i dont get ESF players....

Best answers
i think of myself as an average player. I am better than alot of people, but there are still those who are better than me.

what i dont get is: whats wrong with howing? i am not someone who stands in one spot and wait for someone who swoop at me first, i am constantly teleporting, recharging, swooping right and left, and sometimes going head on. yet people call me a hower. i mean, WTF am i supposed to do? howing is a part of the game, and for me, its more effective to go head on than keep swooping around sometimes.

i admit that there are some swoopers who are extremely good, but there are just these n00bs who just think "WTF?! i was swooping, i was supposed to win" and start calling people ***s and ****. and there are also those beamers who just keep spamming. i get killed a few times by them while meleeing someone else, then i start coming after them and kill them a few times in a row and they would be like "STOP HITTING ME ******!" or "LEAVE ME ALONE!" so i do, and then they just start beaming again.

i dont understand... :(

the meleeing system is going to change in 1.2 right?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As is the same with many... Theres a thread that was just made talking about this. I recommend moving this post to that thread just to keep the whole conversation from repeating itself. You can see my opinion there as well.

Best answers
This never happens to me, I (for some reason) never meet n00bs like that. (i think i met one sorta like that the day after Beta 1.0 release).

Best answers
That happens to me every game i go into.they all get mad cause im so much better than them.(i cant lie i only go into the games named noobs here or noobs only,so i will looked good and raise my self estem.) :cry:

Best answers
Abhorsen said:
That happens to me every game i go into.they all get mad cause im so much better than them.(i cant lie i only go into the games named noobs here or noobs only,so i will looked good and raise my self estem.) :cry:
LOL!
yeah, it is fun picking on newbs, but i move from 1 target to another and not kill the same one too many times in a row so they dont get pissed off too fast. they still tell me to **** off and leave after a while though.

i hate meeting up with people that i dont stand a chance against. i usually do really good owning newbs and having fun against people who are almost the same level as i am, then some guy comes in sometimes and decides to keep on fighting me because i have the best score(buu's purple aura is too easy to stop :( , they really need to change that :laff: )

ive meet up with some people who in the start of the game, i can melee and hit the person like almost 20 times, and they still wouldnt die. i was buu and this one guy was goku, it took forever to kill him with melee, but just 1 or 2 mouthblastes killed him. was that hacking? o_O

anyways, sorry about not posting on the other guys thread, i didnt see it, after the server crashed, i decided that i would come here and write something about this, its been bothering me for a while

Best answers
i dont really think you want it to happen to you. what server do you play on? i need to stop picking on n00bs all the time and try to get better, besides, all the n00bs try to gang up on me now, and he admin is *** with the "no spectator" rule. there was also this one time when we were meleeing and all of a sudden he started transforming. Me and some other guy shot him to death and then he started to get mad and yelled at us.

Best answers
Lol i was just kidding in my earlier post,im a pretty good player,ill beat almost anyone i play,but there are some people that just kick me around like a soccerball(Like clan leaders,people with no lives that just play the game all day,etc.)

Best answers
man i trans kill for one reason, if i am fighting someone and they stop the fight to trans i kill them with a beam i dont care dont stop the fight to do that. Also i like fighting 4 nooobs at a time its good training in being able to dodge better and stuff its also fun too.

Best answers
To the person who couldn't kill the Goku, it could be sensu beans. If you were playing on esf_riverside, that map has plentiful sensu beans he could have been using after each melee hit. Your mouthbeam might have just killed him before he could use any.

Best answers
I thought Senzu beans were disabled for 1.1...

I'm not sure specifically what HOWing is... I'll have to search for it. But if it's waiting for the other person to attack, then I'm basically forced to HOW. -_-

For some reason the ESF HUD sets me back about 10 fps, putting me in the single diget FPS for most of the time unless I'm not looking outward from the map border...

Strange though... I would've thought it was the player model slowing things down, but if i go into spectator mode my FPS goes to a playable level. -_- Pardon my off-topicness.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
lol I HOW, I don't care what other ppl say, I move around alot, but if I feel like waiting on them, then it's their own fault for being stupid enough to swoop at me, just remember, people just get mad when they get beat.

If I get HOWed, I just brush it off and don't make the same mistake twice :p

I just let the people play the game how they want, if tehy want to disk whore, go ahead, if they want to HOW, go ahead, people just takte things too seriously :p

Best answers
Man whats wrong with spamming beams and blowing people up that are in a 1 on 1, i used to melee, but everyone gets pissed at me, so i go all out beam and they still get pissed, well i prefer to use beams so to bad. oh and as for HOW or what ever, i do it all the time! :laff:

Best answers
WTH IS "HOW" ??? I asked my friend nemo before but all i got was a headache, someone clarify please?

Best answers
Its stands for Head On Whore, people that just sit back charging there ki watin for u to swoop, then at the last second they swoop and win the head on

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are people out there who clearly abuse the ki-system like complete tools.

But the term "HOW" is really getting thrown around pretty lightly. I'm sick of people who don't really deserve the label getting it; in fact I'm sick of the term itself, along with every other stupid acronym and abbreviation that people are pulling out of their asses to whine about stuff.

If a guy is pummeling me because he "whores" the flawed melee system, I don't *****. I either:

1) Stick it out, and try to figure out methods to counter it.

2.) Leave. No reason to just sit there and fluster myself.

Problem solved. It gets tiring listening to b*tches b*tching about b*tches. It's just a game.

almostdeleted

A
i gave up on esf a long time ago, I play with bots now, ot friends. I got kicked about 2 days ago for being to good.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just remember the game is less boring for the person who is actually moving around than it is for the person sitting around. If they wont budge after a while and they keep dodging your beams just ignore them. Eventually they'll either have to come after you or go away, simple as that.

Best answers
we'll have to agree with Boyster on that,they'll be expecting you to melee them,so what I would do is

1. turn 180 egrees
2. Lock onto another player
3. Melee him instead

or you could use the old aged technique of confusion,no matter how good a HOWer he is,he will never be able to beat a good mix of teleports and blocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom