The Future of ESF

Best answers
So much animations? It depends on how complex you want your animations to be. How realistic. It wouldn't have much more, if anymore animations than a normal TC.

So much coding? All TC's and MOD's require alot of coding. The coding is not much of a problem. THe major problem would be setting up a server to hold all the players' information, stats, spawnpoint, items, money, etc.

Best answers
an RPG would be cool but take to long and lots of money to keep an server of that magnitude up

Best answers
that would be kool as hell to go to different planets and fight like frieza, then cell, and so on. That is a pretty kool i dea.:yes:

Best answers
its quite hard to think of...a game with some much detailed modeling...coding and textures will make the game go extremly slow...but since ur taking future...I hear in 2003, AMD will make a 4GHz computer...maybe then this might be considered...lol

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
what r u talking about? 2003? They can do stuff like that easly now

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Originally posted by Frag_Boy
its quite hard to think of...a game with some much detailed modeling...coding and textures will make the game go extremly slow...but since ur taking future...I hear in 2003, AMD will make a 4GHz computer...maybe then this might be considered...lol
lol, my friend My new computer will be close to 4 ghz. I am going to have 2 processors on my mother board.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he was trying to tell you that the game's performance is not up to running on today's PC's. And what good is the code if only 15 people can use it. :)

Best answers
15 people? More people have nice PC's day after day.

My PC is behind compared to everyone else. Its a P3 600MHZ. I need an upgrade, but for right now, it gets the job done with no lag or low FPS. It works great in EverQuest, HL, Quake3, etc. So it should work fine on most anything else.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too much embellishment on that one.

And I only have a Celery (Super Sayain Pentium II ;)) running at 466MHz

Damn, must do better . . . =(

Best answers
WAAHHH!!!
i have a pII 266 with a ATI 128 thing that nobody supports
:cry:

personally,im suprised esf runs as well as it does

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i got Athlon 1000 Matrox G450 and a Ati Rage pro (to make videos)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So it looks like the future of ESF is a 4GHz AMD processor (I LIKE)
But come-on lets get back on topic!

BrunO

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, i got lost somewere inbetween the rpg part, and the 2003 amd:)

Best answers
Whow, I'm still registered..oops, off topic. Anyways, there is a DBZ RPG thing like you were talking about. It coulda died, I haven't checked recently. You DL the files for it, and install them. Everything is against bots. Looked rather cool, person I talked to played it and he said it was very cool.(I couldn't run it for some reason...). http://www.thedragonballrpg.com is the site, I think...

Best answers
If you STAY with us it will be great, escpeially at the rate it is being developed at the moment.
STAY FREE!

BTW, Tribes 1 is also an RPG:p, quite good to, but it is unfair in the fact that when you join you are very weak & when you have been there to long (or play more) you are to strong for anyone!

Best answers
I am a big fan of Esforces, have been there from the beginning and would love to see it as a fully developed mod. You so far have made a terrific mod, graphic and game play wise. How ever (no offence) but the mod does have a long way to go... Some of the models are unperfected and glitchy, and need I ask about the melee attacks *cough* *cough*. You are good at mod developing, but GAME developing is another issue, Esforces could be the next big mod if developed carefully, you should rely on the success of Esforces as a sign wether or not to continue on to bigger or better thing.:yes:

Best answers
the future of esf is simple in my eyes... u learn to mod in q3 or upcoming q4 sence hl is dieing.... but then again playstation did beat the **** out of 64 even though it looked worst but the gameplay was fun as hell... i personaly love esf and the power struggles but it would look better in q3 format.. i would say unreal but i hear unreal tornament is ***** to mod into dbz..

P.S i understand u guys want to do what bfp did and make a orginal version... that would work... like i know for sure the bfp team could go retail.. if ID gave them the go on using there engine but im sure that will cost a pretty penny...

P.S.S anyone know how much rtcw payed to use the q3 engine??? and god i love rtcw its really that good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom