1.3 PL Rate of Gain

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm kind of confused.

There are lots of transes in 1.3? yes.

What will be the power level required to get tot he additional transes?

How long will it take. For noobs, and maybe other people i dont know, just getting to vegetas super saiyin state takes a long time. Even krillin.

I want to know how fast you will gain pl.

Because i hate it when i am having a hard time gaining pl then i get transed then 10 seconds later the server restarts. Wtf

So hows the power level thing goign to be balanced, and what are you going to do to help noobs. Because i'm sure as hell going to be pissed if i see ss3 goku kicking me around as soon as i join the game, being un able to move or fight back.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anybody that needs to be ssj3 to beat a newb deserves the title for themselves. Fighting as a ssj3 also means that for each hit you land you will gain a ton of PL, while he gains next to nothing, and indeed will lose PL if plcatchup is on because he will die sooner or later.

If its anything like EVM, and lets hope its not, the only result of later transformations is a touch more speed and stronger attacks, so skill can usually win anyway.

And the newbies will have fast trans characters, like Gohan and Trunks, that can make ssj relatively fast so they can at least compete. Nobody knows what the PL requirements will be for the additional transformations, so who is to say how long it takes to go from ssj to ssj2 or what have you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in evm they also took LESS damage and had MORE health. Making it tiring to kill them.

Best answers
The Team has said before (cant remember who said it, Masta? Joe? cant remember) that you wont have to play for an hour to hit the final trans. So they might accelerate PL gains. I mean this game is a deathmatch type of game. Its like in Unreal Tournament, The game dosent make you wait for an hour for Redeemers to spawn.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank god its not like that! But Im positive that they will make it faster. Either rate of gain will increase or to trans will be halved. Like Vegeta getting 2 million to go SSJ it would be 1.5 million. Either one will make the game 20 times better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You cant lower it too much or the transformations will mean nothing. They have to be something you need to work for.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
You cant lower it too much or the transformations will mean nothing. They have to be something you need to work for.
Agreed.. the very thing i like about ESF is it's gameplay as it is right now.. (was better in 1.1.... sorry.. :scared: )

The fact that if you are a stronger player, YOU ARE A STRONGER PLAYER...

If your powerlevel is higher, you character can take more hits from low PL players, and can dish out much bigger damage..
Your skill reflects in your abilities ingame...

That's why i think not every noob should be able to reach for example SSJ3 online..

Cuz that would come down to the fact that better players would be able to dominate a server for like 45 mins, and then everybody would have reached their final transformation.. leaving the only difference between good and bad players their Powerlevel.. just as it is now in 1.1 and 1.2, when everybody is able to trans... :S

There should remain a difference in ability, if you want to be able to go for example SSJ3, train against bots or something and make sure you can kick ass online as wel..
(If you can't own any type of bot, you should go and play pokemon or something.. o_O )
Difference in only PL isn't enough, and makes sure that there is sort of a "boredom-timer" on the game, when everybody can do the same.. and when playing any further isn't that rewarding anymore.. like in 1.1 ánd 1.2...
(moves, speed, etc )

There should also be a set amount of PL you lose each time you die.. (varying from form to form..)

Just my opinion though.. :tired:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There should also be a set amount of PL you lose each time you die.
I think this is a better way to go about it than plcatchup. You shouldnt be penalized for winning, or rewarded for doing poorly. A small penalty for being killed sounds better, but nothing too much or ascending would take forever. Just enough to make you think twice about being wreckless in your fighting.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
I think this is a better way to go about it than plcatchup. You shouldnt be penalized for winning, or rewarded for doing poorly. A small penalty for being killed sounds better, but nothing too much or ascending would take forever. Just enough to make you think twice about being wreckless in your fighting.
Exactly.. right now, it's allmost impossible to gain a considerable PL advantage over your opponent.. not even when you are owning him so hard you can see digital tears... :S
Of course you can have like 1 or 2 million more, but in 1.1, if you were better, this would totaly reflect in your PL and the gap between you and your opponent..

Don't even get me started about playing as Cell in 1.2..
But i'm sure the team won't let us down.. :laff:

*EDIT

Yes, i am aware of the fact that you can turn of "closer to server average stuff", but even then...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what if you just downloaded this game and you want to try it then your just getting your ass kicked and your like man, this is ***, why did i waste a week downloading this on my 28k.

Best answers
I'm a noob and I really think they should keep it high. I like roll playing games where you level and I also like FPS. It is what makes it such a great game.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Yeah but then you create the scenario where newbies who don't know much about the game are completely unable to get any kills because they're forced to play regular level vs. someone else who already has SSJ2. They're gonna get owned even worse then. They'll quickly decide that the game sucks and never play again.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a suggestion for the "omg ssj3! and i just joined" thing. why not lower players have a damage resistance if the higher players are Incredibly high, (and i mean pretty high). example, lets say somones been playing and has a PL of like 10 or 15million or so and i join with 750,000. Past a point the low pl players should have a damage resistance against those really high pls but act normal within the radius of like 8-9mill pl difference?

I think ill post this in suggestions actually

Best answers
power levels dont make that much of a difference you can still beat a ssj3 goku with 40,000,000 when your like 8,000,000 and not even transformed yet all my friends who lan with me transform as soon as possible i never transform unless its urgent i can still beat them nomatter what power they are... you should have a buttonwhere you can actualy raise your pl by powering up its how it is in show it wouldnt need to be a fast power up but enough to feel fun

Best answers
Why not make a mode that noobs would like and would be easy for them. I just started and you guys go all out crazy on my ass tellaporting and than raping me in the ass and I turn around and you tellaport behind me and rape me in the ass again. Like some CTF with no tellaporting or something like that. Reason people dont play is because it takes forever to get good at this game and once they see that they dont play it. My very frist time I couldt even land a blow once on a person.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Graive said:
power levels dont make that much of a difference you can still beat a ssj3 goku with 40,000,000 when your like 8,000,000 and not even transformed yet
tell that to a fully charged kame in the center of the map, the reisistant people will survive this than the ones close to their level, but melee would probably act the same.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
dont compare 1.3 to evm on 1.2 ... its not like you get 3562985250mil pl like in evm

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Coolrider64n said:
Why not make a mode that noobs would like and would be easy for them. I just started and you guys go all out crazy on my ass tellaporting and than raping me in the ass and I turn around and you tellaport behind me and rape me in the ass again. Like some CTF with no tellaporting or something like that. Reason people dont play is because it takes forever to get good at this game and once they see that they dont play it. My very frist time I couldt even land a blow once on a person.

Capture the flag? Yes

People stop playing cuz they aren't used a game where the diffculty isn't controlable is a bit winy. The think with multiplayer games when you have to ver REAL people, is that you can't expect them to be near your level at all times. Just practice with bots until you can hold your own, or go into into the le ss popular servers. Disabling a move just to make it easier for newbies and less fun for normal player is just silly

As for the pl, why should someone lose powever level just cuz no one else is as high as he/she is? People should just gain a LOT more powerlevel gain a pop when they they hit a very higher player. Anyone lower than the average server's power level, should be raised. If someone wants to even it out, they should transform and a giant super beam shouldnt kill someone who is tranformed instantly, because they should get a defence bonus as well, so a ssj2 goku kamehamhe towards a ssj2 vegeta should act similar to a normal kamehameha to a normal vegeta basically. Someone shouldn't lose powerleve just cuz new people come in...

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Capture the flag? Yes

People stop playing cuz they aren't used a game where the diffculty isn't controlable is a bit winy. The think with multiplayer games when you have to ver REAL people, is that you can't expect them to be near your level at all times. Just practice with bots until you can hold your own, or go into into the le ss popular servers. Disabling a move just to make it easier for newbies and less fun for normal player is just silly

As for the pl, why should someone lose powever level just cuz no one else is as high as he/she is? People should just gain a LOT more powerlevel gain a pop when they they hit a very higher player. Anyone lower than the average server's power level, should be raised. If someone wants to even it out, they should transform and a giant super beam shouldnt kill someone who is tranformed instantly, because they should get a defence bonus as well, so a ssj2 goku kamehamhe towards a ssj2 vegeta should act similar to a normal kamehameha to a normal vegeta basically. Someone shouldn't lose powerleve just cuz new people come in...
Thats why you make a new mode. And I mean real capture the flag with flags. And just disable tellaporting for just that mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom