Annoying .wrl Problem!

Best answers
Can anybody tell me how to edit powerupaura.wrl. And dont tell me about the tuts in the models thread or that site with "all the vrml info i ever need". The other wrls such as aura and aura 2 i have no problem editing with milkshape, but when i try to edit powerupaura.wrl in milkshape and then re-convert it to wrl again and play esf, it is invisible! When i edit the trans aura, it works just fine! Is there a difference between powerupaura and the others? Something im not looking at? What is wrong!!! :confused: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
Nobody knows? im sure harsens knows, he knows everything about esf! :) (btw, i sincearly appologize for double posting, but im desprate!)

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well.. all the groups in your WRL have to be one group. so what you do is, regroup all the selected faces and you should be set.
then export it as a WRL

Best answers
i tried that and it diddent work! i even tried replacing the trans wrl with the powerup wrl and it didn't work! is there some difference in the coding of esf that makes trans wrl behave differently the powerup one? (argh, why cant the only 3d format be .mdls :laff:)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You probably don't see it because the sprite we wrap around it is practically invisible. Try changing powerup.spr too. Just to test make it like a solid green color or something that really sticks out.

Edit: We use WRL because it can be rendered clientside without being attached to a server side entity. Now with our (HarSens + myself) improved knowledge of studiomodelrender.cpp, we could probably use mdl files, but I still prefer to use wrl files regardless... It's like, let's see, should we work with regular degree angles or with quaternions, tough question -_-
I would rather work with
x+=degrees*delta
then working with a SLERP (Spherical Linear Interpolation) function that's like 10 years beyond my math :p

Best answers
alright, ill try it right now, although i already have modifyed the powerup.spr.

Best answers
i figured it out, the sprite has to be set to no transparence mode, because the wrl is already transparent. However, now it dosent spin like the trans aura does (what i did was replace the trans aura with the power up aura) got any ideas?

Best answers
Dont kill me for triple posting but please this is the last question i will ever ask!!!

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The powerup aura doesnt rotate, and you can't make it rotate (something that has to be done with code).
And n/p dude. Try to use the edit button, but asking more questions isn't a problem, heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom