Port esf to hl2?

Best answers
I tried doing a search for this topic but couldn't find any. Anyway I am just wondering if its possible without having to start from scratch, am saying that because esf is a great mod but the hl engine is too old, and lets face it compared to more recent engines its pretty crappy. Me my self I don't play esf much anymore because I got sick of the jerky movements of the character's (not really sure how to explain that). Mind you I am 100% sure this isn't the devs fault at all and that it is because of the way the hl engine does things, especially since I notice other games that play in third person or have an option to play in third person are as equally jerky so to speak.

I think esf would be better off on the hl2 engine, even if the graphics where the same.... then again who cares about the graphics really (which are good already if you ask me) cause am sure this mod is mainly about the game play :yes: ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you look very hard? =p

Anyway, the answer is No.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't want the answer to change, my computer wouldn't be able to handle HL2, lol. ;D

Best answers
oh ok then lol I tried using the search button but then I couldn't find the thread lol....... In any case my next question was going to be if there was a person that was familiar with how to code things on hl2, and he was interested in esf being ported over to hl2 would the team allow him to and give some support?

ok flame away lol

Best answers
DragonDude said:
I don't want the answer to change, my computer wouldn't be able to handle HL2, lol. ;D
HL2 requied:

700MHZ
128MB RAM
GEFORCE 2 400MX (minimum)
WIN 2000/XP

or let me say it this way... if you com can run UT2003 then it can run HL2 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom