Levitation~

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Who here thinks levitation is possible... I do~~

want interests me is this guy..

St. Joseph

according to this http://www.amazingabilities.com/amaze8a.html

he could communicate with animals, and levitate and such...

but what really interests me is that "fasted for 40 days"..

How long is it...are we told that we cant last without food?

Makes me wonder.. does "ingredients" in our food supress out capabilities?

This makes me think about experimenting with fasting myself...

ide have no prob doin it since i drink lots of water anyway.... and possibily would give my body time to clean itself up

What do you think

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Who here thinks levitation is possible... I do~~

want interests me is this guy..

St. Joseph

according to this http://www.amazingabilities.com/amaze8a.html

he could communicate with animals, and levitate and such...

Makes me wonder.. does "ingredients" in our food supress out capabilities?

ide have no prob doin it since i drink lots of water anyway.... and possibily would give my body time to clean itself up

What do you think
I think you should try fasting for 40 years. Let me know how that works out for you.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://health.howstuffworks.com/live-without-food-and-water.htm/printable

[FONT=arial,helvetica]<center>[SIZE=+1]Irish Hunger Strike of 1981
[/SIZE]</center>[/FONT]In 1981, members of the Irish Republican Army (IRA) imprisoned in England went on a hunger strike to protest their incarceration. Former IRA commanding officer Bobby Sands was actually elected into the British House of Commons while striking, helping to raise awareness for their cause.

*British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher refused to bend, however. The prisoners drank small amounts of water, but refused food altogether. Sands died from starvation in a prison hospital on the 66th day of the strike.

Thatcher remained steadfast and called Sands a criminal and his death a suicide. Nine more prisoners died from starvation after Sands. Thomas McElwee lasted the longest, at 73 total days -- a full week longer than the next closest prisoner [source: irishhungerstrike.com].
Whatever.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Interesting, then experiementing with a week shouldn't be a prob =O~

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Interesting, then experiementing with a week shouldn't be a prob =O~
You're right it shouldn't be. Which is why you should go longer. I propose a challenge. If you can beat the guy who went 73 days without food. I'll start believing everything you say.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not going to stop you, because I still don't believe you actually exist, but for the sake of pretending the matrix is real, I suggest you speak to a doctor first.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You're right it shouldn't be. Which is why you should go longer. I propose a challenge. If you can beat the guy who went 73 days without food. I'll start believing everything you say.
As if that would matter...

@ Nix- I dont think that'll be needed... I'll work up to a week.. ill start with 2 days.. then eat on the 3rd then a week later ill do 3 days.. etc.. ill build up to it..

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I heard a guy fell off a five hundred foot building and lived. Maybe try that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm still waiting for the results of their scientific investigation.
I will admit, lowering your calorie intake, and reducing how much you eat a day, will in fact, force your body into a "starvation" state. And thus you age much slower than if you had a high calorie diet.

Discovery channel ftw :D

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will admit, lowering your calorie intake, and reducing how much you eat a day, will in fact, force your body into a "starvation" state. And thus you age much slower than if you had a high calorie diet.

Discovery channel ftw :D
That doesn't have anything to do with the article. The kid supposedly stopped eating and drinking water altogether for 6 months at the time of the article.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
That doesn't have anything to do with the article. The kid supposedly stopped eating and drinking water altogether for 6 months at the time of the article.
Yeah I know, I was just posting it for Jinx's sake.

I doubt a kid could live 6 months without any sort of energy consumption.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fasting isn't always abstaining from food and in most cases it's the limited intake of food.

It varies from person to person, but on average a person cannot last longer than a few weeks without food.

No, it would give your body time to eat itself.

I assure you and everyone else, there are absolutely no benefits to fasting.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it can work, just a few tips.
don't waste energy!
which means no moving, no talking, no looking and possibly no breathing

stay in a warm environment so you can be naked. make sure it's not to cold so you don't start to shiver and not to warm so that you don't start sweating.

also enjoy your reduced brain capacity.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I don't fast, but:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1834

Granted, this dude isn't an authority on the subject, so follow his sources and take from it what you will.
Thx nix thatz a pretty interestin link

edit.. its strange how much biased humor is on this thread~~ eh?

anywho I dont think fasting is as bad as most people think it is.. im guessing fasting for a week will strengthen one's ability to focus after its all said and done~~

Think of it as setting a goal.. to get to it u have to focus.. no matta how hungry(constant feeling) u get~~ thank God4 water =O

and i actually think it might just have mo benefits in moderation o_O.. considering its the act of putting yourself in a natural process of the body that you(people in america or other places may) "rarely" experience.. and is probably something people "should" experience more often~

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thx nix thatz a pretty interestin link

edit.. its strange how much biased humor is on this thread~~ eh?

anywho I dont think fasting is as bad as most people think it is.. im guessing fasting for a week will strengthen one's ability to focus after its all said and done~~

Think of it as setting a goal.. to get to it u have to focus.. no matta how hungry(constant feeling) u get~~ thank God4 water =O

and i actually think it might just have mo benefits in moderation o_O.. considering its the act of putting yourself in a natural process of the body that you "rarely" experience.. and is probably something people "should" experience more often~

Biased? If you don't get the proper nutrients your body needs you die. How is that biased?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom