Cd-Key Help >:(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i havent given out my cd to anyone else, yet when i try and join a game it says "cd key is in use, please try later" :S I cant join any games while this is up, so i would appreciate and replys. Thanks in advace

Best answers
Originally posted by bobbybaby
i havent given out my cd to anyone else, [...]
maybe u got ur CD-Key from anyone :eek:
it can be that some CD's over the world using the same Key

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Ghoststalker
maybe u got ur CD-Key from anyone :eek:
it can be that some CD's over the world using the same Key
:shocked: Surely thats not right though

Best answers
try to contact Valve about it. i heared that they might give you a valid cd-key if u prove that actually bought the game.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
someone probably stole your CD key, ive seen people that will d-load half life, then go write down a CD-Key, try refunding the game

Best answers
something simmiliar happened to me. i contacted valve. if you bought the game within the past 90 days i think it is, they will give you a new key, if you kept the reciept. if 90 days passes, you must pay $10+ for it, so i just replied no, and got a key from a friend of mine :talk:

Best answers
i have two CD keys because i bought Half-life and a friend gave me CS retail version. If you want, i could e-mail you one to try, and if it doesnt work then you will know that there is something wrong with your game.

and no i DIDNT steal some-one elses CD key:no:, i own both games.:yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought all Half-Life CD's came with more than one cd-key, well at least mine did, it came with three. Or was if four? Anyways, if you really need it, I guess i could tell you one. Just PM me.

But only as a last resort. :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no it has nothing at all to do with ur cd key

its a won problem it happens every so oftin won just doesnt work right and thinks someone is on using ur cd key

it ususaly passes after 10 minutes or so

Best answers
Originally posted by Jaa Joe
I thought all Half-Life CD's came with more than one cd-key, well at least mine did, it came with three. Or was if four? Anyways, if you really need it, I guess i could tell you one. Just PM me.

But only as a last resort. :\
3 or 4? where did you buy Half-Life from?? hahahahaha...
just out of curiosity, why would it need 3 or 4 cd keys? the game only needs one, so maybe the other 3 are to give to your friends so they can copy your version and play at the same time as you. ;)

Best answers
Im sorry to do this, but since cd keys is a deliquite ( dont get me on spelling just try to figure out what i was saying ) matter, im going to have to close this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom