Question

Best answers
Will the sizes of the models in 1.2 be corrected..
Right now they aren't really realistic..
Vegeta being huge, piccolo and cell (2 of the biggest chars in the show) being really small, not to mention the fact that when you trans with cell, his second form is actually alot smaller than the first... o_O

Will this be fixed in 1.2? Doesn't seem like a lot of work to me, seeing that only the size of the model has to be changed, not the model itself..

Best answers
That's actually a very good question. As a beta tester, this is something I haven't checked or brought up. I'm sure it'll get looked into in some way.

However, don't take my word as anything official.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
do i smell another suggestion corner? ^_^

but anyways ... even if the models out of scale compared to the show ... who cares? theyre all not that different in size so it doesnt really matter to me.

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
do i smell another suggestion corner? ^_^

but anyways ... even if the models out of scale compared to the show ... who cares? theyre all not that different in size so it doesnt really matter to me.
Hah. There just may be another suggestion corner. :p I already built one room. I swear I'll have a whole house when I'm done suggesting. :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I remember vaguely this was once brought up during a meeting, I think we decided to w8 with this after 1.2 is released...

Best answers
That's probably the best way to go, since 1.3 is supposed to be focussed on transformations, which is basically models. I wouldn't bother delaying anything in 1.2 to adjust models. You can tell who's wailing on you in a combo, so.. that's all we need. ;P

Best answers
True.. but though i have to admit that i have my coding skills etc are about 0, it doesn't seem like a lot of delay/work to adjust the size of a couple o models..

Don't you agree that seeing Goku beating the crap out of a second form cell that's about half his size would kinda ruin the feeling, even with the new great melee system? :(
Just my 5 cents though..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So in doing this, the matrix of the melee zones would still be the same correct? I mean, it's not like Krillin will be almost un-hittalbe and Piccolo is the easiest target?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
If it bothers you that much then resize the models yourself, let the ESF team do their melee, geeeeez.

Best answers
Well, I can say I see where you're coming from, and for the most part I agree. However, the team has set a certain schedule for themselves. To tack on little things here and there is going to delay the process and get everyone out of sync. I'm pretty sure the team works like this: (or else I'd imagine they would)

1. A release is made.
2. The team takes a deserved rest from making ESF.
3. The team listens to the concerns and suggestions of the community.
4. Masta organizes and coordinates with the other team members about what's planned for the next version.
5. Responsibilities and agendas are given to the team.
6. Each team member works on their assignment, occasionally placing things together for the beta testers to give feedback.
7. Bugs are stamped and sought out, trying to provide as stable a build as possible.
8. After extensive playtesting and agreed satisfaction, the next version is released.

My guess is 1.2's around the 6-7 range. The kind of suggestion you made, while being good, would have been best pointed out at 3. My point is the team has bigger fish to fry and have done all the fishing they're going to do for 1.2.

Also, don't take my word as anything official. It's just my estimation. The little things like unified model size isn't as important as balancing melee gameplay, for example. Give it time.

Signed,

The Red Mage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom