ESF A-Z

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After watching the Red Dwarf A-Z, I thought i'd do one for ESF:

A is for Advanced Melee:
Implemented in v1.2, managed to split the community into the faithful v1.2'ers who enjoy the new features and DBZ style fighting, and the 'elite' v1.1 players who believe they're better because they mastered an outdated version.

B is for Beamjumping:
The art of pushing yourself along with a beam. No matter how it's implemented, there's always someone who will whine that it's unfair and unbalanced and should be removed because they lost to somebody that beamjumped.

C is for 'Create New Game...':
Where it all begins...

D is for Dying:
It happens, a lot. If you've been killed by anything other than a beam shot directly to the face, the other person is clearly hacking. Be sure that they know that you know this by informing them in caps. On respawning, you get a nice halo.

E is for ESF:
What this A-Z is about :p

F is for Flying
If you can't get the hang of this, you may as well give up now. Vital for everyone from the n00biest of n00bs to the best of the best, allows for some great air battles. FACT: You spent more time in the air than on the ground. Probably.

G is for Goku
Protagonist of DB/Z/GT, considered overpowered by many in ESF. He is the perfect match for Buu who is also considered to be overpowered. Has the Spirit Bomb which uses no ki and does enormous damage.

H is for HOWers:
Abolished by the coming of v1.2, the HOWers (Head On Whores) fled to an underground labyrinth of tunnels where they continued to play v1.1 and basic melee each other to death.

I is for Idiots:
Everyones favorite breed of player. Upon seeing a free, anonymous DBZ game, they swarm in like locusts, asking how you fly, how you fuse, how you go to SSJ4, then advertise their sites, spam, ignore the stickies, flame and then leave, returning under a different pseudonym.

J is for Jumping:
And the funky noise it makes, you can jump off of walls too.

K is for Kamehameha:
The signature attack of Goku, also used by Krillin, Gohan and Cell. A powerful beam that is a in constant debate over whether it should be stronger or weaker than the Gallit Gun.

L is for LMAO:
The response ellicited when somebody kills themselves by accident. If you see this more than 3 times per game, leave.

M is for Models:
And their constant improvements, hats off to GodGundam and Eclipse for producing some of the finest DBZ models ever. Also expertly skinned.

N is for New Version:
The most common subject on ESF Chat. Threads asking about the 'new versions release date' usually get closed within minutes.

O is for OMG:
"OMG how did u dodge all of my arrows??!" "OMG how did you survive my beam!?!" It stands for Oh My God if you didn't know. Popular variants include OMFG, ZOMG, OMG!!!!!11!!11one and OMGoose.

P is for Players
Without them, the game would have been strangled at birth. P is also for Powerlevels.

Q is for Questions:
See O, N and I.

R is for Renzoku:
A popular topic on the Suggestions forums, made useless in v1.2, hopefully fixed in v1.3.

S is for Scouter:
Find your opponents, check their PL's, find the Dragonballs, what can't they do? One of the greatest additions to a DBZ game, now available in three colours.

T is for Tien:
A.K.A the communities contribution to v1.3, mostly talk, little action. One failed competition later and it looks like it's starting up again, people (including myself) are actually doing stuff.

U is for Uub:
Because U is always for Uub. Suggested and requested ad infinum. When the question 'What moves would he have?' is asked, silence fills the thread, and it dies, cold and alone.

V is for Vegeta:
The antagonist of DBZ and the most popular character in ESF, also the subject matter for a large amount of Signatures.

W is for WTF:
See "O is for OMG"

X is for X:
The number of months until v1.3 is released

Y is for Yoga:
Through intense sessions of meditation, you can become one with the game in a Zen-like manner. Or you could increase your mouse sensitivity.

Z is for Z:
The series of Dragonball that inspired DBZ, this is where it all started.

Yeah, I was bored. If you fancy teaching your kids the alphabet AND about ESF, but don't have the time to do both, i've just saved you valuable seconds. Feel free to add your own :D

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, you must have been bored.

O IS FOR OPTIMUS PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME =D

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bored doesn't quite describe it. Umm... What should we say in response? Good Job?

Anyway R should be for Rocky - self proclaimed greatest ESF player

Best answers
F= is for final flash, can be used by uber-pr0s to wipe out entire maps in one go if they have a big pl

Best answers
Rocky87 said:
Bored doesn't quite describe it. Umm... What should we say in response? Good Job?

Anyway R should be for Rocky - self proclaimed greatest ESF player
B is for Bullsh-Moveing swiftly on , I don't really see the point to this thread , other than that its funny :rolleyes:

Best answers
raven not bad specialy X since that is the most inportant to get across to new people to the board. also N = NEVER going to be ported to HL2

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
F= is for final flash, can be used by uber-pr0s to wipe out entire maps in one go if they have a big pl
right...

R is for Renzoku:
A popular topic on the Suggestions forums, made useless in v1.2, hopefully fixed in v1.3.
i hear that my man

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I is for Idiots:
Everyones favorite breed of player. Apon seeing a free, anonomous DBZ game, they swarm in like locusts, asking how you fly, how you fuse, how you go to SSJ4, then advertise their sites, spam, ignore the stickies, flame and then leave, returning under a different psudoneum.
Upon. Anonymous. Pseudonym.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
M is for Models:
And their constant improvements, hats off to GodGundam for producing some of the finest DBZ models ever. Also expertly skinned.
i think this is the best part of this entire thread =p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jump when you fire a beam at a surface =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Be a few feet off the ground, fire a generic beam (for example) at any surface like the floor or a mountain or something, then press and hold jump :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
90% of this is so true.. lol

how long did this take exactly?

PS: check your pms RavenDust!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I is for the Iron Fist I have at my disposal, the Iron Fist I must protect and gaurd as a promise to my ancestors.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, sorry R.T, check'd!

Um, it took me about 40 minutes, Y gave me a bit of trouble :p

Best answers
Ravendust said:
O is for OMG:
"OMG how did u dodge all of my arrows??!" "OMG how did you survive my beam!?!" It stands for Oh My God if you didn't know. Popular variants include OMFG, ZOMG, OMG!!!!!11!!11one and OMGoose.
OMG-ay/OMFG-ay (why is g-a-y blocked?) is what me and my friends came up with ;) never heard goose though... did u make that up?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
M could be Maps aswell ... ;)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
F is for Faction:Catalyst taking over the Fight Club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom