Very Newb Q's

Best answers
I see images on this site with a "scouter" thingy on the top right and i was wondering how do u get it and what does it do/show.

How do u get senzu beans and the dragonballs and what do they do?

Also can sum1 teach me to melee? I dont know how

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
scouter is a radar to locate allies/enemies and their PowerLevels, Dragonballs, you find them in CApture the dragonball mode, and you gather all 7 together and maek a wish....
Melee, here it is, you have melee selected (press the 1 key, or mouse scroll thru your attacks) click on an enemy, until you see a red box around your opponent, then you hold left click, your character will charge (or"swoop") at the enemy, left click will ONLY swoop, right click is the initial attack, so while swooping at the enemy, hold the left one, AND the right click,

also, when not moving, you can still hit somenoe without swooping, if you are in hitting range ;) hope I helped.

Best answers
ok thanx, but how do i get the scouter to show? is there a command or sumthing?

Best answers
Just to clear up what Magus said about swooping, you only have to click no hold onto the left mouse button to swoop, and to stop the swoop early, you click the left mouse button again, this can come in handy sometimes.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Check your controls. Scroll through the list until you find scouter, set it to a key or button... Change ALL the commands to they're comfotable to you, cuz it's really dumb to keep default key selection in all games.

As for melee: Press number 1 (unless you changed key command), find a person and aim the crosshair at them, press primary attack and when a red box is around them, you're ready to attack. To attack, press primary and you will begin to rush at your opponent, during which time you need to press secondary attack (right-click by default... bad setting if you ask me). When you get close to your opponent, you will hit them. If you made a direct hit, they'll fly off into the distance. However, smart opponents will block, so keep your wits about you and do somthing to get away if they do block.

Now, most people will try to do the same thing to you, so you gotta know how to defend against melee. Check your controls for the block command, be sure to put it in a handy spot. A good spot is usually near your movement keys. When you see somebody comin at ya, press block and wait for them to come at you. When they hit (you'll know when, you'll hear a "smack" sound and you'll lose a little bit of health), you should let go of block and try to hit back (press secondary fire with melee). They won't have time to block, they'll most likely zanzoken away, depribing you of your quick counter.

It takes a bit of practice... Try and find a n00b friendly server, or with only 1 or 2 people in it who don't mind showin you the ropes...... Or download Ki Bot, come back here to ask how to install/work them, and you'll be set :)

Best answers
ok thanx man. i need to practice on blocking :p. i usually never do. i also think that the controls by default r fine except for melee. it gets confusing left and right clicking.

Best answers
You will get used to it, and teleporting behind someone then whacking them in the back with a backflip the aiming up and shooting a gallit gun or secondary fire ki blobs at them is a good tacktic, wait, newbie central, just teleport behind them, and don't try to counter ppl who aren't noobs, they will telleport and swoop below and stuff, god that's a long sentence.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
And enough spelling and grammar errors to put an english teacher into temporary insanity.

And actually, the only way he'd get used to it would be if he was already used to a setup that made primary fire left-click and set secondary to right-click... And very few games makers are that dumb that they'd set the default commands up like that, so I doubt he would be used to it.

Best answers
I said he WILL get used to it, and just play ESF and no other game for a year and you'll be a master.(Posh accent) Are you critisising my spelling and grammar?

Best answers
Vegeta_Master, not only did you confuse me for a second there, but you also probibally put poor Majin Veteta out of playing ESF for the rest of his life :) Majin Vegeta, a good tactic to learn is teleport, use it wisely, iti s your best friend, oh, and practice lots!!!!

Best answers
lol, ok guys. practice makes perfect, so i will test out some things and after a while hopefully i will get used to it. :)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta_Master, I will not criticize you for your spelling errors, but I will criticize you if you begin to flame.

Sinkaro, your second post that consisted only of "yeah" directed to Vegeta_Master want not necessary. I have been watching you, and decided you need a warning... check out http://www.esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=232435#post232435

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
another way to get the scouter is to, open up console *if you have it* and type scouter, simple

Best answers
alright guys thanx for the answers and i'm doing pretty good at meleeing ppl:] ne way my questions have been answered, or at least i understand them now. so i suggest sum1 closes this thread;)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
closed because the auther requested it so

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom