Dedicated Server?

Best answers
How does one make a dedicated server for the 1.3 beta, since the ESF dedicated server only seems to install on version 1.2.x?

Best answers
hey

hey, currently the only 1.3 build released is listen, dedicated server version is not public yet :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
hey, currently the only 1.3 build released is listen, dedicated server version is not public yet :)
Then how come I could host the Open Beta just fine on my gaming servers? (And to let you know, I have no freaking idea the difference between listen & dedicated servers, I guess I forgot already)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The open beta releases work as dedicated and listen servers. We also compile the linux version and include it in every release too.
Skyrider: A listen server is where the client is also the server (when you host the server and play). Dedicated is when the hosting process is just hosting the game.

Best answers
Alright, but how can I host a dedicated server, because the server pack fails to install over 1.3?

Best answers
I got it working with HLDS. I tried using it with amx mod, but when I swap the .dll files in liblist.gam and start the server, HLDS just crashes after it says the server is starting. Is AMX not compatible with 1.3?

Best answers
I feel rather stupid for missing that :rolleyes:

I hate to ask another question, but it's getting on my nerves.
After I start a server, in the console window in HLDS, I get flooded with the following error.
"SZ_GetSpace: overflow on SVC_RuleInfo"
It appears about every 2-3 seconds and may be the cause of HLDS crashing after about an hour.

I googled the error, and it seems like it's due to having to many plugins running, but I have nothing other than the default stuff running?

And while running AMXX, I get flooded with the error above as well as another one, below.
"Can't find address: xxxxxxxx"

Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom