MechMod Water Trailer Video

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.planethalflife.com

MechMod's version for Half-Life 1, which will soon be out in the public's hands (or hard disks to be precise), is a stepping stone towards something much bigger. We have put a lot of effort to try and make our HL1 version's only release as pleasing as possible in terms of graphical advancements and mecha action. So we now present Step 1 of 3 of our release process, a video demo to the 3D water effects that MechMod has to offer. Pushing the boundaries of the Half-Life 1 engine? Our lead graphics programmer, Jason, certainly tries to - as he is the main man to credit behind our graphics.
MechMod Water Trailer

Main Featured Content: Realistic Water Using OpenGL
Video Codec Used: XviD [ link ]
Audio Codec Used: MPEG Layer 3
Music Used: Motorcycle - As the rush comes
File Size: 37.8 MB

Right click and save target as...

Mirror 1, France, thanks to ZacK
Mirror 2, USA, thanks to MasterChopChop
Mirror 3, USA, thanks to Kurt
Mirror 4, USA, thanks to Snow
Mirror 5, Netherlands, thanks to Saido

---

What do you guys think? :0

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread has the Deverz seal of approval

Unfortunatly the seal is unappropraite for forum use so you have to trust me on this

Best answers
I like the water effect, diffenently on the HL1 engine

Best answers
I can't view it. It makes winamp and windows media player crash.

Best answers
I have the codec. I have all the codecs required to play xvid, and divix video files.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try right clicking and select save as, it doesn't stream well.

WOW, I haven't followed this mod as much as I wanted to and I must say I'm impressed with the things I'm seeing. o_O

Best answers
Tried that cuc, still don't work. danmit i wanna see..............BLAH!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just fell in love. Nice job. I didnt think that that engine could actively reflect.
I noticed something though. Did I see the 1.2 air bubble at bottom trick or was the water just playing a trick.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THis is PUSHING THE ENGINE TO THE LIMIT! You accoplished an amazing effect that probably took an unbelieable amount of work, and I am glad that I've actively followed this mode in the last couple months.

I salute you.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm impressed, as always with MM media (yes I check now and again, but not forums) and wow I know I'll never be able to run it nicely :p Looks like the sys reqs make ESF look like a pansy :p

-Karrde-

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From afar, I thought, looks good... Close up I then though...omfg...THIS is running on the HL1 Engine?!..
I'm really surpised, I never thought WATER would look that good, I'd say that the water looks prettymuch as good as HL2's but without being able to see "through" the water.
Greeat job MM team, I sure'lly wont be able to play it though lol.

Bolteh2

B
nice effect on the hl1 engine.. but its scaled too big to have a realistic feel to eat.. looks neat from a big distance, but from up close its overdone and sickening (in a bad way)

nice attempt tho

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to see you even try to attempt something of that magnitude on the half life engine :/. It looks 20x better than the cheesy moving water texture.

All the engine needs now is bump mapping/parallax mapping ;).

Bolteh2

B
This isn't about me being able to do something like that (i can't code, so i know that i wont be able to pull that off) it's just that it's a nice attempt, and it DOES look good when you're looking straight ahead, but when you get close to the water and look down, it looks somewhat fake (almost like chrome)

imho, the effect is overdone and it should be toned down to give it a water-look instead of chrome

PS: bumpmapping is supported in hl

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do agree with bolty on the effect being overdone, if it were toned down a bit it would be that much nicer.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw the original water movie a few months ago on the MM site, didn't have any gundam in it, though, or music.

It looks nice--but my problem with it, like before, is it looks like you guys animated one small section VERY well, and then copied+pasted it everywhere. It doesn't look "random" or "chaotic" like real water does.
I presume you'll be able to fix that on HL2, though.. so good job.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This mod looks very nice. seems a little slow paced, judging on how fast the gundam/mech moved. if they sped it up a bit i think it would look better

Bolteh said:
PS: bumpmapping is supported in hl
yuuwhaaa? in hl 1? id need to see this for myself

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
looks very nice, somewhat repettitive though (spelled right? looks like its repeating itself ... :p)
and btw

release the friggin fgd already >_< ... told ya like 4 month ago >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom