the quiting modeler's

Good Idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
let me ask.. since when is modeling on a computer considered not "having a life"...? If you think quitting modeling to go see ur gf that ull prolly break up with in a few weeks anyway due to u finding out she is ugly.. that's not getting back to "RL". Model because you like to do it.. and when u quit.. dont say ur getting back to "RL". Everyone has a "RL"...
theres no need to get offended, by getting a life im sure he meant expanding on your social life, wich if your not serious about getting a career in the field, would be the better choice

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I decided a long time ago that I was going to turn this into my life, and it's going to be a solid decade before I'm ready to call it quits.
I get tired of modeling sometimes, especially when I have a lot of projects small projects, or I'm working through on big project. The best way I've found to deal with is to constantly look at other people's artwork, but 3d and 2d, and draw inspiration from the drive to improve there skills. I've made it a habit to spend an hour a day on DA, polycount, cgchat, and cgtalk, and that really helps to buoy my energy. Even if I don't feel like modeling for a week, I still find it encouraging and I'm ready to hop back onto my next project after a short break.
My social life has suffered alot because of this, but when I'm modeling I feel like I have a purpose in life and that I'm actually making headway toward my goals. As bad as feeling lonely can be though, its a helluva alot better than feeling like I fail at life because I don't know what I really want to do

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
World of Warcraft :(

one day i'll be back D:

Best answers
I'd say motivation is the key. If I have lots of it, I'll model to my hearts content.

The other reason is because MMO'S > modeling.
Hell ya MMO's are better than modeling. Tried for about an hour to figure modeling. Maybe some other time..................
For The Alliance! :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well wouldnt it be cool if we like made something with all of us to just get all of us back to the modeling scene ?

like create all new non dbz like models for esf or smth ? or make esf for hl2 ? im just trowing it out there as a posibility ^^:p (please note its 3:18 on saterday night.... im not as think as you drunk XD)

Best answers
I would have to put in order reasons why I only model every now and again...
1. WoW
2. School
3. Real Life
4. No real motivation
5. Want to make original works not something based on an anime

Thats the reason's why i seldom model...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'll never quit because i'll never stop learning new things, it earns me a fair amount of money, and don't think i can stop enjoying it.

Best answers
Never found modelling/skinning boring, just very time consuming, which is a problem since I have things like school/work/social life that I take higher priority in. I always wanted to finish the Buu skin that I have been working on, problem is most of the time i spend at home is used for sleep, the rest of the day I am out =/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TOASTEHHH!!

I wondered were you went ;o.....

Err..I get bored with my projects often and drop them if I dont finish them fast....but i denno if I will ever actually quit model, I get the urge to model way too often, I probably couldn't make my self quit if I wanted to...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err..I get bored with my projects often and drop them if I dont finish them fast....but i denno if I will ever actually quit model, I get the urge to model way too often, I probably couldn't make my self quit if I wanted to...
well remembering your first esf model (goten) you were pretty different ;P

but same as everybody here i bet, everybody quits his project for a longer time after it gets boring.

for now i changed abit from Character modeling to Envoirment modeling (thanks to a project wich i always wanted to do)

I musst say, i enjoy it abit more then Character modeling, its simple, its easy, its abit bothering in someways, but you get things faster done as the results are pretty good seeable in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom