ESF Admin Menu

Hi.

Im was thinking couldnt ESF have some sort of Adminstration Menu ?
Where you can open ingame and manage stuff there like Kicking people or getting playerinfos and add Bots etc… Just stuff that makes server managing alot easier and enjoyable to look at.

Could be quite handy when some people dont like AMXX or Admin mod to handle their server.You can also execute some AdminPower on players to push them in the Right way of playing again.
Or onthefly Server Rules can be setted up while playing or stuff like that.
An niffty tool-
I made an PS edit to show you a little what i meant.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/951/up6zj.jpg

I hope you get what i mean with this, im not good in explaining.
Maybe someone else who knows what im talking could come in and explain it ^^

Ignore the Font where i used and that i havent edited the whole Picture.^^

Sounds like an idea. Make it easier for admins to keep track on people etc.

Thx.
Yeh, cause atm i think its only via Console and commands possible to kick someone or to have good server managment over Amxx/Adminmod(never had Adminmod so i dont know).

That’s actually one of the better ideas I’ve heard in quite some time.

Thanks =O

When i have more ideas like what more Command or such il edit them in and maybe make an PS edit again ^^

Cause i would really like an ESF Admin Menu

[size=1]This idea makes so much sense to me, that I wonder why it’s not been suggested before.[/size]

[QUOTE=SSJGoku83]
Thx.
Yeh, cause atm i think its only via Console and commands possible to kick someone or to have good server managment over Amxx/Adminmod(never had Adminmod so i dont know).
[/quote]

Bot have menus.
AMX(x):
amx_menu
amxmodmenu
(either of those commands should work)
As for admin, its been since 2003 since I used adminmod… so I dont remember, but it has a menu.

But as for the “esf menu” I dont know… I mean like you would have to have your rcon_password just right for non dedicated servers… oh well its an ok idea… I will still not care and use the amxx menu system.

With the amx menu system, it is still to the side, I can see the whole screen, and my movement keys arent locked away. With that menu system it is not only taking up my full screen, but it is grabbing my mouse and my keys waiting for me to click something.

The admin Menu is a great idea..

i also think this idea should fit somewhere in that menu

Why not give the admin the ability to suspend a specific players weapon..

*example: Noobs tend to spam even after an admin tells them to stop.. Forcing and admin to kick the noob out of the server .. or possibly banning the nub…

instead of kicking him the admin could suspend the attack that he’s abusing for specific time…

Weapon or attack suspensions would have to affect the entire server and not just a single player, otherwise I smell admin abuse.

I just made these writings there as an example of what could stand there. I could also have written there Enable/Disable Transformation or stuff like that.

Everything has its ups and downs i just made the suggestion of what im missing, but i dont have an clue of tweaking it.
YOu dont need rcon to add Bots, so i thought instead of having the Bot Menu just have This type of menu with alot more options and all.

One of the more useful ideas Ive seen here in a while.

hmmm interesting, wud be cool to have an award system at the end of a game too =P something i quite like about dystopia. I dunno tis an interesting idea.

Jesus, you even have Cuc liking this idea. Good job SJG. I really like this idea too.

[QUOTE=Pain]
Weapon or attack suspensions would have to affect the entire server and not just a single player, otherwise I smell admin abuse.
[/quote]

Well in that case i still think its a great idea cuz people would choose better admins..

You missed my point.

When ESFn00b gets mad that SuperGoku49SSJleetskillzx32 is kicking his ass on his own server, he is likely to lash out and abuse his admin powers should they be easily accessible.

In this case, if admins would have the power to restrict weapons for individual players instead of the whole server, it has potential to become quite abusive.

Which is why, as I said, it would have to be an entire server thing instead of a single player thing.

Pain summed it up. There is already enough of those players under the mindset that “OMG IT IZ MY SERVER I SHOULD ABE WINNING” because a 0 ping advantage isn’t enough.

Example? One player had a PL of 50 mil, and was a SSJ goku. I was an untransed Gohan. After kicking him around for a bit and taking him down a few times, he proceeded to reset my PL, set his at 100 mil. I still win, so he resets my PL again, and turns it to beams only. I hide in my own ki blob, and he kills us both. I am banned from the server.

Many players don’t understand the concept of fair play. Giving them such easy access to something very abusable is a serious no-no. However, I also like this idea very much should Pain’s precautions be set in place.

Thats unbelievably awesome.

I won’t blame them if they add this into ESF.

i think the admin menu is a great idea cuz some people dont like amxx or adminmod
and it will help the admins who doesnt use amxx or adminmod

liad your signature picture is awsome

The Clientcommands such as “Attack remove/add” i only wrote there as Placefillers. Its just to show what could stand there on that Field.