sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq-kK7GEb7M[/ame]

Rednecks are crazy.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am a redneck myself to a certain extent (hey, its what happens when you are born and raised in texas). Living in what i thought was an uber redneck hick town from hell, even this seems "alien" to me. Makes me think ALOT of it was set up beforehand just for the show.

Not once in my 25 years of living has a truckload of angry assclowns chased anyone out of town,... not even annoying British people =P.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait now who's more silly? The rednecks or the people willingly putting themselves into that situation knowing full well what the reactions to their actions would be :x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am a redneck myself to a certain extent (hey, its what happens when you are born and raised in texas). Living in what i thought was an uber redneck hick town from hell, even this seems "alien" to me. Makes me think ALOT of it was set up beforehand just for the show.

Not once in my 25 years of living has a truckload of angry assclowns chased anyone out of town,... not even annoying British people =P.
top gear is well known for not setting things up.

that being said. holy crap xD

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And the Brits wanted to win the Revolutionary War.

G
top gear is well known for not setting things up.

that being said. holy crap xD
On the other hand, a lot of their stuff would be impossible if not set up. Especially their little camping trip where they set their neighbour on fire, the BBC would never air that if it was real. Health and safety regulations. In fact, throwing stones at presenters and camera men probbably comes under that too.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you'll find top gear doesn't set up anything like this. Do you think clarkson gives a **** about health and safety? I mean him and James May were drinking vodka while driving to the north pole.

Top Gear is one of the greatest shows ever, I don't give a **** about cars, but their episodes are just awesome. Arctic expedition is my fav;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utzvVwT8YDI[/ame]

Force Pit Member
Best answers
LOL!!

I always wanted to see how much a Camera-man can be brave.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh seriously. You can preach "ITS NOT SET UP ITS NOT SET UP" all you want, from your couch/desk chair. BUT, you are not the one actually living where these vile creatures supposedly hail from. I on the other hand do live among these "beasts", So id take my word over that of a silly Brit any day. People do not actually act that way down here, This video was 100% staged.

unless of course the Alabama variety of redneck is actually dumber than a typical Texas one. In which case who knows, why not call it "Silly Alabamans....." then?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do know, Alabama is a very big place right? its almost the size of England (not Britain - there's a difference), and I cant claim to know about every township or village here in terms of conduct to outsiders.

Lets say it was staged, despite that fact, Top Gear is one of the best made shows I've ever seen. They take the piss and slag off everyone, so don't think this is some sort of jab at the deep south, they ridicule and make fun of everyone and everything, because that's what kind of humour Top Gear is about, there are no exceptions. Top Gear excels in ingenuity and entertainment.

Don't know why you have to call us silly and annoying btw, It's quite offensive to have some silly Yank to keep referring to nationality with discrediting adjectives. See what I mean?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
give the title of the thread it was posted in, it seemed to fit just fine =P

G
Lets say it was staged, despite that fact, Top Gear is one of the best made shows I've ever seen. They take the piss and slag off everyone, so don't think this is some sort of jab at the deep south, they ridicule and make fun of everyone and everything, because that's what kind of humour Top Gear is about, there are no exceptions. Top Gear excels in ingenuity and entertainment.
Clearly isn't a taster of the fine cuisine that is Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
give the title of the thread it was posted in, it seemed to fit just fine =P
From the videos I've seen and the stories I've read, I do get the impression that the deep south is full of crazy rednecks. I'm sure some red necks are fine people, but still.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, then I invite you to come down here yourself and be disappointed that it isnt anything like what youve heard.(in every town anyways, dumb people are everywhere, regardless of location)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus, people just plain don't tolerate an opposing viewpoint down there...I knew they were all a bunch of slack-jaw shotgun toters, but I thought there'd be a chance that I was adhering too much to a stereotype. Thanks for reassuring my lack of faith in Southerners, Youtube.

Of course, the fact that my Navy buddy stationed in Virginia nearly got beat to death and thrown overboard because he was gay helped reinforce that sterotype as well. He still got his ass kicked, but not before literally seeing red, turning on his aggressor and breaking his jaw in the 3 places.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, then I invite you to come down here yourself and be disappointed that it isnt anything like what youve heard.(in every town anyways, dumb people are everywhere, regardless of location)
I generally don't consider Texas to be the deep south. I guess my point is that stuff like this...

Of course, the fact that my Navy buddy stationed in Virginia nearly got beat to death and thrown overboard because he was gay helped reinforce that sterotype as well. He still got his ass kicked, but not before literally seeing red, turning on his aggressor and breaking his jaw in the 3 places.
doesn't happen in New York. But yeah, I realize that generalizations are bad and obviously there are exceptions, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom