Rate it

Best answers
Ok I havent had the luxury to play esf 1.2 yet because everytime I download it, it says its corrupt no matter where at what download manager I use it always says it. But I would like to know from a scale to 1-10 what would you rate esf? Rate it by gameplay, sounds ,gfx etc.........

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
assuming you mean 10 most 1 least:

Game Play: 8 (They Need to change Advanced melee so its more skill than chance, also double tap swoop isnt so sensitive making it difficult to swoop at times)

Sounds: 10 (Because the sounds come straight from the show. But it would be nice to hear a little more talking. Like when they trans, im taking about vegeta. cuz he's awsome)

gfx: 10 (It really depends on how you have your settings i have mine all on the lowest they can go. but if you set them all to high, its really nice)

Camera Style: 10 (I love what they did how you can rotate the camera angle and zoom in and out. very very nice, and it automatically is in "rotate" mode when you trans so you can move your mouse and the camera moves)

Over all the games great. but it still needs work, but then again its not done. so yeah. I prolly forgot to rate a few things. if i remember ill edit my post

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gameplay: 5.4

sound: 8.6

gfx: 3.2

sight: 5.4

i have to be hard on this, it just isn't the way i play on my good way.

Best answers
Ninjitsu eh! hey its me, the dba sound artist, raiden on there forums :D..

Gameplay: 6
Sound: 4
GFX: 7
Animations: 8

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameplay: 5
Sound: 8
GFX: 7
Animations: 8

The gameplay is meh. I really like the way they did the animations though.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameplay: 7.0

ESF is a deatmatch orientated game and the options you have are important. As of now, the game is just swooping and beams. The DDR-ish advanced melee keeps my rating from becoming a 6.0, but I still think they could improve gameplay in many areas. This theory involving more game modes. Capture the Flag seems to be a popular idea... though DMZ exercised it at first. The ESF team should do a lot better job with it.

Sounds: 9.0

Freedom has definately done his job in this department, allowing players to use either English or Japanese packs. The sounds are crisp and remain true to the show. Not much else could be said than... Freedom has done a very good job.

GFX: 7.5

It's the original Half-Life engine (released in 1998) and isn't top notch.. but it's not something you should sleep on. (it was game of the year) Some aspects are good and some are not. Good ones being the limits you can take the coding, and the bad ones being the realistic aspects (destructable terrain)

Animations: 8.0

In the words of PcJoe himself, "Darktooth has put out so much animation it's unbelievable" and that couldn't be further from the truth. The original ESF models weren't bad, but they lacked in realism. Darktooth has worked long hours making the sprites and model animations top notch. He deserves an award :D

Best answers
Gameplay - 5.0 -9.0
Depends on who you're fighting and whether or not the server you're on is filled with a bunch of *******s. Get into a decent fight and it's great.
Sounds - 8.0
It all sounds pretty authentic, stays true to the show and such. There's not much to fault with it save for the generic beam sound.
GFX - 7.0
Good for the Half Life engine but, being honest, it's hardly good by todays standards. I've given it a 7 just for what they have actually managed to achieve with it, because although it doesn't look great it looks far better than the original Half Life.
Animations - 9.0
Generally great and really create the feeling of the fighting in the show. There are 1 or 2 anims I don't like in advanced melee but other than that they're great.

Overall - 8.5
If you do get to experience the game on a good server, fighting with a good person, then you'll find it really captures the essence of Dragonball Z. It just falls short of being the best due to a few bugs that should hopefully be sorted in the new patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom