New Map lighting combined with DetailTextures

Best answers
yes and it doesn't eat any fps (at least not from my vid card :D)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.mechmod.com/
It does eat some FPS and ESF does NOT have fps to spare. Also that blur effect makes you sick after awhile, it's just best to apply the blur to certain objects (what we do in MM now), such as smoke, boosters, sabers, etc...

Best answers
Yeah but u could code it so it will remain just the lighting effects without the blur. And as you know both detailtextures and this thing have console commands to turn them ON | OFF... you guys could releae a hi-detail pack for esf users that have good machines (if u want that is )

Best answers
im not sure if anyone is thinking what im thinking, but this could be a neat effect for when in a 1.2 melee battle, sort of like every thing blurs to give focus just to the 2 in the battle. on a side note yea it looks cool but it looks like itll lend it self to overuse

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CS-LAND said:
Yeah but u could code it so it will remain just the lighting effects without the blur. And as you know both detailtextures and this thing have console commands to turn them ON | OFF... you guys could releae a hi-detail pack for esf users that have good machines (if u want that is )
I dont think harsens wants to code in CG shaders support, and I know I dont know enough about opengl/graphical programing to even bother. As it stands the only people who could afford to have it on are those with those rediculously fast PC's with insaine video cards, definatly NOT the majority of our fan base.

Best answers
Uh theres no real point in doing that then, especially since it wont be for everyone. It is good, but ESF is fine without it :O

edit: That will give you a headache although :/

Only thing its good for is making pics or something to show off ESF.

Best answers
then who did you get it in the map with out the code being in the mod?

Best answers
hey i love the maps cs-land they look ermm pretty sweet :)

offtopic just pmed you gpas so check it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say the map you made CS-LAND looks like a painting. like someone painted it.... lol yeah. also if it was implimented in 1.2 it looks like it would be something like matrix like the characters would slow down and the map would go fuzzy like that. but other than that its sorta worthless (sorry, i dont mean to sound mean) and it looks like it would eat my fps all up like alphabet soup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom