Sequel to Berserk! (Anime)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Always wanted to watch Berserk after a friend suggested saying it was the best anime he ever watched, just didn't find the time.

With this, i can fulfill his request.

Also, HE HAS TWO HANDED SWORD!!!!
While i agree that the original anime was good. It was nothing compared to the epicnes that is the manga. Hopefully this will follow the manga.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't quite follow when you say "he has a two-handed sword". I saw two types of sword in the trailers, and Gattsu can wield both of them with one hand (though they're technically two-handed).

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically this,

I meant the size not the hold.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, we are fully aware that he wields a two handed sword. What of it?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I never watched the anime, but recently read the Manga, thinking "oh boy, it's been 20- years, Manga has to be done, the anime ended before the manga did, I want to get the true story"

...20 ******* years, and the Manga is STILL NOT DONE!

Which means that most likely this remake will end early again...I hope not. I hope the Manga ends really soon so the anime can follow it.

I mean damn, same thing happened to me with GantZ, I watched the anime and then decided I liked it alot, so I'd read the Manga. It started in 2000, it's 2010, so naturally, it should be done....nope. Still going with a new chapter every few months. A 20-25 page chapter every few months...ugh.

I really dislike how long it takes these Japanese artists to write these Manga. I understand the scope & greatness of them, but still!

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I never watched the anime, but recently read the Manga, thinking "oh boy, it's been 20- years, Manga has to be done, the anime ended before the manga did, I want to get the true story"

...20 ******* years, and the Manga is STILL NOT DONE!
I hope you're aware that the author hasn't been consistent with chapter releases.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Miura sold out by giving Guts his silly super armor. Everything up to that point in the series was glorious.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah, the Berserk Armor? It's cool though, but I do kinda agree, Gutts went from a human trying his hardest and managing, to just having his... "Super Saiyan" mode basically. And yes, I know he hasn't released on a time schedule, but that is what frustrates me...is all. I just want them done in a timely fashion. I remember watching animes that never had proper endings and being so annoyed; so I brought myself to read the Manga, which many deem superior to their anime counter-parts, only to find they suffer from the same stigma - NEVER ENDING!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw the Berserker armor as a natural progression. It was necessary if Gattsu were ever to fight the truly powerful apostles, like Zod and the new ones in Griffith's army. The armor is a welcome alternative to the bull**** powerups in Bleach, Naruto and One Piece in my opinion. At least the Berserker armor has severe consequences.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched the anime years ago, I actually didn't mind it at all except for the ending that was abrupt (as we all know). I was turned off reading the manga cause I just couldn't build the motivation to go through all those chapters and the whole inconsistent releases thing. Either way, a remake that hopefully continues the story would be awesome.

I don't really know what the latest in the manga is, but remember that the FMA anime remake ended up coinciding with the finishing of the manga so that the last chapter was released a couple weeks before the final episode, the timing for this could be similar? Just throwing it out there.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can only hope. I am just annoyed, I don't want to read Manga either now, because it never freaking finishes. I'm being drawn away from anime these days because they all seem to have an open ending, just so that they can justify a new season & more money. What ever happened to 12 episode animes with a conclusive story? I dunno, I personally prefer 26 episode animes that finish with just that. Like Trigun for example, a favorite of mine, 26 episodes was perfect, and they managed to convey a world even larger than animes that have 100+ Episodes.

Just draws me away, you know? I don't want to watch anime because I'll never find out the ending, because the Manga won';t be done for another 10 years. Death Note was amazing, and completed quickly. Code Geass, two seasons @ 26 episodes, which was fine, and it was a contained story.

But those are getting rarer and rarer these days, I often now have to google around to see the state of a manga before I'll watch an anime, cause well, crap, I hate not knowing the ending. This started with Inuyasha for me when I was like 14, and finished the series, I was like "???" that's it?

It took them 6-7 years to get new episodes out...frustrating ~ and now I don't even care enough to download the final episodes.

Last edited:
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on the series really, I like some short series' when they wrap them up really tightly, but there's something about a particularly grand anime that goes on for years and builds bigger and bigger until it overflows awesome.

I do agree that the worst thing animators can do to a series is ruin it by fudging an ending together because they've run out of material, but if they waited for a series to finish before they began the anime series, anime would be pretty damn far behind. It's goes both ways really.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Berserk isn't even close to finished. I think it's more likely that the mangaka "ends" before the manga does.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger got me into Berserk, I've only just got up to date with the manga but I've thoroughly enjoyed it. The armour adds another layer of danger when it gets tough. I agree that it would be kind of cheesy for him to transform or rely on pure rage - the latter he's done enough earlier in the series.

The Trigun anime was a little short in my opinion, the ending wasn't great either. Asking for them to have waited for the manga would be silly but another 2 or 3 episodes would have made the final confrontation seem like less of a cop-out. Although series like Escaflowne and Outlaw Star did wonderfully with 26 episodes. I just wish Outlaw Star gave a sequel like it promised ^^.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
Outlaw Star had a spinoff, Angel Links, not quite the same but its the same universe/era/etc.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but it had nothing to do with the original cast. Outlaw Star was alright, not a great anime, but above average for sure. And Yeah, I realize they can't wait for Manga to finish, but still...I just wish he'd release on a more constant basis. Once a month isn't too much to ask for, is it?! At least that! He's doing it like once every 3 months right now, and 20-25 pages goes out within minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom