Port forwarding guide for ESF?

is there a port forwarding guide made specifically for esf with the exact ports you have to forward and how to get to the router page and such? www.zbattle.net and www.xbconnect.com have them, dont see any reason for you guys not to.

What im tryen to do is to make a server, obviously. I can connect to other games just fine.

ESF is just a modification, so most likely it uses the standard Half-Life ports.

1 Like

All HL based modifications use the same ports.
So basically, ANY Halflife of Counterstrike port forwarding tutorial will do the job just fine :slight_smile:

If I remember correctly there is even a port forwarding guide on the steampowered.com FAQ database.

1 Like

Just forward the port that you set HLDS to listen on.

If you don’t specify a port, it will use 27015.

HLDS only uses UDP (“connectionless”) sockets, so you only need to forward the UDP protocol on your router.

For a default setup, simply forward port 27015 on UDP only to your server’s router-assigned IP address.

It’s really not complicated at all. :slight_smile:

This might be some help:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

the links don’t work Or even with I type them [ATTACH type=“full”]2674[/ATTACH]in[ATTACH type=“full”]2675[/ATTACH] .

@Daz_Falco You replied to a thread with the latest post being from 2006. Safe to say in those many years, the sites were shut down.

For port information, you can use sites like : https://portforward.com/half-life/ - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6470-EIFV-5481

1 Like

default TCP/UDP port 27015. Just go to your own router settings, and make sure you dont have double NAT issues. When in doubt, google is your friend. At least, a better friend than the ghosts of 2006!

hleV is probably the best brains trust when it comes to these things.

1 Like

True , and I can gather that , But I knew / counted on a member from the forum , will update me , and that tthe forum still works . So why not reply and also allow other am to see that the forum is getting used again . By seeming the date of my comment :slight_smile: ..

and thought to my self I can still reply to such a old post . 100 percent . Because I can get a reply from someone else , who will see my comment and guide me to new sites or and Give me the answer to my question.
… :victory_hand:Like u just did :victory_hand:. Thanks mate :ok_hand:t2:Cheers :clinking_glasses:

You still shouldn’t be replying to old threads. Make a new one if you must