Vegeta's 7-Year Training

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why did Vegeta train for those 7 years between Cell (Cell Games) and Buu (Great Saiyaman) Sagas? I mean... he said to himself that he will never fight again after seeing how he was outmatched by Goku and even his son Gohan (he said that after Super Perfect Cell was destroyed).

Was it just temporary despair and later he regained his self-confidence, then continued training as Saiyans are used to?
Or have he thought of a new objective - get stronger than Gohan (in this case he succeeded)?

He trained so hard... even managed to achieve Super Saiyan 2 form.

Your thoughts.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta isn't the person to stop training himself. His goal was always to become the strongest. So I guess that in the end he started the training again to become stronger and surpass Gohan (and Goku). Trunks growing up and Goten being born may have had something to do with it as well.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems fair. After Goten was born, Vegeta might have decided to make his son stronger than his worst opponent - Goku's one. He also decided to be the strongest person of that time, that meant beating Gohan in power. After he succeeded in it (that might be the achievement of Super Saiyan 2), he was no longer in despair in any way and continued his training since it was a normal thing for him to do.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I denno, Akira never specified D:

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Akira would have specified it, I wouldn't have created this thread.

Best answers
Well, at the end of the manga, Vegeta was excited with the idea of fighting Goku. And he though he could win.
If at the Buu saga Vegeta states he lost against Goku definetly and then he wanted to defeat him again, why wouldn't he train to, at least, surpass Gohan?

Maybe I haven't explained well, but the idea is that Vegeta felt he had no reason to fight in that moment, but then he recovered his will to continue training and surpass Gohan.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what else would vegeta do with his time anyway :S?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or watch his 64-inch TV?

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
It's kinda stupid that he trained only for 1 year to achieve USSJ and 7 freaking years to ascend only to SSJ2. It was one of those lame moments when Goku just had to be the strongest and win the fight again...
This is why I like Bleach more then DBz. In DBz the main character ( Goku ) was always the strongest. I think we can say he was Overpowered... But in Bleach, Ichigo, even though he is the main character, he is still rather week and doesn't win every fight like Goku did -_-

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's kinda stupid that he trained only for 1 year to achieve USSJ and 7 freaking years to ascend only to SSJ2. It was one of those lame moments when Goku just had to be the strongest and win the fight again...
This is why I like Bleach more then DBz. In DBz the main character ( Goku ) was always the strongest. I think we can say he was Overpowered... But in Bleach, Ichigo, even though he is the main character, he is still rather week and doesn't win every fight like Goku did -_-
Goku didnt win every fight. Need i remind you that everything after frieza saga was preety much bull**** that was made due to the popularity of the manga. Dragonball was supposed to end with Frieza. No SSJ2 or anything else. As for Gokus fights. He lost against Tien, Roshi, Piccolo, Mercenary Tao. His fight with Raditz couldnt be regarded as a win nor his fight with Vegeta.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
How do you know it took him 7 years and not like, 3 years?

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ok, let's say it took him about 3 years to ascend to SSJ2. Then he should have figure out and perfect another transformation in the next 4 years. At least USSJ2 and beat the crap out of Buu since he was a fat, slow, pink piece of blob. One final flash would have ended the fight.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
USSJ2? Ultra transformation just ****s you up, if you haven't noticed that yet. Too much energy drain and slow speed. Though I agree that if Vegeta went USSJ2 and shot Final Flash into Fat Buu's face, it would probably destroyed Fat Buu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom