I CANT GET ESF TO WORK

Best answers
Hello
I cant get Esf to work, i downloaded it on Half-Life and CounterStrike, when i go to a game on Half-Life it just freezes or goes back to the desktop. On counterstrike it says could not find bitmap font blah blah blah and i dont no what to do O_O IVE BEEN TRYING THIS FOREVER ive had enough i just wanna play please tell me what to do, thanx ;D

Best answers
yes i have the latest half life, i have read all these forums and did everything, i have dragonmod Z and stuff and now this is happening, and the fmod.dll thing i dont think is the problem, what else u got, ill try fmod, but i doubt itll work, what else should i do?

Best answers
what is that????? and i downloaded Alpha 2.0 a second ago and ive been playing it but still i want beta 1.1 and that still wont work, is there ne way to do it now that i have alpha 2.0
? please help...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then you need the NEW fmod.dll, because ESF 2.0a (the version you are using) uses an old version. This file goes into your Half-Life folder, not your ESF one.

Best answers
well i just tried it on counter strike and it says cannot find bitmap font :gfx/something........... im about to try half life right now

Best answers
ok i just tried it on half life, and when i went to create a game, u no how it usually says stuff like adding master server and stuff? well it didnt say nething at all, then it froze up and exited out and went to my desktop, so its obviouisly not the fmod....... unless if im not putting it in the right place, i am going to half life ( or counter strike) in Sierra, and clicking put fmod here and then it says do u want to replace, and i click yes, so i think that is right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You sure you have Half-Life version 1.1.1.0 and for CS you need v1.5

And don't double post, the Edit button is really useful :p

Best answers
hmm im sure i have the latest version of half-life, and i told u my problem with that already, and i think i have the latest version of counter strike, whre would i get that? ....o and how do u insert a quote?

Best answers
hey well.... when u buy the platinum pack counter strike is already v1.5 right? well neways i already told u what happens it says client.dll error and my fmod.dll is fine, and i have the latest version, what is wrong, and counter strike, it cant find the "bitmap font" and thats getting *** i need to download the bitmap font but i cant find a site with that....so what t od what to do, ive been trying forever night and day O_O im wracked! :devgrin: need to burn...lol...help :p.............. hey i took the client.dll file and fmod.dll file from alpha 2.0 and itll let me go to esf beta but its like all weird, its like a side view and i cant use any attacks at all its like not what beta is supposed to be i thik it is a freaky mutation of alpha and beta RUN FOR YOU LIFE :cry:

Best answers
the latest version of fmod isnt compatible with esf
u need version 3.6.0.0 of fmod

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Start all over Megalo. Just start over. Especially if you went moving files around like the alpha 2.0 client.dll to the beta's folder. That could easily cause problems that only a good un-install would fix. Which is what I recommend.

Re-install Half-Life, and update it to 1.1.1.0 with the link that Shadow gave you.
or if you want to run it on Counter-Strike, then update that to 1.5 with the link Shadow gave you.

The install ESF into either Sierra/Half-Life or Sierra/Cstrike depending on which program you are planning on running the mod.

When you start ESF for the first time, Click on Configuration, then Video, then Video Modes. Select OpenGL then a screen resolution. click okay and try to run the mod.

If you get an error dealing with client.dll, search for FMod.dll version 3.6.0.0 and download it into your half-life or counter strike directory.

If this fails to work, list your computer stats, like what Video Card you have and how much RAM you've got. You can get that info if you right click on the My Computer icon then go to properties.

Best answers
OMG DEMAN U IS DE MAN omg i love you, i did exatally what u said and it worked, i cant thank you enough omg i almost fainted when it worked.... thank thank you you...>!>>!>!>!>! IT WORKED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom