Super Mario Galaxy

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Couldn't find a thread about it, so I decided to make one. Who has it/beat it? I found the game actually quite fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I look forward to it only because:

You get to play the entire game over from start to finish as Luigi after getting all 120 Stars as Mario.

...also, I hear the Bowser fights are the most epic yet.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've "beaten" it; I use the quotation marks because some Mario die-hards would not consider completing the final "fight" in the game as actually beating at, and would, instead, point to the notion of getting all 120 stars as truly beating the game.

I have done the former, but not the latter (I am in the process of getting those 120 stars. I just past 100 before my finals period took over my free time).

I have to say that I haven't enjoyed a platformer this much since Mario 64 was released - it just feels fresh and, as a few reviews have touted, doesn't feel like it relies solely on the image of Mario to make the game fun. Brand loyalty didn't make this game more fun (lest it fall to the level of Mario Sunshine - the little platformer that couldn't, in my opinion) - it was just put together very well. I will admit that it was a little on the easy side, but the variety of levels to explore, as well as some of the more challenging, optional stars (those required to get you up to 120) balances that out (adding the requisite tedium that all platformers I really enjoy seem to have).

Even if you are disenfranchised with the Mario series, I'd recommend at least renting the game - you, in any sensible right, shouldn't/won't be sorry.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't finished it yet, I have the ability to go see bowser but I'm too busy collecting stars (have barely touched the last section of the hub).
Which imo has made the game for me. In all the previous 3D mario games I've played (M64 and Sunshine) I haven't even considered collecting all the stars an option, purely because I found star collecting both tedious and mundane. Galaxy however, makes collecting stars fun, and I haven't been satisfied with a galaxy till I've collected all the stars I can (not including purple coin stars)

I was originally skeptical on whether I'd enjoy galaxy, but I'd have to say its seriously the best 3D Mario game I've ever played and a great title for the Wii.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't beaten Bowser yet, I'm going for the 120 stars before I go and tackle him. :3 Galaxy is a lot of fun, and like Rocky, I'm of the opinion that collecting stars in this Mario is more fun than in some previous games, because the things you do and the planets you visit are so incredibly varied and polished that every time you blast off, it's an entirely new adventure. It's really cool and I love it. :3

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't finished it yet, I have the ability to go see bowser but I'm too busy collecting stars (have barely touched the last section of the hub).
Which imo has made the game for me. In all the previous 3D mario games I've played (M64 and Sunshine) I haven't even considered collecting all the stars an option, purely because I found star collecting both tedious and mundane. Galaxy however, makes collecting stars fun, and I haven't been satisfied with a galaxy till I've collected all the stars I can (not including purple coin stars)

I was originally skeptical on whether I'd enjoy galaxy, but I'd have to say its seriously the best 3D Mario game I've ever played and a great title for the Wii.
HOLY **** ROCKY

But yeah, best mario game since bros 3 / 64.

If you got a wii, get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom