ESF, when did you saw it?

Best answers
Well, i was kinda quistioning myself, how did you guys get introdused to ESF and when?-

well i first saw the first release on a PC magazine and IT KICKED ASS! so i installed it and the animations where soo cool,and the attacks , they were so nicely animated, one of the best DBZ mods THEN and one of the best NOW, that must be something like 1-2-1,5 jears ago, when i firstly saw ESF...ESF-BFP....first BFP was nicer, now ESF...but youcant compare it..:fight:

Best answers
well i don't remember how i found esf .. but i remember dmz
i was trying to find a cs server through the all seeing eye as usuall, the days i had a slow modem on a slow isp. i wasn't actually looking for a server, i was exploring the program .. when i found a mod called dragon mod z !!!! i said to myself oh my god!! a dragon ball z mod?!?!!!!!! i looked for it in google! i found it!
honestly i didn't like it very much, at first i did .. but then i kinda got bored .. and started looking for other dbz mods, i heared ppl talking about them, but couldn't find any.
they wern't talking about esf, but rather some odd mods (i found one of them, it was funny, they put a picture of piccolo on a gordon model and call that a piccolo model!). i don't remember how i found esf, maybe through moddb, not sure.
that was way before the beta release. like .. i don't remember when, but way before it.

Best answers
i was intruduced to it at the first lan i went to, this was the alpha 2.0 days. it was fun and i really liked the cell model they had then (it looked the same as it does now) and i contined to play it online. My fav map online was the DBZ_cellgames one with the destructable arena and mountains. loads of fun with multi PS in that version.

It was also the same time that i got introduced to BFP, that was fun but it lacked the melee was horid against other people, stun stun stun dead. it had bloddy good eye candy and the kill the monkey mode was fun (caus i cant spell ozerao). they were both good but since BFP was nerfed its ESF all the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In january when i logged onto msn and my mate screamed at me "DAN! YOU GOT HALFLIFE!?" and from there on ive played esf (the most) cs, dod, ns, dmz, and a load of other mods. I havent played hardly any other games ever since

Best answers
I would have to say around september 2002, my friend told me about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw bfp first but I didnt have q3. Then I found dmz and I had half life. I was more into dmz because they already had a beta out. *Red and white lay* Then I found esf.I didn't join forums because the game didnt look good. And I had 56k at the time.After about 3 months I got dsl and I signed up too the forums and started playing esf.

Best answers
i started when i found dmz, after goin through links from planethl. well tried dmz a bit, got bored then found esf alpha 2. that was back last year in march. hav been watchin v closely ever since!

The End...

Best answers
I....found it through the local LAN cafes here,really annoying for me since I didn't now anything about ESF....until now that is :D

Best answers
FM introduced me to this mod... then i started skinning cause i wanted to work for this mod..

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just searching for mods at moddb.com(something similar to that) and I saw both ESF. This was around when they just started telling everyone when the beta would be out. So I just waited for it to be out then downloaded it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
at a friends house, I was playing CS, on his comp ( I wsa happy to play CS after a 7 month break from it:talk: ) and then he quit the game, and I was pissed.

then he was starting esf, I saw the splash screen, and I asked him "Is this some game with a cool dbz splash?"

then he replied "this game is dbz"

so Ig ot hooked from then on :smile:

Best answers
well i was looking for buu pics for this dbz rpg site i was on, and i saw this computer game pic of evil buu so i checked it out, and i just followed the links and nothing was working so i visited esforces.com and tried to download but im too slow, so i made my friend buy half life platinum package and download esf so we could both have it, now its on of the funnest games ive ever played.

Best answers
I remember when i got an email from a kid named Dr. Evil askin me to work on Power Up... I accepted... Soon after we renamed it ESF.... Earth's Special Forces... :)

If I remember correctly I thought the name up... anyone else on the team wanna verify?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I first saw it on the day of the release of Alpha 2.0. Even though I didn't like DBZ, I figured I'd give it a try as it was something different, not another CS clone or shoot 'em up game.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i saw it about when it came out my cousin came over and told me about during alpha 2.0 so i checked it out waited a year for beta 1 and here i am now

Best answers
I saw the splash screen of it at espacemod and thot "dmz doesnt have that splash screen" so then i looked around on espacemod and found ESF.

Best answers
I love the bad grammar that is the name of this thread...so funny.

My friend introduced me to the mod right after B1.0 came out, took me a bit to get it installed, but after that I got hooked, didn't come to the forums for a few months tho...now I'm hopelessly addicted...

Mog

Best answers
i found esf when powerup changed their name to esf! :p
i found powerup when dbzm fused with them...
and i found dbzm after searching the internet for more dbz games to download after playing the snes games, which was about 3 years ago!

Best answers
i found esf as i got a flatrate!

finally i could go into the internet alllll time. not only saturday night 2 hours....

as i only had hl dm and tfc, and i wondered what this mod counterstrike is, i have gone to their website and dl. after a bit playing (2 days through nonstop - yes those good old beta 4 times WITHOUT cheaters...) i thought that there must be more mods. finally a found a good site called www.fileplanet.com (not today, in old times where you could dl for free without lines) and there were halflife patches etc... but first i decided to go to planethalflife. and there was a message with esf alpha 1.5 released! i grabbed it and found something like 5 servers... i took goku and took spiritbomb.... the whole time... and the guy with vegeta couldnt stop me. it was the one map with one big sea and where is a little way up to some bushes.... it was kinda hard to kill someone. i played it only 5 times... in that time i didnt know about db or dbz... i didnt visit this page for updates...

some months later i saw esf alpha 2.0... i thought it would be the same version because i couldnt remember the version number. but as i looked through the manual i saw something with powerstruggle (at this time i knew dbz) and thought hey this wasnt in the other version. i dl it and i played it up to 3 hours nonstop. i noticed that with the powerlevel thing and that no other dbz mod does have it. i wanted to be the strongest (hell in alpha 2.0 20 million pl was much)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom