Will ESF work with CS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I'm thinking of buying CS off Steam(DOES NOT HAVE HALF-LIFE INCLUDED!), so will that be suffient for ALL half-life mods?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you used to be able to play ESF with CS, but that was before Steam. I don't think you still can.

Best answers
It works if you buy CS without CZ. Avoid CZ if you want to play ESF with CS

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The package includes:

Counter-strike

Condition Zero

$9.95.00

Will this work with all hl mods?
In a word, no. You need Half-life to run any HL mods, including ESF. CS will not cut it.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In a word, no. You need Half-life to run any HL mods, including ESF. CS will not cut it.
esf works on half life but also on counter strike 1.5 or 1.6(these mods have the engine included,i use it too,it works fine.):]
but remember...only cs 1.5 and 1.6 no source or condition zero.

Best answers
It doesn't work with 1.5 it works fine for me with 1.6 , just as long the pack you buy does not include condition zero.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The package includes:

Counter-strike

Condition Zero

$9.95.00

Will this work with all hl mods?
If it costs that much then just buy HL instead, costs the same. However, if you really want to buy CS, I think it will not work, since it contains CZ. It should work with CS 1.6, but as said in Pain's How To Install ESF sticky:

<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> ESF will NOT work with any game other than Half-Life 1

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Just buy the complete set, so you have Half-Life, Counter-Strike, etc! if you really want to have Counter-Strike as well.

Mog

Best answers
Does the Open Beta work on CS 1.6?

I'd like to know this for the next time I can't connect to Steam for an entire week or a Steam update messes everything up again.
I still have a few ancient HL and CS game cds lying around...
dan_esf_fanatic said:
Pain said:
ESF will NOT work with any game other than Half-Life 1
...and also with Counter-Strike too. (the stand-alone retail game... not the HL mod, not CS:CZ, not CS-S; but the really really old CS which wasn't for Half-Life)
It does NOT work with any engine other than the Half-Life engine (which is not just only available in Half-Life 1) :]

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Wtf? I thought if you registered a CD Key with a CS Key it would enable the base HL package, because I have 3 Keys (HL-CS-Blue Shift) and they all enabled let me download HL because I had the base key. Maybe you people should try clicking HL if it lets you. But iono, it was quite a long time ago, but I still have 3 keys that have halflife on everyone of them with different mods of halflife. Iono, someone please check this, because its been annoying me when people say you cant play esf on cs because if u register steam with a cs key, it lets you download halflife on that client (or it did when i registered mine and they still work) and then you can install esf into the halflife.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers

Mog

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
not anymore. When you buy Counter-Strike now, you only get Counter-Strike and Condition Zero.
That's if you were to now buy CS on Steam though?

But how about when you register your already purchased stand-alone CS game CD key in Steam.
swobj seemed to be saying something about Steam giving you base HL for you to download with it.

I think I will find out the answer to my question quicker if I just go install it myself and try it... :tired:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers

But how about when you register your already purchased stand-alone CS game CD key in Steam.
swobj seemed to be saying something about Steam giving you base HL for you to download with it.

I think I will find out the answer to my question quicker if I just go install it myself and try it... :tired:
Yes, that's when you buy it through Steam. But so many things has changed within Steam, that I don't know anymore.. Just buy both Half-Life and Counter-Strike, and you're done. My Blue-Shift key got me Counter-Strike as well, but that was years ago. So, I believe they changed it already so you only get blue-shift and Half-Life.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Alright, thanks skyrider for clearing that up. Maybe we're just lucky we registered a while back =)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

i don't know about other but half life 1 and counter strike 1.6 work for sure;i tested both and it worked fine for me! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom