

Come to think of it, I flipped my toaster on it's side, along with my monitor.

I also flipped my dog on it's side, because it wasn't performing nearly well enough for me to call next-gen K-9.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks, lol. Been playing Gears of War online, a lot of fun! Though, I been kicked out of people servers for chain sawing the whole team sometimes... =(

Best answers
Don't buy the intercooler. Heard bad stories about it.

Best answers
Thanks, lol. Been playing Gears of War online, a lot of fun! Though, I been kicked out of people servers for chain sawing the whole team sometimes... =(
Alot of people including myself see chainsawing as a newbie thing, least you fit the role i suppose =). Chainsawing is only fun once in a while, the rest is just shottie sniping and torquing, if you can't do 1 of those 3 odds are you are booted.

Don't even get me started on frag tagging lol.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah haha. People really get pissed off when you chainsaw them. Using the third person view is a great advantage in the game, it allows you to see more then first person, which is how I end up chainsawing them the half or whole team. I haven't actually got to curb stomp yet, but I will soon after I find some more noobs. >: D

Oh yeah I downloaded Saints Row and Dead Rising and I like both of them... I don't know which one to get first... I thought Saints Row was a crappy GTA rip off at first but damn, the demo gets you addicted. I don't know which to buy but I'm learning more towards to Saints Row.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm currently downloading Saints Row demo.
Already tried out Dead Rising and it is pretty damn fun =o I want more heh

Hey Lith, I have a Live account but I couldnt play online in GoW...
It said something about my Live account not being able to play games online =S
Still kind of new to all of this 360 business ;3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You gotta register for Live Gold. You get it one month free (after registration it gives you Gold for one month) then you have to pay $5 a month or buy one of those Live Gold cards for $50 for 12 months.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or you can just make a new account every month and play for free.

but i give them their 8 dollars.

Yeah the games fun and all, but they've sort of neudered it with some patches, alot less people play than when the game was initially released.

and if you get chainsawed its your own fault.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the games fun and all, but they've sort of neudered it with some patches, alot less people play than when the game was initially released.
Aren't patches supposed to make it better?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the paxes fixed glitches which is good, and stabalized the game, but they also took out features that the players like

and alot less people play then when the game was first released. when the game first came out there were pages full of games at all hours of the day, I never see 1 full page of rooms any more, and with the new maps more people are excluded

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom