Xbox One

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
You're making an assumption as to what will happen 10 years from now based on information you have before the console has even been released. Obviously things will change from now to then.
No. It's based on information we already know from the conference/interviews from Microsoft reps themselves. Seems like you're in denial over Microsoft's failure. That's ok.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How does that have any bearing on what I stated?

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
PS4 is like XB1 but literately better in EVERY aspect that XB1 failed to be successful at.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We'll see in 5 years.

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sorry Diom but, PS4 wins this generation. Just like how my PS1 kicked ass.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;5qZc1Gy7Qww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qZc1Gy7Qww[/video]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wasn't cause 360 wasn't an XB1.
It was because it had better games and better online support/play. I don't see that changing for the X1 so far, but again, its too early to tell.

Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There's a difference between technical difficulties that are easily fixed and bullshitty features included within a console from a multi-millionaire company.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Not again.

Let me attempt to settle this.

Sony have won the upper hand because they did not create a system that is ridden with DRM and restrictions and while DRM BS is possible in this consoles case it's up to the publisher if they want to go with it. They however are known for quite more than a few technical mock-ups that either come from users or they themselves and end up breaking something. I've never heard of permanent damage happening.

Microsoft have lost because they flat out stabbed themselves in the foot. Not entirely a technical fault but rather a poor business decision. Restricting the number of customers they can have from across the world, DRM that restricts you and makes you do their bidding so that you are still allowed to play on the console, focusing on an audience that doesn't really exist at first and leaving gamers second, you name them. I have not heard of many technical mock-ups on their side, or hacks, not so big that they would make the news, but they are not unheard of. You just have to be unlucky. (note: stupid people don't count, both have those).

Once they clean up this bullshit, hopefully in less than a year, such a big difference between the two of them will cease to exist and we'll be back arguing about whether or not the other is better or lesser even when we ourselves won't know exactly why, who or where, but har har let's argue har har, PC's better than any of them anyway.

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* WONK!

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a difference between technical difficulties that are easily fixed and bullshitty features included within a console from a multi-millionaire company.
I'd rather have a bullshit feature than a bricked console.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
According to other sources, it has something to do with the systems that got an upgraded hard-drive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

Tbh, I'm much too lazy today to google around for similar incidents with Microsoft that they decided to fix quickly and then deny that there was ever a problem, so just read a few sentences down. Microsoft has had alot of problems with bricking. It's not something that is influenced by hardware. I wouldn't hold a problem like this against either side.

Usually quick to fix anyway. At the very worst, you may have to send your console into a retailer for maintenance.

I'm also placing a pre-order today, but I'm kinda against the wall about it in case Microsoft releases some press statement that completely changes my mind about the Xbone at some point this year. But if I don't pre-order I probably won't be able to get a ps4 for 6 months after release...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had zero problems with my 360. Zero. I bought one once I knew the rrod was a non factor and its been nothing but unadulterated joy since. Its too late in the game to be ******* up software upgrades to the point that your system gets bricked. Its sloppy and avoidable.

I suggest preordering from amazon. I preordered both and I'll cancel whichever one sucks more closer to release date since you don't get charged until it ships. You're also guaranteed to get it day 1.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never had a problem with either console, either. Doesn't mean problems don't exist for both. And I happen to remember an enormous hardware issue from the xbox's release that Microsoft tried to sweep under the rug.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're comparing a release product to something that just happened. There's basically nothing to worry about with the 360 at this point. The same should be true of the PS3 as we're at the tail end of this generation. There's just no excuse for this kind of mistake, and its the kind of thing that has kept me from embracing the PS3.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's kinda the same thing. There's no reason Microsoft should have released a console with such serious overheat issues and, even though it's limited to hd addons, no reason Sony should've release an update that would brick a system. Point being that both sides have made mistakes and I'd like to point out that the overheat issues still occurs in only slightly more than isolated incidents to this day. And this bricking issue, according to other sites, has occured mostly in aftermarket 500 - 1 tb drives, and about 8% of the cases occuring in aftermarket 120's to 360's. I can't personally blame them for not testing every drive on the market for a simple update.

Guess what I'm saying is that shit like this will happen on both sides, and if you were gonna stick to a negative issue, stick to the hacking thing. Now, if a psn game or app bricked it, that's an entirely different story but an update malfunction like this even happens on the 360. Hell, even had happened on the Wii U on release. And Nintendo is probably more anal about their consoles than Microsoft.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't even close to being the same thing. Microsoft knew there was a flaw with their system and proceeded to sell it anyway in order to beat the PS3 out the door and into consumers' homes. Its a tactic that worked for the most part. Thats deceit and manipulation on their part. Sony released a patch that bricks any hdd that didn't come with the console, be it 500gb-1tb or 250 gb. Obviously, it was bad enough that they had to take the patch offline and people are forced to put the console into safemode and install a patch via usb. That's incompetence on Sony's part.

This isn't a matter of "sticking to an issue". I'm not a fanboy like you. I don't care who wins this "war". I want the better console. When my money goes to a company, I want the assurance that retarded shit like my console dying via hardware failure or software **** up isn't going to happen. Again, with the 360, nothing has ever happened to me. I've never had to worry about bullshit console patches. A specific game patch might screw up your game, but thats not on Microsoft. When was the last time a 360 update bricked the system? 2006? Seriously, that's your argument? How are you so blinded by brand loyalty that this doesn't upset you? It's 2013, and the PS3 and PSN should be done working out all the kinks.

Like I said, I preordered a PS4 and an X1. As far as hardware goes, the PS4 is winning in my book. But let's not pretend Sony or Nintendo are more competent when it comes to software than Microsoft is. Laugh at win8 all you want, I guarantee all of you are still using a windows product. They simply handle the online component better, be it updates or Live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom