1.1 and 1.2.3 coexist?

Best answers
This is a question that should be under help and support but since I can't post there.......

Can i have 1.1 and 1.2.3 installed on my comp without them interfering with eachother? I installed 1.1 and am trying to figure out how to install 1.2.3 to go into a file OTHER than username\half-life\esf (which is where 1.1 is installed) but I can't seem to do that because it defaults to esf and won't OK when i create another esf folder in my half-life folder. Should i uninstalled 1.1, put 1.2.3 into my username\half-life\esf instead and place 1.1 into another folder? If i do this will the same problem happen?

<3nubcakes.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've verified you and moved the thread to help & support.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Try that one, maybe it works: Install 1.1 normally, then rename the esf-folder to "esfalpha" (or something different) and now install esf 1.2.3. This way it should work, but as usual, no responsibility is taken for the correctness of the details provided.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Install 1 version and rename it so that you know what it is.

Example if you install ESF 1.1 first, you rename the server to esf 1.1

Then you install 1.2.3

Now STEAM will show both games so its a good idea to change your liblist.game file and edit the "game" variable so your STEAM will have a different name for its game list depending on which of the 2 it is.

Now if you want to play with bots on the other hand its a bit more annoying. The bots will allways look for the DLL file in "esf" so if you want to play 1.1 with bots you need to rename the directories to esf 1.2.3 and the esf 1.1 directory to just esf.

If you do this you can play ESF 1.1 with bots, but you will not be able to play 1.2.3 since you wont find any servers for it.

So when you want to play 1.2.3 you need to revert the directory name changes.

Best answers
WoW, this is a lot more complicated that I thought it was gonna be. Dropping knowledge all pro-like, very nice. I might just stay with 1.2.3, I wanted to try the reversepack after I seen some footage of 1.1 <.< The help is much appreciated.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It just comes down to renaming the directorys to and from "esf"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can renamed the ESF folders to whatever you want. I have multiple ESFs. One for ESF normal, one for ESF ECX, One for ESF EVM, One for ESF EvoSSJ4/TeamRaD, and Two for ESF WoD.

All you have to do is rename the folder halflife/ESF to Halflife/esf1 or Halflife/esf2

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What's ESF WoD? o_O

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
ESF WoD is ESF and ECX RC2 together but then changed the whole looks, sounds and some other stuff.
WoD (World of Destiny) at this moment only 3 characters availeble and from time to time a release will take place in a form of a collectors item.

Is WoD diffrend then esf and ecx together?? Yeah its even more then only a character update or addons.
WoD comes also with some plugins from other designers and own creations as well.

PLR System is 1 of the most unique plugin in WoD.
Whats that??

Take a look (look at the powerlevel bar):
[video=youtube;byyDwtfb4Fk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byyDwtfb4Fk[/video]

Well I hope this covers your question about what ESF WoD is.
Small change in correction: its ecx: wod (not esf wod :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom