My negatives about 1.2

Best answers
No transformation
No new charz
Melee in ESF is nothing like real DBZ
beams are nothing like dbZ(spirit bomb lol)
graphics(krillin and buu... enough said)
Skills in this game(VERY EASY)
Bots are stupid and dumb
2 much bugs
2 much lagg
Lack of servers(11 at estimate a day)
No improved DBZ modes(cell games, tournaments, catch the dragonballz)
Trans killing
Better environment
More ki attacks
Mp3 lagg and crash the game
Mp3 editplayer has no volume
Explosions are nothing like in the show(spirit bomb)
Damaged characters(clothing ripped, blood on face) In esf, you look the same even if you have 3 hp left...(lol)
lack of popularity

Ahem... Well guess what guys???? Now mr. 20 year old that still likes Sonic(lol) is gonna lock this thread for no reason..

Best answers
The explosions used to look like the show, but they made them look weird now, for the reason that the old explosions caused crashes. (Alpha 2.0, even though I thought they looked coolest). Unfortunetly, it seemed most things you complained about was your own prefrance, so you can't complain about it; not to mention its a free game afterall.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ok, you can tell the team how to fix it.. instead of complaining..

Are you playing on steam or WON..cause on steam..there are alot more servers..
and maybe you should look at the title of the release.

ESF Beta1.2.

if beams and melee were exactly like DBZ..that would just be unbalanced..you stand charge a bigass beam, and blow up the whole world!1!!1oneone!1

Otherwise you have a lack of patience for the other stuff..

but as always, you are entitled to my opinion, I was just stating mine. :)

And another thing..

The moderators here donot close threads for no reason, and I'm taking what you said against Sonic Boyster as..a dumb comment..not a flame..So easy there tiger, playing with fire gets you burned.

Actually..with your posts from your last thread that I just read, I'm taking this just as a continual way to get under sonic's skin, so now I am taking it as a flame, here is your warning, I am asking you to stop abot your comments about sonic.

Best answers
Magus, only one thing I wanted to add..

"Are you playing on steam or WON..cause on steam..there are alot more servers.."

Is that one statement being untrue. Unless you mixed it up backwards... Steam has about 25 servers I usually find, WON usually I see about 35-45 unless I was unlucky. (These were with all filters turned off except the ESF filter.)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Eh, it's from my own experience speaking of, as I stated I was using my own opinion, so yea.

And as I should have done before..dunno why I didn't..these sort of threads lead to flame/spam-fests.

I'm sure the team has heard good/bad input alot, and if you have any specific bugs, feel free to report them in the coding section, thanks.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow... This is going to be hard without insulting Future_Gohan's lack of intelligence -_-
1) No transformation - We specificly said 1.2 will NOT have new transformations, 1.3 will have them. How are you going to list this as a downside when we said it will NOT have new transformations? That's like saying - Oh, Natural Selections suckz0rs because they implement not the new class dey proomsised to do in the next version!!! OMG!! LOLZZ!!! kthxbye
2) No new charz - This one is arguable since we wanted to implement adult gohan (he is under the optional list though), but we didn't get a chance to.
3) Melee in ESF is nothing like real DBZ - I dont really think this is an issue, if you want to get DBZ-like melee i'll gladly script out a sequence so you just hold onto primary fire. Oh, but that contradicts your #6 then -_-
4) beams are nothing like dbZ(spirit bomb lol) - Since when is the spirit bomb a beam? I'm not even going to ask what type of logic you're using, since it's failing miserably -_-
5) graphics(krillin and buu... enough said) - Krillin could probably use a new model, but I think buu looks pretty nice... I don't know, concidering we're on the HL engine, I kinda like our graphics.
6) Skills in this game(VERY EASY) - So easy that the majority of the forum goers can own you 10 times over ^_^ Or are you talking about the bots? Either way, I dont think it's "easy" to beat someone at the same skill level as you.
7) Bots are stupid and dumb - Yaknow, you're the type of person I'de talk about in class, then start hyperventilating because of the constant stream of stupidity that leaves your mouth...
8) 2 much bugs - I think this is a pretty smooth release, it does have bugs, but nothing compaired to our previous versions. And hey, that's what the 1.2.1 patch is for ^_^
9) 2 much lagg - Join better servers.
10) Lack of servers(11 at estimate a day) - http://www.steampowered.com/status/game_stats.html
Please refer back to #7
11) No improved DBZ modes(cell games, tournaments, catch the dragonballz) - Wow man... RTFM. We clearly stated that we would NOT work on gamemodes for 1.2. Say it with me...
1.2 has NO new gamemodes, transformations, or characters.
12) Trans killing - So what would be the positive side? Giving players god mode so they can exploit it?
13) Better environment - Refer back to #4.
14) More ki attacks - Refer back to #4.
15) Mp3 lagg and crash the game - To date we dont have any reports of the mp3 player crashing the game. The lag, nothing we can do about that...
a) Get a better PC
b) Use winamp to play your mp3s
16) Mp3 editplayer has no volume - You need volume control when editing your playlist o_O
17) Explosions are nothing like in the show(spirit bomb) - You like that spirit bomb, dont you? I'll agree with you here, if explosions were like the show the majority of the level would be destroyed by a single generic beam.
18) Damaged characters(clothing ripped, blood on face) In esf, you look the same even if you have 3 hp left...(lol) - Valid point... We don't care, but valid point.
19) lack of popularity - You're right, complete lack of popularity ^_^ Please refer back to #7 for additional information.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Future_Gohan said:
No transformation
Yes there are, each character can transform to his next level, and there will be more transformations in 1.3.

No new charz
That was never mentioned in the 1.2 outline, so why did you expect it?

I beg to differ, I think it looks a lot like the fighting in DBZ with exception to the initial pause before the melee starts which I'm sure they're fix soon enough

How? It looks like a beam... it explodes... how can it not be likea beam from DBZ. The only thing that needs tweaking in my opinion is the powerstruggling, other than that, it looks fine. What's wrong with the Spirit Bomb?

You mean the models and skins? Keep in mind that this is the Half-Life 1 engine.. and what they did with it pretty much exceeds any other mod I've seen. Some of the models do need a bit of touching up, but they look good enough.

You probably haven't fought someone with decent skill yet, just you wait. Another problem is the fact that everyone always tries to use the combo's in adv.melee so it's pretty easy to block.

Bots are stupid and dumb
Haven't played much with them in 1.2, but last time I checked in 1.1 they were brilliant, if you had them at a high skill level.

2 much bugs
There are a few, but this is a beta and it's expected. If there are bugs in the final release, then you should complain

2 much lagg
That has nothing to do with the ESF team, that depends on your connection and the servers connection. Unless you mean chop, in which case, you just need to upgrade your computer, so it's still your fault.

Then buy/rent yourself a server and add to the list, I think there are enough around as it is, I can get in a game with about 6-10 people pretty much whenever.

Like said before, this wasn't on the outline and you shouldn't have been expecting it.

Trans killing
Okay, what does transforming do? It makes you a lot stronger and faster, it also allows you to burn ki at a slower rate. It'd be unfair to allow you to transform without consequences, otherwise it would be too easy to gain that power. Also, people could abuse the invulnerability and use it as a block, just like they did in 1.1.

Better environment
A better enviroment is a negative? Okay, whatever you say, unless you meant that it needs a better enviroment. The new maps are great if you ask me, especially with the 24-bit textures.

More ki attacks
They will eventually add more, when they add more characters and such, but what could you possibly want, another beam that's a different color?

I haven't experienced this myself but in any case you already mentioned "2 many bugs" so that should be under the same category. Like I said, this is a beta, what do you expect?

Damaged characters(clothing ripped, blood on face) In esf, you look the same even if you have 3 hp left...(lol)
The explosions look great, pfft, they look better than they did in the show. Who cares about battle damaged models, it's not necessary.

lack of popularity
Then tell your friends.

Ahem... Well guess what guys???? Now mr. 20 year old that still likes Sonic(lol) is gonna lock this thread for no reason..
I still like sonic too, he's a badass hedgehog, something wrong with that? I'm guessing you're 12, with a petty ass remark like that. No one's going to lock the thread unless you start flaming, which you already did.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why so much hate? I closed your last thread because all you did was negatively criticize the mod and you even attacked the team for creating the damn thing. Just use common curtesy and stop making active attempts to harass the team and turn forum goers against 1.2 >.<

And hey now, what do you have against Sonic? Sonic r0x0rz y0r b0x0rz (that's not a flame just my opinion, yo).

Edit- And I'm not the one closin' it. If it gets closed it's likely because there's nothing constructive in here.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
>_> ok I closed it but joe said not to fux with it, so here we go :p

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I'd like to ask what attacks Mister Gohan would like the team to add. Should we start inventing attacks because almost all of the DBZ techniques are in the game..

Best answers
he really said bots are dumb ? omg ... they are HARD CORE BODELY BOTTIES BABUM !

sry... couldnt resist :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
may i add that um THEY ARE DOING THIS OUT OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL! you know future trunks if they wanted to the esf team could just say "yep, im bored with this im done." and they could all leave, and no more new versions of esf. not just that but if you dont like 1.2 try playing 1.1. 1.0 betas and 1.9 and 2.0 alpha. if you think 1.2 is so easy id like to see you fight me. then tell me how easy it is. and if you were refering to the bots take them off easy and choose super bot or best.

Best answers
I would totally rip your post up Gohan, but:
A) Joe / Phat already did
B) Too Lazy / Busy
C) Your post isn't worth tearing apart anyway.

So yea. If you need more than this, refer to Joe and Phat's posts.

Best answers
I recommend the thread's author makes sure that he has the latest version of the bots, and that he actually sets their difficulty to the highest possible.

Very few mods come with bots, and fewer still with ones that are as well done as the ESFBot. I doubt whether Future_Gohan can hold his own against the best bots.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's MY negatives about 1.2:

People like Future Gohan play it.
Disclaimer: That's just my opinion. :0)

Now...on to topic...I'll do my best, boys...

No transformation
As said already, no new transformations were being added. But I'm going to assume that you feel that they are long overdue. We didn't even HAVE transformations back in the Alpha...or melee...or 9 characters...you ought to be thankful to have one.
No new charz
Half-Life can only hold 9 at a time anyway, I think; unless you do sub classes, etc. But regardless of that, who the hell do you want? Dr. Gero? Pui Pui!? And when they only have ONE move, what then...are you going to complain about that, too?
And it was before in 1.1 how? It's closer to what DBZ is like than any other DBZ game ever made...
What exactly is so different about them? Kame in the show is a big blue blast of energy with a massive explosion...kame in esf is a massive big blue blast of energy with a massive explosion. For crying out loud, even most of the colors are right. And the example you give with the spirit bomb...that is probably the most accurate attack in the game compared to the show!!
Sure the models could use a bit of an update but that is really a minor gripe--you can go download a different one, if it bothers you so much. More importantly, you're complaining about a game's graphics...you obviously never played Alpha. If the team had thought like you, we'd all still be playing that one city map with HL2-looking Vegetas and no melee, no detail, no swoop, no speed, no transformations, and most importantly, NO FUN. A rival mod of ESF's that will remain nameless is trying to do this...they're on life support now. Nuff said.
So you'd rather go into a server and get your ass kicked in every time you booted up the game? You'd rather never see SSJ because some Buu is transformed and is bodyslamming you all over the map, swooping in zig zags with 350% normal mouse sensitivity so he can 1.1 melee you five times before you even start to fly away? Is that what you want?
Bots are stupid and dumb
You must somehow have them set to auto-adjust to you, then.
2 much bugs
Like what? On Steam there are a couple but not NEARLY as many as any other release. You're obviously using WON, though, since you complain about so many lame cosmetic things. Well, sorry kid--tell your dad you need to actually BUY a legit half-life copy for it's cd key so you can make a properly functioning steam account and play with the big boys. Then tell him you need to take out the Voodoo2 and get a GeforceFX or Radeon for it to look right. Then, when you realize your six-year-old compaq only has 8 bit pci slots on it's board, and you fry it because you open it up on the carpet, you can cave, and go buy a new computer, and then get back to me on bugs and problems you have. I bet they'll be significantly less--in ALL of your applications.
2 much lagg
You shouldn't leave iMesh on while you play. I know, I know, Lindsay Lohan is really hot and you REALLY want to see Freaky Friday, but take my word on this one--it's not worth screwing up your internet gaming.
That is the team's fault how? That is a concern for this forum how? Honestly...on STEAM, WHERE I PLAY, there are actually 50+ servers.
CS hasn't had a new gamemode since it was created. What's your point? Any mode that involves WAITING FOR OTHER PLAYERS TO HAVE A FIGHT BEFORE YOU GET TO PLAY kind of puts a dent on my playing experience, personally.
Trans killing
Oh no, not that...
Better environment
24 bit textures on steam...if you shut off software rendering, I bet it'll even show you all the auras, rocks, beams and attacks how they're supposed to be
More ki attacks
Like what? They're all in the game already...
I'll bet my left leg you're playing wav files. lol
Mp3 editplayer has no volume
You can set mp3 volume in the console...
What are you talking about? They are more like it then ever before, and if anything, they are better looking. I'd like them to be a little bigger, personally, but they look GREAT...if you set up the game right and have a decent rig.
The only way this would make sense, is in the event where you take a direct hit from a huge beam and survive. Not to mention mdl changes would cause *****ing lag.
lack of popularity
Before Beta1.2, this mod was briefly number one on moddb by a large margin. So that's just plain incorrect.

Pick up your pants, your age is showing. :0(

Some people, man...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Future_Gohan said:
and how would you know if i could smoke bots or not?
You've made several post stating you don't quite understand the combo system. I'm pretty sure the bots kick your ass... Hell, I have troubles with them and I've been playing 1.2 for a year.

And really man, we put so much effort into our replies and all you could say is "and how would you know if i could smoke bots or not?"
Put your soul into it! ^_^

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride, while I agree with most of your post, dismissing new characters the way you did doesn't make any sense.

There's lots of legitimate characters to be added, who aren't like "Pui Pui."

Any of the androids, Tien, maybe one or two of the Ginyu Force.. Even Mr. Satan, using technology rather then just 'ki.'

Also, there's nothing wrong with adding Dr. Gero. He had more then enough abilities, including eye lasers, life absorption, and a ki-attack (I don't recall the name), I believe, in the manga.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
If you want battle damaged models, download them and replace the current ones. Everything that could be said about your thread has allready been said, go play cs if you dont like this mod, im sure they will honor your request for battle damage models and realistic explosions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Pride, while I agree with most of your post, dismissing new characters the way you did doesn't make any sense.

There's lots of legitimate characters to be added, who aren't like "Pui Pui."

Any of the androids, Tien, maybe one or two of the Ginyu Force.. Even Mr. Satan, using technology rather then just 'ki.'

Also, there's nothing wrong with adding Dr. Gero. He had more then enough abilities, including eye lasers, life absorption, and a ki-attack (I don't recall the name), I believe, in the manga.
Well, I se eyour point, Alea. But I guess what I meant to insinuate was more like...would I prefer Alpha 2's gameplay with 27 characters to choose from, or would I prefer what we've got now. The answer to that, for me, is Beta 1.2 all the way. I wouldn't mind having some new characters down the line--but there's OTHER STUFF that needs to be done first, in my estimation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom