20,226 Members!?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't looked at how many members this forum has in quite a while. But damn, it looks like we have more members than any other Half-Life mod... ever... with the possible exception of CS... but it's members are mostly 12 year olds... but then again, so are ours...

I guess this is a celebration thread, for ESF's great success.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well probably most of these members are from the Beta 1 release :p

There was a big new members boom back then, sadly most of them left after 1 or 2 posts, some of them with 0.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well probably most of these members are from the Beta 1 release :p

There was a big new members boom back then, sadly most of them left after 1 or 2 posts, some of them with 0.
Yeah, I usually ghost boards when I'm trying to solve a problem with a game. That's most likely what all of those people were doing. Either that, or they were looking for news of the next release, which I do quite often as well. :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though 20,000 people registered, only a small percentage of that is actually active, if you browse the 'members' page, you will notice a lot of people have 0 posts, and haven't posted since 2003. (Or have never posted at all). They should clean the forums, deleting anyone who hasn't posted in the last 1,5/2 years or something.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though 20,000 people registered, only a small percentage of that is actually active, if you browse the 'members' page, you will notice a lot of people have 0 posts, and haven't posted since 2003. (Or have never posted at all). They should clean the forums, deleting anyone who hasn't posted in the last 1,5/2 years or something.
No, because right now we're all expecting alot of people to return for the open beta.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About 30 or 50 of those people are me.

But 20g's is a lot :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About 30 or 50 of those people are me.

But 20g's is a lot :eek:
LOL, Pain's gonna smother you with his ass when he reads that. By the way, wtf is Pain anyway? I haven't seen him at all since I came back...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain retired according to the "Forum Leaders" thing.

I'm not expecting too many people to return for the unfinished version of 1.3, or if they do, I highly doubt they're going to stick around. Wait and see, I guess.

Retired
Best answers
or accounts we made via mass script to gain popularity ..... *Looks around*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain retired according to the "Forum Leaders" thing.
Pain retired? Damn man. He was the only one on this forum that could actually scare the sh*t out of me every time he posted in my thread. :laff:

ON TOPIC: Here's a question: How come there are 20k people on the forum, but only 400 actually play ESF? At least that's what someone posted here.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain retired? Damn man. He was the only one on this forum that could actually scare the sh*t out of me every time he posted in my thread. :laff:

ON TOPIC: Here's a question: How come there are 20k people on the forum, but only 400 actually play ESF? At least that's what someone posted here.
Because ESF sucks, for the most part... It's a great project, don't get me wrong, it's just not what it could be. Most of us only hang around now for the community. The ESF Forums have become more than just a mod discussion board. It's now a place for an entire community to share thoughts and opinions on, well, just about anything really... Wait a second, it's been that way since the mod began, hasn't it?

Oh, and I'm glad Pain's gone. I hated that guy soooo much. Just like I kinda used to hate Fire Pheonix, until he changed his name to Chris' while I was away, and I didn't know it. Strangely, I actually think he's cool now. Can't explain that. x_x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom