Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Hey Guys,

I have some issues installing ATI Video Drivers & the ATI software on Windows 7 (64 Bit.) I attempted a lot of installations, even the windows 7 64bit ones. It seems to install correctly, but when ever I check the hardware monitor settings, but I keep seeing this:

Even if I remove it, then install the ATI drivers.. It keeps using the Microsoft drivers. How do I solve this?

Thanks!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
*shrugs*, there are official Windows 7 drivers. And heck, even windows can find it correctly. I'll check the support list to see if it is supported.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I gave up, no way i could get the drivers to run on Windows 7.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah sadly ATI are not as quick off the mark as Nvidia are with there windows 7 drivers, I still suggest not using windows 7 as a primary OS as it's still in the final stages of development, by all means use it but only for testing.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got my hd4870 running fine on win7 x64.

Just went and installed the win7 version of the drivers...

Was pretty easy for me.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
well ive got windows 7 and ati radeon hd 3600 Series... i have the driver cd but the driver is for xp and vista so i got some catalyst driver from theyr official website and everything works perfect ;)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The HD versions works with W7, just the X version doesn't.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Did you try Vista Drivers?

They could work, you'll never know.
I tried everything, and couldn't get it to work. Thus I removed Windows 7 from my parent's PC.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
^ What he said. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel like I'm rubbing it in, but it is not my intention. I saw this thread and remembered I wanted to try Win7. I installed it and installed the drivers for my ATi 4870 1gig. No problems at all.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
According to the ATI software driver site, your ATI Radeon HD 4800 series is supported for Windows 7. I'll just have to face the facts that my dad's current Video Card is just way too old. I hope customized drivers will appear later on for it to work on W7. But I'm using Windows 7 SP1 at my own computer with my 8800GTS Video Card.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Fastest way to solve this problem? Get a Nvidia card... Better, faster and more stable. + you get physics by Nvidia :p
If you rely want to have DirectX 10.1 then get a GTX 280 or higher but if your ok with DirectX 10 then the 9800 GT is a pretty good card that can run probably all of today's games at max and with some overclocking here and there it will be just perfect for today's games. Or if you want one under 100$ the 9600GT is just as ok...

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Fastest way to solve this problem? Get a Nvidia card... Better, faster and more stable. + you get physics by Nvidia :p
If you rely want to have DirectX 10.1 then get a GTX 280 or higher but if your ok with DirectX 10 then the 9800 GT is a pretty good card that can run probably all of today's games at max and with some overclocking here and there it will be just perfect for today's games. Or if you want one under 100$ the 9600GT is just as ok...
You cant do anything about it, but your a Nvidia fanboy. Considering on the other thread you just cant stop saying nvidia :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom