Every time I close a window, the windows explorer error comes up and restarts explorer.exe.
I had recently fell victim to a “3wMedia player” or something like that, which was linked from a false movie torrent.
ISOHunt for the loss, #1 seeded can no longer be trusted.
****ing Beowulf.
I’ve tried my usual attempts that almost always work but.. I can’t seem to fix this on my own.
Chain DrWatson debuggers have stopped at least, for now anyways.
Hahahaha… Okay, I had to take a moment to laugh at you. Some advice: whenever you see something like that, Google the program it’s advising you to use. 99.9% of the time, it’s a trick.
That said, I haven’t personally encountered this problem, so I can’t tell you how to fix it. Google turns up nothing as well, except for other people complaining about it. Haha, sucks to be using BT these days it seems.
Anyway, good look with your problem. If all else fails, you can backup your important stuff and just reinstall Windows.
[QUOTE=Spunky]
Hahahaha… Okay, I had to take a moment to laugh at you. Some advice: whenever you see something like that, Google the program it’s advising you to use. 99.9% of the time, it’s a trick.
That said, I haven’t personally encountered this problem, so I can’t tell you how to fix it. Google turns up nothing as well, except for other people complaining about it. Haha, sucks to be using BT these days it seems.
Anyway, good look with your problem. If all else fails, you can backup your important stuff and just reinstall Windows.
[/QUOTE]
If you’re not going to help, then don’t bother replying.
[QUOTE=Fatal_CobraX]
Every time I close a window, the windows explorer error comes up and restarts explorer.exe.
I had recently fell victim to a “3wMedia player” or something like that, which was linked from a false movie torrent.
ISOHunt for the loss, #1 seeded can no longer be trusted.
****ing Beowulf.
I’ve tried my usual attempts that almost always work but.. I can’t seem to fix this on my own.
Chain DrWatson debuggers have stopped at least, for now anyways.
[/QUOTE]
Have you tried scanning your computer with an anti-virus program? To my knowledge, “3w Media player” is a trojan, so an anti-virus program should be able to detect it.
I’ve only used Ad-Aware & Hijackthis, but I don’t generally have any anti-virus programs.
Also, the file downloaded was the most seeded and I automatically assumed it as a safe file.
[QUOTE=Fatal_CobraX]
I’ve only used Ad-Aware & Hijackthis, but I don’t generally have any anti-virus programs.
Also, the file downloaded was the most seeded and I automatically assumed it as a safe file.
[/QUOTE]
That’s understandable, especially when no one leaves comments to warn others if it isn’t a safe file. Either way, you should definitely try an anti-virus program. From what I can find, AVG should be enough. It’s the only other solution I can find that doesn’t require you to reformat.
IMO AVG is crap. I had seven trojans on my computer and AVG found nothing - avast! however did.
It could be one of them fancy .avi errors explorer love to throw in your face. Maybe there’s some kind of nasty script automatically trying to open a non-working avi file?
Oh that reminds me, I’m also forced to use Divx video player, Windows Media Player freezes for a few minutes before it works properly again.
Video plays but cannot change the volume, skip through a video or resize ect.
Forced to wait for it to stop being frozen or end the process.
Any place I can get those anti-virus or must I buy them?
Err, don’t know if I’m allowed to link, but http://www.avast.com is where you can get a great anti-virus program free of charge (legally). You have to sign up for your key, but that’s pretty much it.
I tried AVG (the other decent alternative) and it seemed really annoying to me. Granted, avast! can be a ***** when it decides to update in the middle of your gaming session, but you can change this (I keep it on because otherwise I might forget to update). AVG just … bugs the heck out of me with everything. Doesn’t seem to work very well either (I tried AVG before I found out about avast!).
I’d try to reinstall all media players. But it looks like the problem is deeper.
If nothing helps, make backups of important data and reinstall windows.
Oh and a tip for your torrenting journeys, download the txt file first and see if it wants you to download suspicious software.