Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
By oblivious, I mean that you havent walked in the other persons shoes or worn their glasses. Like you said, youre so comfortable that you only feel obliged to acknowledge there is a problem rather than truly appreciate the problem.

The problem isnt ever the government as such, its just human nature and the memepool, the cultivation of ideas and beliefs, and how that influences people watching from the outside. People will always find themselves an antagonist.

Best answers
Sorry to say it like this but.

Thousands of people die every week. Going this far for a select group due to some circumstances is egoistical and hypocritical.

Especially in times when the poor starve to deatch and the rich are dying from stuffing their stomachs to full.

Yes it was a tragedy. But so was lots of other things. No idea what makes this so special. Aside from the fact that the people were from the US.
You have my vote.

There is soo much more going behind the scenes..

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Those people didn't "just" die as if they were in some natural disaster, they were pretty much mass murdered, in my eyes there's a big difference.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You say that like mass murder isnt mankinds most well practiced talent.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea mankind is superb with stuff like genocide. Hell we are so good at it that we dont even need to learn it. We are just capable of doing it.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont get me wrong it certainly was a tragedy, but the more everyone bangs on about how horrible and how terrible it was, and how it changed the country is exactly the reason the why the terrorists did it in the first place. In their eyes they think they won.

Best answers
Dont get me wrong it certainly was a tragedy, but the more everyone bangs on about how horrible and how terrible it was, and how it changed the country is exactly the reason the why the terrorists did it in the first place. In their eyes they think they won.
They Won

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not talking about it being a successful attack, one attack does not win the war, but the kind of mindset and effect that they wanted to instill in the nation.

The media ate it up, cuz it sells. But all it did was keep this tragedy in the forefront of the public eye for far too long.

Best answers
I'd hope that no one or no group of people was arrogant enough to think they'd already know the outcome of something among billions of people. It was probably someone trying to prove a point that they had power and were willing to exercise it against us, like North Korea and others do with nuclear weapons. They're small countries paranoid among a world of giants.

The problem is that innocent people died. People we don't know, but had lives, personalities, and interests like you and me. And had we all met, maybe we would've loved them or been good friends. But regardless of how we knew them, people already knew them, loved them, and depended on them daily.

It's just a tragedy because they were overlooked in how valuable they were and considered disposable. They were judged unfairly by someone and killed in the worst way for it. What an undeserving way to die, having no control over one's fate like that.

It's the exact mindset that their lives don't matter that makes it matter that much more. The people who killed them certainly didn't care, but we can relate to them the most, and many do care.

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
yes 9/11 was a sad day for the world but then idoits do some stupid thing like say to bad it makes me sick to the stomach not only was it (us citizans killed that day but people from other countrys as well the uk china india alot of people lost loved ones.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd hope that no one or no group of people was arrogant enough to think they'd already know the outcome of something among billions of people. It was probably someone trying to prove a point that they had power and were willing to exercise it against us, like North Korea and others do with nuclear weapons. They're small countries paranoid among a world of giants.

The problem is that innocent people died. People we don't know, but had lives, personalities, and interests like you and me. And had we all met, maybe we would've loved them or been good friends. But regardless of how we knew them, people already knew them, loved them, and depended on them daily.

It's just a tragedy because they were overlooked in how valuable they were and considered disposable. They were judged unfairly by someone and killed in the worst way for it. What an undeserving way to die, having no control over one's fate like that.

It's the exact mindset that their lives don't matter that makes it matter that much more. The people who killed them certainly didn't care, but we can relate to them the most, and many do care.
You argue with a false point. Even the US troops that were sent to fight the terrorists have killed inocents. Did those people not have friends, families? Sorry but your post sounds quite nazi to me.

Best answers
At least we didn't go there with the intention of killing innocent people. I guess that's why our government felt it necessary to distinguish between Terrorism and traditional Warfare.

And either way I'm not concerned so much with who was wrong and who was right. I think any innocent death is bad. But this was a large scale attack aimed directly at killing free and innocent men and women who, all together, never had the intention of hurting or killing other people.

It's the equivalent to bombing Hiroshima, except there was no World War 2 and no warning. Less people died and less damage was done, but it was completely unprovoked and unpredictable.

EDIT
The circumstances place uncertainty as well on citizens being dangerous. In their country, they could potentially shoot and kill us.

Within our own country, with none of their men and women in danger, against people who posed no threat, they killed us unmercifully. There is no argument in self-defense to even the smallest degree. It was completely uncalled for and impossible to justify.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It kills me when people say "people die. lives lives on. deal with it"

So edgy. So nihilistic. So tough. These people see the real world, yessir.

Not coming out at anyone on this forum, but I see a lot of that mindset on the internets. Same goes for the oh-so-hilarious "lol, 9/11" dispositions. Benny hill+9/11 footage= SUPER MEGA LULZ hur hur hur.

It really is a shame that many more atrocities happen in the world that result in much more death and sadness than 9/11 did. But this happened in *America*. Context people. It had been years since the US was 'attacked' like that, and being the superpower that it is, the whole world must know how bad it hurt.

And don't get me started on Iraq, that 'cluster-****' as Jon Stewart eloquently put. We really should be shamed at how that was carried out. But please, it's not all "AMERICAN SOLDIERS RAPE AND KILL INNOCENTS". A lot of good men and women sacrificed precious times and lives to go after the people who harmed them. I know America sugar coats what goes on in their, but plenty of out other countries spout their opposing propaganda as well. At least Americans have the ability to challenge what their government says.

Yeah it's unfair that 3,000 deaths on American soil get more attention than the millions of deaths in Darfur, or the forced child labor camps, or whatever other tragedies are taking place. But look at it this way. If a country in Africa erupted in civil war, I bet most of us would say "Oh, those Africans are revolting again". If America, Britain, or any other large power on Earth had a coupe or civil war in these times, it would dwarf the same problem that occurred in Africa.

And the towers fell because freaking planes smashed in to them. No secret missiles or what have you. Though I am curious to how much the government knew about it before hand. RIP victims and let's hope America has learned both from 9/11 and the awful Iraq War that is still going on (but receding).

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The loss of life was devastating. I value life pretty highly so deaths like this really make me think. It's disheartening that stuff like this happens along side starvation and disease in less fortunate places, war and the like.

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
all i can say is that i hope that one day the world will become one nation one state

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
all i can say is that i hope that one day the world will become one nation one state
And then a lone man will take charge and be beloved by the world, and thousands of Jews and Christians will suddenly vanish without a trace. And those who do not accept his mark will be executed O_O

On-topic though, I really can't sympathize with anyone who belittles the events of 9/11. I don't think African problems and other tragedies are lesser because of it. It's a major tragedy for us because it happened here, to us. I know, it's sad that we (people in general) tend to brush off the things that don't affect or or our country, but we certainly don't when it DOES. I can't imagine living in a war-torn, impoverished land. I can imagine that when tragedy is a fact of everyday life that the worldwide mourning of a supernation losing a "mere" 3,000 seems unfair and trivial compared to the suffering where you are. But I don't think it's good to resent people for what they do or don't have compared to you. Most people never chose the matter, we all draw a card, some people get the Ace, some people get the Joker. Is it fair? No sir, I don't think so. But I don't think it's anyone's fault either.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And then a lone man will take charge and be beloved by the world, and thousands of Jews and Christians will suddenly vanish without a trace. And those who do not accept his mark will be executed O_O

On-topic though, I really can't sympathize with anyone who belittles the events of 9/11. I don't think African problems and other tragedies are lesser because of it. It's a major tragedy for us because it happened here, to us. I know, it's sad that we (people in general) tend to brush off the things that don't affect or or our country, but we certainly don't when it DOES. I can't imagine living in a war-torn, impoverished land. I can imagine that when tragedy is a fact of everyday life that the worldwide mourning of a supernation losing a "mere" 3,000 seems unfair and trivial compared to the suffering where you are. But I don't think it's good to resent people for what they do or don't have compared to you. Most people never chose the matter, we all draw a card, some people get the Ace, some people get the Joker. Is it fair? No sir, I don't think so. But I don't think it's anyone's fault either.
Yet the people who draw better cards do very little to help the situation. Humans tend to call themselves a higher species from animal due to our intelect and other stuff. Yet we seem the most bloodthursty species on this planet. We only glorify ourselves trying to hide the fact that we dont really give a damn about anything that doesnt involve us directly.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yet the people who draw better cards do very little to help the situation. Humans tend to call themselves a higher species from animal due to our intelect and other stuff. Yet we seem the most bloodthursty species on this planet. We only glorify ourselves trying to hide the fact that we dont really give a damn about anything that doesnt involve us directly.
Egh, I hate this common, pessimistic view of the human race.

The development of the means to interact with and travel to places and people FAR removed from our own lives is a relatively recent, rather unnatural phenomenon.

Humans aren't wired to go out of their way like that, they're wired to take care of their and their own, just like every other creature on the planet.

Compassion for others, the concept of selflessness is an entirely human-made concept. In itself it's a miracle that human beings work to help each other at all. This is why those who make sacrifices for and in the name of others are so celebrated.

I suppose it's a great thing that we're our own worse critics as a species, and want to hold ourselves to a higher standard, but I hate this concept that we fail to live up to those ideal standards of companionship because we're human. My feeling is that humanity is irrelevant in the matter. What we call "human", is what ought to be called the result of a certain measure of intelligence crossed with free will. In other words, I believe another world with creatures as smart as us who are also self-aware would look roughly the same as we do at our point of development.

Terrible things happen in our world. People do awful things to each other in one way or another. And so some people believe that people are evil. But this is not so at all. People, are in fact, just people. Circumstance and fortune rule what we do in our lives. But what is not understood, and so underrated is that by all means our world SHOULD be a cesspool of selfishness, a dog-eat-dog pit that everyone is trying to climb higher out of.

That's the real miracle, is that in the end, whether we do it or not, we WANT to be at peace with our fellow man, we WANT to coexist with humans and with nature. This concept is the ideal world of most of our species, and it is for this reason that I firmly believe our world is as good as we could hope for in our time on it. We may get even better, and it is because of that desire to hold ourselves to this higher standard that we will. We may never achieve it, but do not overlook that the desire many humans have to contribute to something greater than themselves, for the betterment of those outside themselves, is a true miracle.

We are not perfect, and we never will be. But we want to be, and that is what is important.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why pessimistic. Im a realist. I call it as i see it. You are totally right its a dog eat dog world out there. Yet i firmly believe that if we actually wanted a change we could bring forth one.

For godness sake. We can send people to space, we have the awareness and knowledge to make a change. Yet we sit on our asses and do nothing. Simply because we dont need to do it yet. But our time is running out and its happening because of our own actions or rather because of the actions that we dont take to bring forth a change.

Same thing about this topic which was my point all along.

"Who cares about people dieing on the other side of the world. **** them. Im not invloved"

And that sums up what the majority of humanity believes.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
"Who cares about people dieing on the other side of the world. **** them. Im not invloved"

And that sums up what the majority of humanity believes.
'Tis a shame really.

I want more time and money spent on America's crumbling inner cities (Philadelphia is getting ridiculous now). And yet, there are plenty of other areas of the world that required need too. I would love the idea of everyone helping out each other in the world, but do we have the resources to do it? Surely something must give for everyone else to live comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom