HELP WITH ESF!!

Best answers
Can someone help me? I've downloaded esf a few times already but each time I get an error saying that the voiceicon file is missing. I recently downloaded the file I needed from one of the posts here and followed the instructions of where to put the file . Then I started the game but this time after a while the game just shuts down. I'm getting really frustrated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omg, this problem is still around? Ugh, try DISABLING voice chat in options >.>

voice_modenable "0"
voice_enable "0"
sv_voiceenable "0"

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@mc2@ said:
Can someone help me? I've downloaded esf a few times already but each time I get an error saying that the voiceicon file is missing. I recently downloaded the file I needed from one of the posts here and followed the instructions of where to put the file . Then I started the game but this time after a while the game just shuts down. I'm getting really frustrated.
Welcome to the forums.

For the voiceicon file (even though you've solved the problem >_>):
Download that file from this thread and place it in the appropriate directory (as instructed in that thread).

For the shutting down:
It could be due to a number of reasons, although this is a common crash problem for users running video modes other than OpenGL. In ESF, go to CONFIGURATION > VIDEO > VIDEO MODES and change the type to OpenGL on a stable resolution. Other options are also to reduce your graphical settings under CUSTOMIZE, which includes the beam quality option.

It's also a good idea to make sure you have updated graphic card drivers installed and an updated version of DirectX as well. Alternatively, you can just disable voice feature in ESF which causes this problem, you can do this under 'customize' as well (EDIT: or follow the CVAR's Mr.Satan posted).

Try what I have posted, and if your game still crashes, feel free to post here again. Enjoy your stay on the forums! =P

Best answers
I've tried to change the video mode and tried to disable the voice chat but now a window pops up saying that counterstrike launcher has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down immediately

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are your system specs, (Processor speed, video card, etc.)
If you can give us this information, we might be of more help to you. ;)

Best answers
My computer is a Pentium 4 and runs at 2.66 Ghz. My video card is a RADEON IGP 345M

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You shouldn't be getting these problems then. o_O
Hmm.. if I were you, I would reinstall everything.
Delete your Sierra folder and reinstall Half-Life and ESF. Make sure you remember to patch up your HL aswell.
(That's just what I would do, you do what you want)
That error might be because of that thing you downloaded from here:

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=15316

I suggest you remove whatever was in there. Then test to see if it works without it.

Best answers
Hey MyStiX!! Thanks! I did what you said and reinstalled everything and now it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom