Witcher 3 - 30 times larger than Witcher 2!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Possibly dumb question, but isn't ubersampling just a really intensive type of AA? :V

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Practically its the same. But technically its rendering the scene multiple times instead of just once. So it takes as much processing power as well.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm really excited about this :D. One of the best games, love the gameplay although I've never been a big fan of potions and stuff. However I've always been a fan of swords, swordfighting and magic/powers and I think The Witcher gets it right in that aspect really good! Although, saying that, I preferred the first one's sword fighting with all the flurries and clicking at the right times in a combo to continue it. Felt cinematic and actually had time to look at the animations properly unlike any of today's games where I have to keep looking at my opponents.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, GUYS...

There... are... WHALES... in... this... game...

For... real...

Also, prepare to have your Internet hate you.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The... the... the... the... sheer... beauty of this. I thought it was... impossible. Now... I can rest... in peace X)

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
YUSS!!! I can see the pictures are still a bit rough, I'm pretty sure the post processing will change a lot until the game is released, but they already look very good!

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
In some of the screenshots I am reminded of the Gothic series a bit. Maybe a combo of it and Skyrim somewhat. Looks weet as!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt brings several new and interesting features beyond its beautifully bleak landscape. A thread on the World of Players RPG community (via OXM) collects the highlights of a pair of previews from German magazines PC Games and Gamestar, including the addition of Fallout-style location-based damage and a staggering number of quests.
Check out some of the more notable features below:

• Geralt can steer boats and ride horses to reach his destination. He can tame wild versions of the latter with his Axii spell, but you can also purchase mounts from various stables.
  • The monster-slayer apparently hit the gym after The Witcher 2 wrapped up, as he now adds climbing and jumping to his movement abilities.
  • Three primary areas make up The Witcher 3′s explorable land, and their entirety is available to you from the very start.
  • Your actions and choices can trigger 36 different states for the world along with three possible endings. Some Witcher 2 choices affect your story as well, though it isn’t clear which of the second game’s endings constitute canon.
  • You’ll be able to hunt various critters and sell their fur and meat for gold. Let’s hope you won’t need to create and heft around dozens of crafted bags.
  • The main story missions take around 50 hours to complete, and side-quests take an equal amount of time. For completionists, you’re looking at over 100 hours of Witchering.
  • Sorry, sociopaths—Geralt won’t lift a finger against innocent civilians no matter how hard you mash your attack key.
  • Area transitions are all seamless.
  • You can direct Geralt’s strikes to hit individual body parts of a foe a la Fallout’s VATS system. Finally, you can now execute the ancient “nut-stab” maneuver passed down from Witchers of old.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/01/the-witcher-3-gameplay-features/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love VATS so much. So far the next gen hasn't disappointed.

This is gonna be good.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I might be opening old threads but since finally the trailers are out might be worth a watch and further discussion.

[video=youtube;c0i88t0Kacs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs[/video]

[video=youtube;TZ_G6XiHoUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_G6XiHoUA[/video]

Gave me goose bumps, wish we had a witcher in real life... lots of... monsters.

Last edited:
2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This looks pretty awsome, I wonder how much of it is preanimated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom