The new melee system.

Best answers
I don't really get the new system.

after watching the melee movies i looks like the new melee is kind of slow,
the one we use now is fast and unpredictelbe(don't know i spelled it right).
It doesn't get boring because you kill in so many diffrent ways.

The new one looks very good and so but still it looks like its going to grow old very fast if you know what i mean.
as soon as someone figures out an ultimate killing move, which shouldn't take too long, everyone will be able to do it because all you need is punch a combo like right,left,up,down,right,up
and then all you need to do is hope he don't block and then just watch the beating.

It's a bit like evms tranformations sure its very cool in the beginning but after you've seen all transformation 3 times it gets boring.

Somone please tell me if i'm right or wrong.

and only serius replys please.

Best answers
i think its slow but maybe when the power leven grows your speed in this system grows...or they show it slow in their vidoes to show the vers nice animations

i would wait fpor the finaöl 1.2 versio and see then,maybe they make it faster:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Work in progress, im pretty sure someone stated that the melee system is a bit faster, and this is not the only form of attack (look at the potw)

Best answers
Things are still in the preliminary phases, as Joe has stated in some his recent threads. As a beta-tester, I can tell you that I prefer 1.2 to 1.1, even in its developing phases. It's a lot more strategic. The whole combo blocking system is going to be tweaked, I think Joe said, to be faster and more frantic. You'll find yourself able to do more things in a more stylish manner than you could in 1.1. Rest easy. :yes:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, apparently people seem to watch the videos and skip over the big red "Work In Progress" signs. We slowed down melee so it's easier to spot bugs and execute combos (the current blocking system makes it quite difficult as well). Once we finish the combo system and implement a new style of blocking (which is currently in the works), melee will speed up quite a bit.
Also you dont -have- to go in this advanced melee combat, secondary fire is like beta 1.1, just that it only sends the player flying 1/5th of the distance.
You can ask any of the guys on the team if 1.2 or 1.1 is faster, and I'm sure they'll all reply with 1.2. Why?
1) Multi-directional swoop, you can do more then just swoop strait at the enemy. Allows you to do some pretty interesting moves...
2) You can use swoop ALL the time regardless of your selected weapon.
3) Removal of targeting. Before when you played 2 vs 1's, you have to fight one guy for a little while avoiding the other, switching between both of them. Now you can actually fight both players at the same time because targetting isn't slowing you down. You can literally do a 4 vs 1, and hit back all 4 of the players in less then 4 seconds.
4) Throw - Throw is one of the best ways to take out multiple enemys (melee wise). If you're doing a 2 vs 1, you can start to throw one of the oppenents, and then chuck him into the other enemy and watch them both go flying back.
5) Advanced Melee Combat - You're probably thinking once you get into a advanced melee encounter you're making a life commitment to the enemy, sitting there forever pressing random directions. Like I said above, the current melee is more drawn out for testing purposes. When it's all said and done both of the characters should beable to fluently attack eachother. While the original attacker is executing his moves, you're already charging up your next queue of moves ready to execute as soon as he's finished. Also note there will be various melee combos that will inflict additional damage which ARE dogable. You will probably be at more of an advantage to land more small combos rather then the large "Kill the guy with a massive single move" types of things. Think about it, if you enter one large combo and the enemy dodges it, your screwed. If you enter in multiple small combos, the enemy has less chance of dodging all of it, and it will probably do more damage then the single huge combo.

Best answers
You heard it from the man himself. If he can make a believer out of me, he can make a believer out of your mom. Check my sig. :talk:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And keep in mind that the new melee will make the game more accesible. As it stands now, you basically own or you just get destroyed. And for ppl who's comps aren't as good, they can't pull high speed turns or keep track of things as well because of low FPS. This will make things more interesting. It'll be fun because we all have to learn everything from scratch and it evens the playing field.

-Karrde-

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just have a question about the swoop in 1.2. I noticed on the videos that it takes up much more ki then it currently does in 1.1... Will the ki amount required for swooping decrease in the final version of 1.2 or are you guys going to leave it as it is? It seems it would be a pain since you would have to recharge much more often.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid said:
I just have a question about the swoop in 1.2. I noticed on the videos that it takes up much more ki then it currently does in 1.1... Will the ki amount required for swooping decrease in the final version of 1.2 or are you guys going to leave it as it is? It seems it would be a pain since you would have to recharge much more often.
We don't have any plans of reducing the swoop ki cost at the moment.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halorin said:
You heard it from the man himself. If he can make a believer out of me, he can make a believer out of your mom. Check my sig. :talk:
If this guy likes it I probably will. How many threads did he start when he wanted the new system to be changed o_o

Best answers
I agree, it would be a pain having charge more often.

Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
If this guy likes it I probably will. How many threads did he start when he wanted the new system to be changed o_o
Amen to that.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I've got footage of a pure melee battle and i want to show it off... However, by the time it gets released i'm sure Pcjoe will make some other new leet code or graphic:)

Best answers
StormLord said:
I don't really get the new system.

after watching the melee movies i looks like the new melee is kind of slow,
the one we use now is fast and unpredictelbe(don't know i spelled it right).
It doesn't get boring because you kill in so many diffrent ways.

The new one looks very good and so but still it looks like its going to grow old very fast if you know what i mean.
as soon as someone figures out an ultimate killing move, which shouldn't take too long, everyone will be able to do it because all you need is punch a combo like right,left,up,down,right,up
and then all you need to do is hope he don't block and then just watch the beating.

It's a bit like evms tranformations sure its very cool in the beginning but after you've seen all transformation 3 times it gets boring.

Somone please tell me if i'm right or wrong.

and only serius replys please.
how can u tel by a bunch of videos o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
besides if u dont like the new melee u can always sit in the corner and throw beams at people

Sound Artist
Best answers
You can use just beams, it's certainly easy to swoop away from people, shoot a couple beams, dodge meleers... stuff like that. You can swoop with a ki attack selected so it's nice and easy to retaliate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exactly theres tons of way to play esf

and u could also just stick to the basic version of melee if u dont like the combos or throwing or any of the bad ass features its got

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom