rpg'ing in esf

Best answers
long time listener first time poster ( i guess this is my first post, i think) i was wondering if you guys are gonna role play in the beta ( yes im a geek) cause i was thinking about renting a server for just rping dont know how it would work but it would be kinda cool i guess. (rp'ing means role-playing):)

Best answers
uhhhh no.... ive never heard of an rpg in half life except svencoop, and rpg dbz on a first person shooter engine would be dumb :eek:

Best answers
i dont mean a mod i mean actually roleplaying dbz characters, i.e goku vs vegeta, instead of playing all fast u take it slow like the show :)

Best answers
Well it could be possible, I used to go in the ahl rpg server alot. Just depends if you can get other people to act with ya :p

Best answers
It'd work except if you lagged out, got disconnected, or had to go and wanted to pick up an RPG fight later, you'd lose your PL.

Best answers
master sword is a real hl rpg.

there u can buy and sell weapons and items, and get xp for killing monsters. then your skills get better so u make more damage with a weapon.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can you download master sword? is it out yet?

if so, what is the url for the site to get it, thx

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Getting back to RPing (Which is strikingly different from RPGs).

I'd be up for playing like this. Though it'd take a bit of getting to know the character (or hell, just make up your own personality to go with). In any case, I'm an amateur writer and prefer writen RPing to anything stat driven. The only issue I could see developing would be accidental killings while typing or something. Perhaps someone could make sorta a little addon for ESF in the future that highlights a player somehow when they're typing (ala JK 2).

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Itd be kinda cool. I was thinking, to make this possible, make it so Teams are based on the allegiances of characters. Say you would be Buu, but youd have to be on the Evil team cuz thats the only side itd be availiable on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm esf just doesnt seem quite good enough for rp ing...

Best answers
i play as all chars. and i am a *goes to cheeseman*mini joe foooooooooo :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u lier u dont play all charaters :F

Best answers
Nightshade owned alpha and I know probably already owns beta:rolleyes:

Best answers
Yeah, I remember trying DMZ awhile ago and there was a surver or two like this. Hard to do, didn't really amount to anything. Good luck getting people to be disciplined and imaginitive enough, that's all I'll say! This idea is most likely doomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom