Bots --- How To?

Best answers
When I downloaded the bots I did everything to apply them but when it says to run the game with the console I dont get what that means. It says this: Run the game with console (example: "C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf"), and in the game type "addbot" in the console (open console with '~'-key) to add a new bot to the game.
You can use "kick [Bot Name]" no brackets just the bot name case sensitive, to kick a bot.
So can anyone please explain what this means for me? It would be greatly appreciated! :)

Jason

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
:eek:. let me think .. you should install http://members.lycos.nl/rick1304050/ ki bots. the INSTALLER.. they are more advanced... about the console.. go to HL.EXE right click on it. and make a short cut. then right click on the shortcut and click Propeties ( something like that ) .. you see now example: C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe .. now add until you see this C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf then press save and start the game. and now you can press the ~ button for the console..

whit the KI bots.. press the ---> = <--- button for the BOT menu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It means open HL, Go to Custom Game, choose ESF, go to Multiplayer, Host a game, and type addbot in console when the game starts.
Say a bot's name is ... AsDf, and you want to kick him. Go to console and type kick asdf and hes gone :D

--Edit--
Bummer... you posted before me :S

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
whit the ~ button.. be sure to read my reply if the ~ button doesnt work

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
another easier way to kick anybody includin bots is to bring the console down and type /status. after that you will see a list of numbers next to user names. then you can just click /kick #. Makes it easier to kick people with complicated names or clan tags...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
look at my reply! second post. i quote it for ya..

about the console.. go to HL.EXE right click on it. and make a short cut. then right click on the shortcut and click Propeties ( something like that ) .. you see now example: C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe .. now add until you see this C:\Games\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf then press save and start the game. and now you can press the ~ button for the console.. then when in game! press ~ button

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa... I never knew that :D My console didnt work till I installed "POD-BOTS" by botman :D:D... O well... :p... no need for that anymore :D

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
yep. whit that POD-BOTS is console already automatic added ^_^ now you know how. i think the the Question here is ansered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom