That Damn Client.DLL thing

Best answers
I got the new 1.2 beta and i tried to play a LAN game just so that i could se what the game looks like and so i could check out the bots however when i try to play it tells me that it could not load the client.dll i tried the fmod fix that everyone keeps telling me will work but it doesnt and i downloaded the game from the ESF website and still got the DLL error is there anywere that i can download a working client.dll file or is there another way to fix this. I really dont have any intentions of playing this game online just over the network that i have back home.

Best answers
Didnt you read the whole thing i tried that and it still say could not load Client.dll hell i even put and fmod in the half life folder and in the esf folder just for ****s and giggles and it still didnt work.

Best answers
goku_ssj_uk is trying to help you so don't go acting all though now cause your the one with a problem NOT us and on top of that he's right the fmod.dll is supposed to fix your client.dll problem.

Best answers
Sorry about that im just a little aggravated because this porblem happened before with 1.1 and now its happening again. Im trying to figure out what the problem is but im stumped the FMOD.dll dosnt work perhaps maybe. Do I need teh counter strike mod to run the ESF mod. I used to have half life with a whole bunch of mods and then i got esf and i wouldnt work at first but after i fiddled with it for a while i got it working. I had to scrap all my stuff and do a system restore so that i could upgrade so i got half life back but this time it had no mods including the CounterStrike mod. This mods seems to be important for some reason that im not sure about. This could be the answer but keep in mind that i am trying to run a LAN game and that is were i am getting this meesage. I wanna try playing with some friends and maybe a few bots.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... I was spamming a message in #esf-help 2 nights ago about how to fix this... but I can't remember the fmod address >_<.

Best answers
I know bout that prob
had that 2fixing it was easy i just installet patch 1.2!!!

Best answers
ok maby thats working i have that error to so we will see :)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If all else fails reinstall, first ESF, then Steam or Half Life. 4 out of 5 people have this problem fixed with the fmod.dll, and most of the rest are trying to connect to clients that haven't updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom