gaining PL (with melee, for example)

Best answers
Playing ESF 1.1 (yep, I'm not giving up the wait), I noticed getting enough PL to level really takes a long time... hitting a person with melee (just a clean hit, your enemy doesn't hit anything else) makes your PL go up with about 20K:confused:

Therefor, my suggestion is (quite simply): increase the amount with which your PL increases when you hit/kill someone...

It takes too damn long to be able to transform (especially in EVM)

Thanks for reading my (simple/humble) suggestion ;D

Best answers
The ESF team isn't going to change the amount of PL you get per hit so you can transform faster for EVM.
The game shouldn't be played to become as high a level as you can. It should be played for the gameplay.

You should suggest to EVM that they lower the amount of power it takes to reach its next transformation(s).

Best answers
Yeah, I don't think that making any suggestions and then using EVM in it are going to get very far. Let alone the fact that you posted a suggestion in the mod chat.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he does have a point, its does take quit a while to get enough PL, with ESF/ EVM, but ESF isnt based on transformations.
Going ssj or the next form up is only a bonus in ESF, which is used now and again, basically, it helps role play, but in death matches/ team matches, most people fight in normal form anyway :p

Best answers
I think that if they really wanted to, they could put something in the options that changes the PL gain modifier to whatever you set it at. Like... 1 would be default and then 2 would be double PL per hit and then 3 would be triple, etc, etc, etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u forget that u dish out more damage and more hits in 1.2 there for gaining more pl

so saying it doesnt give u enough when u havent played 1.2 is a waste of a statment

Best answers
Hibiki said:
u forget that u dish out more damage and more hits in 1.2 there for gaining more pl

so saying it doesnt give u enough when u havent played 1.2 is a waste of a statment
I believe he said he was playing ESF 1.1, so it stands to reason he was talking about ESF 1.1's pl gain rate, not 1.2's.

Anyway, he is also wrong; 1.1's pl gain rate is fine, fast enough so the skilled people get there fast and the unskilled people get there slow, sometimes not at all. The only thing I would like to see is a larger pl boost when you deliver a killing blow, be it beams or melee. It would help out people who like beams more than melee because while you can usually hit someone 4-8 times with melee before they die, a beam will kill in 1-2 hits, making the pl gain lower. A pl boost from a killing blow would probably help even that out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
which is my whole point

why do people whine and complain about a version that has no impact on the current features

Best answers
but that might support beam spamming which is something that gets complained about enough as it is. And to put my to cence in. I don't think being able to transform should be for the 1337 players. Everyone should be able to. Just adjust the speed

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if he was complaining about beta 1.1 he still implying to raise the hit points/ damage ammount by the next beta so what Hibiki said was true, because the next beta is 1.2 which hasnt been tested by the public

Best answers
Well yeah, I guess my suggestion is a bit too late/early ... all we can do is wait for 1.2 (even more :p) I think Xyborg had a good idea (set 1 = 1x PL gain, set 2 = 2x PL gain,...). This way people can personally determine how fast they wanna gain PL ... ofcourse it can't be too high or you end up with impossible lag beams like in EVM
(btw my suggestion wasn't pointed at EVM, it most certainly was normal ESF 1.1, but lets just drop the matter shall we?)

Best answers
getting pl in evm is easy. just fight someone who is allready in the third stage and your pl will go up like a mother fu**er. But i agree with it as far as esf goes. Even when im doing good and pwning the server, it takes me 30 min to an hour to trans with people like vegita and goku. And it sucks because i get about like 5k per hit on a weak person and 20k per hit on a strong person. Which is fine. But when i get killed i loose nearly 100k, and with all the beam spammers out there that happens alot more then it should.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say leave it as it is but there should be a lil pl bonus for blockingsince you work (push away the beam and fist) about 1/4 of the attack of the enemy if the attack would be unblocked
example:
A hits B -> A gets 20k pl
B blocks A -> B gets 5k pl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no way would that ever work

too many blocks to do something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom