melee....VERY IMPORTANT!

Best answers
OK, well the whole melee thing is gr8 but, ive come to notice that people are rather....whoring it :cry:. And what i mean is that like they wont use anything but melee. Do u kno how damn annoying it is? Its almost like playing with a little 7 year old or sumthin, i simply cant take it! Well i was wondering if the team could tone the melee down a little or sumthing, o well cya and plz respond sum1!

Over and out

Best answers
Block only goes so far though. When you go on a server and 8 out of every 10 people are whoring melee all day, what fun is that? You cant really kill anyone with beams most times unless you melee stun them first, even then you risk getting hit from the side by some other melee user. I believe you still take damage from melee even if you block. So far the only way i can see to counter melee users is to either disk them, or use gohan's shield..but that doesnt do damage i dont think.

Best answers
Originally posted by Setzer1025
Block only goes so far though. When you go on a server and 8 out of every 10 people are whoring melee all day, what fun is that? You cant really kill anyone with beams most times unless you melee stun them first, even then you risk getting hit from the side by some other melee user. I believe you still take damage from melee even if you block. So far the only way i can see to counter melee users is to either disk them, or use gohan's shield..but that doesnt do damage i dont think.
yeah u can use gohans shiled mohahaha i already found a way to hurt him while he's using it... lol all i can say is snack food ;) :p

Best answers
Frieza's primary fire on his finger laser also goes through the shield. Also if you have a disk out and ready to fire..let someone hit you head on with melee. Sure you might take some damage, but magically they will die from it.

Best answers
yea but one thing. i always use gohan he's my fav char.. wen ppl start attacking me in shield i make them wish they've never done so.. if u haven't figurred it out already .... the shield can be absorbed and shot out as a massive energy ball (thanks nightshade) and its just as damaging as a final flash i'd say. and to solve the problem wit all dem melee whores...me being one i do admit. I just make sevrers with like 4-6 slots so u have a lesser risk of being smacked across the map every 5 seconds from another melee user when ur doin sometin.

Best answers
Originally posted by Setzer1025
Frieza's primary fire on his finger laser also goes through the shield. Also if you have a disk out and ready to fire..let someone hit you head on with melee. Sure you might take some damage, but magically they will die from it.
Everything goes though his shieldd bsides melee. And that shild is not suppose to be a shild, it is suppose to be if anyone touchs it, they die.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Instead of using your big power beam use the small one that takes about 3 seconds to charge. For the melee whoring ya it can be a ***** sometimes but once you get use to it and comfortable you will be kicking people to the air when their in the air slamming them towards the ground swoop after them before they hit the ground and kick them into a mountain or building. :)

It will take a while to learn but if you keep practicing you will get better. I learned to play beta with bots so it helped me a lot. Btw the bots won't be released for another week or 2. We are trying to make the bots harder for you like your playing a real person. :)

Best answers
In the show did you see people use beams every second? No, they used it when they needed it, other than that they duked it out melee style. Only use ki attacks wisely, or you'll find yourself kicked across the map.

Best answers
I do use the generic beam..most times thats ALL i use. Even though it has a short charge time..by the time you hit them and can move again, your already hit across the map/into the ground. If your hit to the ground..well just get ready to respawn because there will be a big ol beam headed right toward you. The generic beams dont do enough damage to stop the melee people either so thats not really worth trying. It probably will take some time to get use to and im willin to put time into getting use to it, but it is damn annoying when 80% of the people play esf use melee at the moment. The melee system is a damn good concept..just melee whores killed it already.

Best answers
i have to agree, you should find a way to balance the power of melee so beams can also have a chance

also wat is counter melee

Best answers
Originally posted by Phobius
Instead of using your big power beam use the small one that takes about 3 seconds to charge. For the melee whoring ya it can be a ***** sometimes but once you get use to it and comfortable you will be kicking people to the air when their in the air slamming them towards the ground swoop after them before they hit the ground and kick them into a mountain or building. :)

It will take a while to learn but if you keep practicing you will get better. I learned to play beta with bots so it helped me a lot. Btw the bots won't be released for another week or 2. We are trying to make the bots harder for you like your playing a real person. :)
yup lol like when 2 people tried to gang up on me using melee none stop lol i was countering left and right lol, then i smacked the last guy up into the air then down then up then down lmao.

Best answers
Originally posted by phatjumbo
i have to agree, you should find a way to balance the power of melee so beams can also have a chance

also wat is counter melee
block a melee attack the person gets stuned for a sec then u just use your melee attack and thats that. If two people are attacking you u have to wait till they both attack then if your quick enough u can get the guy that attacked first before the other one recovers. Then again if the idea i posted about a melee counter was in that wouldn't be a prob at all since you wouldn't take no damage at all from melee whores if you used it correctly but oh well. :rolleyes:

*Please avoid double posting by using the edit button!! I mean cmon man!! U did it twice in one thread!!
Antoine3323

Aki

Best answers
Phosbius!!! that is my opion, that melee suxX. that isnt very funny when everbody makes melee. and in my thread "melee!!!" that isnt flaming, you understand. And its unfair when I cant say my opion to melee. I would set the damage lower and thats lame when u are flying 1000000 meters and than you cant move and every lamer can kill you.

greetz Aki (sry4mybadenglish)

Best answers
Think about the show, they mostly did use melee then blasted the guy to finish himn off. Ya its hard to blast ure good beams ie kamehameha but wait for the right moment. I love melee and i am considered one of those melee whore but i dont care, if its getting me the kills naturally im gonna use it. i killed very few with melee cuz i tend to use a basic beam to finish them off

nightsage was the u in the server where it was like 5 vs me almne and i took every1 =)

<----------- bounty_hunter

*Hey, it bounty!! Nice game last nite!! :p
Antoine3323

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AKi your starting to push my buttons. Look at your post then look at his post. I see no flaming in his or calling it a piece of **** and flaming it alright.

You get a warning for flaming and thats that.

Best answers
yeah i love the melee here .. there are some problems with it but i still love it!!! and i don't understand why do ppl think that meleeing is n00b while beaming is leet!!! no!! DBZ has a "martial arts" theme .. that means melee .. did u ever see a dbz epis where two warriors kep shooting beama at each other for ever??!?!?! tha's stupid it will never happen!

Best answers
yeah they wanted to make the mod as close to the show as possible and about 90% of the fighting in the show is melee, especially in the raditz and saiyan sagas.

Best answers
There are also beam whores you know. Having a Goku or Vegeta in every corner of the map and all are shooting away with Final Flashs and Spirit bombs isn't great either. But why complain? Everyone has his own fighting style and slowly flying backwards firing a beam every two seconds certainly isn't my thing. I prefer hitting them straight up in the air then across the map and finally into the ground. Then a little generic beam and most are finished. If it's a char with much life i use a kamehameha. Problem solved. If someone uses ONLY melee you should be happy cause he's at a disadvantage.
Just my 2 cents though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom