strat guide

Best answers
we all know that using all the stuff in the game each in turn isn't going to get you anywhere.
the idea is to use nifty combonations of them, so here is a list of stuff I tried and it worked for me .
generic
double melee. not double teaming, which is bad but double melee. when you hit an enemy with basic melee, dont leave him, swoop at him again and give him a second hit. after the secong hit, shoot a little ki blast or even a gen ball to finish him off.
aggression. not a special combo, but you should always be the attacker in the combat. if you aren't the attacker, your enemy will take the adventage and will get you bitten up.

buu
double buu melee. double melee, but instead of shooting a gen ball, you swoop right at him, and then using candy on them. with some luck, you could candify them.

goku
nothing. almost never playing that char, so i cant help you with it.

gohan
double gohan melee. double melee, but instead of doing a gen ball, you do a masenko at him to finish him off.

krillin
solar disk. swoop at your target, he will probably press block for he think you are going to do melee. but instewad of melee, you do a solar flare,
and while he is blind, you power up and charge a destructo disk to kill him. untill he can see the disk coming, it is too late for him.

frieza
ki laser. shoot a few ki blasts at your enemy, and most chances he will block them all. then you have the chance to laser the *** outta him.
large ki cost, but very effective.

piccolo
scatter laser. shoot some aimed scatter shots at your enemy, slowly moving towards him. then you use the eye laser using a full burst. at the end you can run away, and use it again, or you can melee him.

trunks
see goku.

vegeta
double vegeta melee. double melee, but instead of
a gen ball, you shoot a nice galitgun. if you are transformed, big bang should work a hell lot better.

cell
special beam disk. shoot a min charge special beam cannon. if they block it, you have a handfull of time to charge a frieza disk and kill them. if they dont, the special beam cannon should get you a ****load of damage and still, the new explosion should "blind" them and give you the time to fire that disk.

note: those combonations were attempted only by a single person, those realying only on my experience.

Best answers
Try using teleport instead of a second swoop. Unless you're Evil Buu/Mystic Krillin, swooping won't usually get you there in time.

Don't charge a heavy beam (i.e. gallit gun, masenko) after hitting them. They take up a fair deal of ki, and there's no assurance that they'll hit - unless the enemy's out of ki, they'll recover before you fire it. Just fire a few straight ki blasts at them (10 damage each, I believe) or in V's case, a turbo'd minimum gen ball.

If you're fairly close to the ground, you can just get enough time to fire off a minimum SBC; throw the enemy to the ground at an angle, so they don't walljump and instead roll around. They not only have to recover to stop rolling, but also to get up. By this time, you should be able to work out where they're going to be when they stop, and fire before they get there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystic Snidely said:
Try using teleport instead of a second swoop. Unless you're Evil Buu/Mystic Krillin, swooping won't usually get you there in time.
You won't get there in time after the new patch unless your transformed, so teleports all the way :p

Best answers
Yep the teleport is the only way...can u hit the guy more then 2 times?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, if you knock them on the floor i believe you can. (the floor acts as a second hit) Otherwise, no.

Best answers
effective stategy = squeeze all the damage you can out of every opportunity. ki balls, gen balls, throwing and hitting multiple surfaces are just some of the things you can do.

Best answers
I like using the disk trick. You melee+telemelee someone, and while they're busy getting mad you charge a minimal disk. More often than not they'll come raging straight back into you and you chop em with your disk. Skilled people caught by this know to watch disk-bearing characters, but the newbs dont and they keep repeating their mistake :)

On a related note... I've hit a guy twice in mid-air using teleporting, he hit the floor and i teleported down there by accident, but... then it telemelee'd him again. Unexpected but cool, because it killed him ^^. I've tried to do it again but to no avail, hard to telemelee on a 56k =/
It's probably a feature, but i had no idea it was there.

Best answers
yeah, if they're rolling on the ground, you can do a simple melee on them, but not if they're flat and stationary. it always kicks them back into the air too, so you can head straight for them as they're probably a little bit disorientated

Best answers
you can do double 1.1 melee anywhere, even triple and depending on thier ki (pretty much extinguised) ive had 5 hits :yes: , it normally takes 2 or 3 teleports to get to them in time b4 they recover.

Your Krillin strat is kinda like mine but heavily flawed, it relys on the target staying still, if ever im flashed I teleport sideways as much as I can. Its better to 1.1 melee then charge ur disc, tho if a person instantly charges at you (need to know if he does b4 u charge disc) then teleport backwards once or twice, whatever makes u feel happy.

Best answers
assaf said:
krillin
solar disk. swoop at your target, he will probably press block for he think you are going to do melee. but instewad of melee, you do a solar flare,
and while he is blind, you power up and charge a destructo disk to kill him. untill he can see the disk coming, it is too late for him.
lol on which persons did you try that? I guess they just started playing or something...
people who have even a little bit of skill just teleport the crap outa their ki or just drop if theyre in air and dont have much ki left
in other words, almost no way you get a hit with a destructo disc on someone you just flared.
if they hear the discs sound they surely start running or teleporting :S

Best answers
There’s something that many people don't realise saves a lot of KI and time. Multiple swooping. Teleporting takes up way to much energy to be useful to a low PL player, and even to a player with infinite KI to play around with, although it may be instant, you are completely undefended immediately after you materialise. I’ve seen many E.S.F. players get wasted when they get all disoriented because the teleport to get away from a nasty melee battle.

Anyhoo, to fill one of the blanks:
Goku has one good attack, and that is his secondary Genki bomb. I find that since it’s a lob, there’s always room to cut and run. Adopt your own style of melee. And DO NOT TRANSFORM. You lose one attack and become a target. I have never once seen his Kame Torpedoes successfully used in an ambush, so I wouldn’t use them, his Genki bomb is great, but too noticeable (although, the not using up your own KI thing gives you lots of room) Kamehameha is just a souped up generic beam, although in a power struggle you can put a heck of a lot of energy into them. I find on laggy servers a slower swoop is your friend. You can catch up to transformed players if you have enough patience to chase (this is where multiple swoop comes in), then, once you have a hold of him, get all the PL you can. Goku with a PL of 2.5 million fires a mean secondary Genki, that might I say rivals other player’s transformed attacks. Eventually you will hit your PL limit (that is, at your skill, you loose as much PL in death as you gain in life). With this transform and have your fun before the server either changes maps or crashes. Everybody will hate you for it, though.

Best answers
Yeah you're right. Multiple swooping is great with characters like Buu, or transformed krillin. It's so fast your opponent hasn't got a clue what's going on. It's also much, much easier than telemelee.

Best answers
...I can swoop a second time and make it with even gohan, trunks, piccilo and frieza.. not that hard you just need to be fast.---------teleporting takes up toooooo much ki

Best answers
There is one good reason to transform as Goku...his ability to teleport while charging. I've wasted several people with big kamehamehas because they shot a beam, and i tele'd out of the way, and nailed them first.

Best answers
Yeah you're right gohan, just did it. It's harder because you've gotta be quick, and that's difficult with 300+ ping ^_^. I found a server where i got 180 though and it was much easier. I'm literally twice as good as usual in that server. Man i hate 56k.

Best answers
well i dont know about you, but telemelee costs wayyyy to much ki, so i use swoop 1.1 melee swoop 1.1 melee and a gen ball. oh and themadcapguenon (?) i posted combo's to use, not a overall look on the char.

Best answers
one thing i wanna know....is y post this on the forums...where everyone will see it...and be able to beat it now...it defeats the whole purpose of the game...just like whenever someone posted the damned combos...now every newb and their dog uses em and they are useless cause they are blocked so easily...

part of having a strategy is keeping it secret...do u think that if u were at war u would send the enemy a letter telling them everything u are gonna do? I didnt think so...doing this only invites ppl to all fight the same way making the game boring and monotonous...and there have been enuff complaints about that without ppl posting their fighting styles on the forums for every lazy noob that just dled the game to pick up and use instead of finding out how to fight on their own

Best answers
these are very simple things, very very easy to pull off,
and better combonations aren't gonna get posted.
i made this thread to give some help to ever-owned-by-everyone new guys.

Best answers
MysticUub said:
one thing i wanna know....is y post this on the forums...where everyone will see it...and be able to beat it now...it defeats the whole purpose of the game...

i was having reserves about posting my strat and ur post made me delete it. it's my strategy and ya'll aint gonna rip it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom