2 stupid questions :s

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
well im new to mapping anyway but i readed the tutorial of the sky by optional .
but i know only how to make the bleu sky and how do u make a map with a real sky pls tel me bcause i try with map properties cl_skyname and i tried skyname only and there was only the bleu sky and i tried it again without the bleu texture but map properties and i got a red sky (and that isnt the sky i wanted) .
so pls help me out and as second how do u make wad files ??

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. - Questions are never stupid, unless you're ignorant.
2. - The solution. Create a hollow box six brushes, or you could also create a cube, and hollow it. Next, make sure it has a texture aplied on it called sky. Compile it and voila.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
thx cold steel or coctre but i mean like ure babidi ship that air and all i cant add it i readed the big map thing on the forum and i did exactly and it worked but how do u add the sky exactly can u explain detailed pls srry for bad english cause im not englisch at ll ;/

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok. Create a box or a cube. Then hollow ut with the hollow tool. Use 32 or 16 as the hollow size.

You can also create a hollow box or a cube with 6 brushes. Just look at a box, it has six sides. You create a skybox the exact same way. one under, one up, one in the back, one in the front, one at the left, and one at the right.

Next, select your box, and keep it selected. Go to your texture tool. Look for a texture called sky, and apply it on your box or cube.

If you want a different sky from the default hl one.

2namek
c2nite
darkhollow256_
dashnight256
drkg
forest
grnplsnnt
null_hill256_
stars
stratosphere256_

These are the exact names of all the sky's in esf. If you want to apply these on your on map. Simply, go to map/map properties/environment map(cl_skyname) in your hammer tabs. Then fill in one of the names i just typed above.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah make sure the cl_skyname is completley accurate, that includes the underscores, it drove me up the wall until I figured that one out and got away from the horrid default 'sky'.

Also I find it easier to make the hollow cube with the sky texture selected, rather than making the box and then applying the texture, if you miss one of the faces when applying it comes out strange.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you miss a face, it will give you a compile error or an ingame crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom