more dramatic explosions

Best answers
Just another idea-

I think it would be cool, if the explosions were slower. For example when a beam collides with the ground or whatever, it would take a second or so for it to get to its largest point. And it should take a second longer or so to die down.

I also think it would be cool if they were more solid of a color.

Another cool thing would be for the explosion to leave smoke and debris for a few seconds afterwards.

these things i think would really help give the game the more "*kaboom!!* gottem! hahahahaha....wait a minute.....he's still alive!!" feel, as it does in the series.

just some suggestions. let me know how realistic they are and what you think of them.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Those are some pretty cool ideas! I think Blazer was talking about puting in some of those things. But your ideas got me thinking and I was wondering, could you have it so when you have fired atleast 10 renzos (small energy balls) in a row at the same place, could a ball of energy grow around the area of impact like with Gohan V Frieza and Vegeta V Cell. Like Siddhartha said, it could make the mod more like the series.

P.S Maybe this should be moved to the Suggestions forum. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya i think BlazeR is making the explostions way cooler cant wait to see all the new eye candy.

BrunO

Best answers
that would be nice but you would still be able to tell if you nailed them at the top left corner (unless they changed that)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry, bout the slow explosion things, that would decrease the game speed a LOT so I dont like the id

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah the explosions should look more like dbz...

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
btw, Sometimes it looks like a explosion is slow, but u can't c the real distance it goes. Maybe it looks like two or three feet and is 1 kilometer. The other ideas are cool ..

Best answers
I think its an awesome idea to have explosions like in the series.
But whats about the crater from the explosions?
But i think its impossible or is it possible with the hl-engine?
Please answer this question!

Best answers
I am not sure if this would make the it more laggy or not but what about the floor bieng break-able and have solid underneath it or have some of the floor like that??

Best answers
if it was like woo i got him oh wait hes still alive, theyd have to get rid of the who killed who thing in the upper right corner

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Way to state the obvious Xeno. :D I like the ideas that Siddhartha has given us. I say you guys (the ESF team) should run with them.

Noah
GreenTaco

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, if Blazer is a good coder, I have no reason to beleive that he is not, the particle system that hes implementing would be able to show large "particle clouds" that would look a lot like smoke. I don't think that particles use true polys so the lag wouldn't be terrible.

Best answers
No, sorry guys. I am no longer with the team for various reasons. Don't hate me, it's just the way it is.

But the new ESF will rock. Don't worry about that :)

Best answers
SHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT
SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT...
BLLLLAAAAAAZZZZZERRRRRRR...
CCCCOOOOOMMMMMMMMMEEEE BBBBAAAAACCCCCKKKKK....
WWWWWWEEEEE NNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD YYYYYOOOOOOUUUUUU...
DDDDOOOOONNNNNTTTTTT LLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE....
WWWWWWWWEEEEEEEE LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYOOOOOUUUUU...

dont leave!

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, im currently learning c++ also(comming along very well... and i can ask HarSens+blazer if i have questions:)),so if everything goes smoothly i will be coding in some new FX. In the last inteam meeting we discussed our gfx, and some pretty nice explosion ideas i think you guys will like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
joe is the man with the plan! :rolleyes:

its ok blazer we dont hate u... ({mental note: kill blazer...}) j/k offcourse :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom