Melee-Countering

Best answers
Ok, I understand that you block, then hit. Note, I'm not a blocker, but sometimes I do block when I know I can't fall through with an attack, when I do attack, people teleport, but when I have the chance to hit them, it'd take a long time, some people do that immediate counter-how do they do that? And another thing, you hit someone, picture it. Then, they go flying, immediately dashing towards you like you never even hit them...someone give me a hint. :\

Best answers
The way that the block-counter is performed is to hold down on block and the right click at the same time, once the person has tried hitting you while you are blocked you release the block, still holding down on the right click. When they come back from a hit almost immediately, it usually means that they are at a much higher PL than you and also have a full ki bar.

Best answers
I loathe this technique. I'd be happy with 1.1 if all they did was to get rid of this. You shouldn't be able to attack for two seconds after blocking (but you could, say, teleport away).

Best answers
There is also a technique if you have a roof over your head and you melee someone up he bouce down and if he's still rolling you can kick him again and again and again until he dies... it's UBER LAME :\

Even the ki-bots use this technique.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
You just sound like someone who gets pwned by bots MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHh o_O

Best answers
o_0 Not realy o_0

What i'm saying is the technique is used by bot's, but i'm not saying that i dont use it or get ownd by bots.

Best answers
Yeah, like in the respawn-pit of the battlearena ... I hate it when people just wait till someone respawns and then melee the crap out of you when you're defenseless.

Off course, when there isn't a roof or something and they roll, I'll be happy to use that in my combo! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made a whole huge thread on the intense homoeroticism surrounding the instant counter. All the "l33t" players are just about equal with or maybe 10% higher than myself, but because they use that stupid technique they win all the time and get these mad reputations as insane 5 on 1 masters.

That move is totally an exploit and should be removed. I agree about the attack limitations stated int his thread; that's what it's supposed to be like, I think, but some *******s found a glitch to get around it.

Either way it's crap. If you are even at all aggressive in melee and your not tagging the guy from behind, chances are you are just killing yourself for him and not even doing any frigging damage in the process.

LAME.

(And once again for all the dumbasses, this is regarding the INSTANT PRE-EMPTIVE UNESCAPABLE HIT version of the "counter," NOT getting blocked and then getting hit.)

Best answers
I use this technique SOME and ONLY SOME I barely use it when in a big clash though but some people-it's all they do, i could name a few people of this that i have played with and it's the only technique keeping me from beating them. i don't think it should be removed because then some people (people like me ;))would easily be able to crush anyone that used to use this technique.

Best answers
Yah sure its lame,but the other counter is teleport which doesnt hurt them.....and you could always teleport backwards after you hit them,works for me on 5v1 matches....

And of course melee is gonna get revamped in 1.2,which could be a good thing.Because I know he will redo the code from scratch....(maybe Im wrong)

EDIT: Theres a counter to everything,find it and youll be free....

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should have to charge up the counter attack. What I mean by that is you should have to hold down attack for a second or so before releasing block to counter attack someone. I can easily beat people to death by throwing ki blasts at them until they are 2 feet from my forhead, then tap block and counter it almost instantaneously. It needs to be fixed.

Best answers
im not to sure if i like that idea.....i mean the idea of charging up a block seems kinda lame:\

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean like a charge bar coming up or something, I just mean that countering should only work after you've been preparing to counter for a little bit. Instant countering is unbalanced.

Best answers
when you block, you should have a meter.
cause you know how people in dbz can only hold so much before the beam or whatever swallows them/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No see...it'd be fine if it wasn't that there's some odd loophole about the wait rule. According to some old **** I read, I could SWEAR that when you block a character, there is supposed to be like a brief moment when you can't attack and--if he's quick--he can escape the counter.

The Insta-counter (you got blocked and smacked away almost immediately) is escapable but not always. And usually the ping has a heavy factor on it, too.

The "Pre-Emptive Counter" (the thing my thread was on a while back, where you just get hit without even being blocked) is total garbage and is totally unbalance. Players who use that technique are a load of crap, and I don't want to hear "find a counter" because it's an EXPLOIT that is NOT SUPPOSED TO WORK THAT WAY and unless you find ANOTHER EXPLOIT, it's NOT counterable or escapable or defeatable--THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT AN EXPLOIT. heh.

The problem could probably also be fixed by making a melee hit knock a blocking player back a bit (VERY little), so that they have to actually try and hit the enemy with the counter.

Best answers
I agree, the melee counter is kinda lame, but you can teleport away from it and hit people in the back. But i agree, people sorta camp using this trick. They should make it delayed in 1.1, remember this is a beta after all, its gonna have alot of problems

Best answers
Sorry, but if you think you can teleport away from it, you're not thinking of the insta-counter. The insta-counter is inescapable.

Best answers
i indeed would like to post here.

The insta-counter is a cheap tech nique but its there. For the moment its a use or be abused situation. I think they should change counter so that its on on click thing instead of a let go click.

As for the attack before block i've seen it done but only once or twice preformed it. Unless there is a cheap way of doing it then the only way i can see of preforming this is very good timing. Which is whats ESF is all about (at the moment, and in melee mostly) so this could be consisders skill and not,i hope, to be taken out.

Best answers
what i dont get is that everyone says 'its not fair to be able to do this' but if everyone can do it, doesnt that make it fair? Im dont really care becaus emy ping is so bad in the game that you could block my attack, wait 5 seconds and melee me anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom